Author Topic: Help me recover funds  (Read 4391 times)

Offline BogdanCo

• View Profile
You have brainkey

1. Open the settings
2. Enter the wallet mangement console
3. click on "New wallet"
4. Click "Custom Brainkey (advanced)"
5. Provide a new (or the old) passphrase
6. provide the brain key
7. create the new wallet

After this you should see your balance but no nickname.
Then click top left icon which leads to https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/dashboard
Click bitsharesjohn123
I've just tested. Must work if your brainkey is correct

Hi nmywn,

Can you please guide me in the recovery of my account? I made all these steps that you described and still can't access my account. I can access the wallet, after entering my password I can see the brankey. It's possible that the brankey could have changed when I lost my account?

Thanks,
Bogdan

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline iamnaok

• View Profile
  • BitShares: naok77
i'm using Chrome, tried Firefox, the same endless loading circles...

Offline BogdanCo

• View Profile
Thats true. I have the same problem and I NEVER saw a message that I immediately should download the backup. Which year you are living at? Normally people have just login and password for the services they use.

For me the problem even worse, I can not access my funds even from the PC and browser which I used to create my account (I didnt clear cache), just see the endless loading page...

That's the thing.. I never saw a message that I have to make a backup, because I would have done it.
I've tried, the cache is not available anymore...
Isn't a way to recover it? I see that my account is still there with all the funds inside, but I can't access it. If I search for it, says it's not mine...

Thanks again

It says to backup your wallet, but only if you are not on the "exchange" tab. I had created the account then went to the exchange tab and never went back. So there is no "begging" from the platform to backup your wallet if you keep open only in the "exchange" tab. I admit now that I could have been a little more careful and read more about this platform.

I have the brankey, I can access my wallet, I have also the password, but it seems the account is not there. I can see it, I can "follow" it but can't spend funds from it.

Made 2 tickets to support, nobody answers them. This really sucks....

I had also the problem with the loading page... do you use iexplorer?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:11:49 am by BogdanCo »

Offline iamnaok

• View Profile
  • BitShares: naok77
Thats true. I have the same problem and I NEVER saw a message that I immediately should download the backup. Which year you are living at? Normally people have just login and password for the services they use.

For me the problem even worse, I can not access my funds even from the PC and browser which I used to create my account (I didnt clear cache), just see the endless loading page...

That's the thing.. I never saw a message that I have to make a backup, because I would have done it.
Isn't a way to recover it? I see that my account is still there with all the funds inside, but I can't access it. If I search for it, says it's not mine...

Thanks again

Offline BogdanCo

• View Profile
Thanks for support :)

Yes I have the brainkey, I can see it after I entered my password.
After point 7 I don't see any balance and I can't see the account bogdanco24. What am I doing wrong? :(

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
You have brainkey

1. Open the settings
3. click on "New wallet"
6. provide the brain key
7. create the new wallet

After this you should see your balance but no nickname.
Then click top left icon which leads to https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/dashboard
Click bitsharesjohn123
I've just tested. Must work if your brainkey is correct

Offline BogdanCo

• View Profile

Thanks again
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:12:50 pm by BogdanCo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The username and password won't help you, you need the wallet file in your browser.
That's why the wallet BEGs you to make a backup

Hopefully, you can reinstall your previous browser and the cache/local storage is still available. I'd give it a shot

Offline BogdanCo

• View Profile
Hi,

I recently switched to Chrome and delete the old browser. I didn't know I must make a backup of my wallet/account. Now my account is gone from the wallet.
I have the username and password of the account or wallet. Isn't a way to recover the account or how can I enter in my account?

Any help would be appreciated,
Bogdan

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks for that but that brain key just creates another wallet, without my account in there.

I can get into and unlock that wallet fine but my account - bitsharesjohn123 is not there. Although it does show under 'Ignored accounts', below the other accounts I've made.

I have a password for it but I cannot enter this anywhere.

What i think i've done is not backed up the first wallet and account i made, then in a confused state made a new wallet with the same password as the account i set up in the first wallet, and then backed up that.

My own fault, funds to the BTS gods.
In the newly created wallet (the one with the brainwallet) .. if browser for your account using the explorer->account (just search for your account name and open it) .. does it say
"(Your Account)" next to the user name and the icon in the left navigation?

If so, you are good to go!

Offline Haggis

Thanks for that but that brain key just creates another wallet, without my account in there.

I can get into and unlock that wallet fine but my account - bitsharesjohn123 is not there. Although it does show under 'Ignored accounts', below the other accounts I've made.

I have a password for it but I cannot enter this anywhere.

What i think i've done is not backed up the first wallet and account i made, then in a confused state made a new wallet with the same password as the account i set up in the first wallet, and then backed up that.

My own fault, funds to the BTS gods.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:49:25 am by Haggis »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
if you have the brain key, then you can do like this:

1. Open the settings
3. click on "New wallet"
6. provide the brain key
7. create the new wallet

Your account should now be accessible from the top navigation bar -> account.

Good luck

Offline Haggis

I'm new to BitShares and have obviously got confused with wallets and accounts.

I can't access:

bitsharesjohn123

I set it up 5 months ago and call recall how I set it up. All I can seem to do is follow this account.

I have a brainkey and 2 passwords but have tried everything. Only 16k BTS but would be nice to recover. Go halves if it's found. Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:39:10 am by Haggis »