Author Topic: bitshares.org webwallet -> openledger, account name moved, not balance  (Read 5121 times)

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
yes exactly  ???

not the most obvious solution, but I thought I had better try every possible option in the menu :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I guess you used "import keys" instead of "recover backup" when trying to load the file ..

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
well, thanks for  the help everyone, I seem to have recovered my account. I'll post what I did a lttle later

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
I have managed to login to wallet.bitshares.org and can see the wallet name at the top right.

the recovery key generates fine, but its the same recovery brainkey that I had before which will not import into openledger.info

But when I try to download a backup by clicking on the account name, selecting "advanced", wallet tab, "backup wallet" - when I click "save" it just downloads a file called "download" which seems to be some kind of JSON file.  When i try to import this as a backup I get an "invalid format" error message.

Any thoughts?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There is an open issue in github about this:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/840

If you can still create the wallet, you should give it a try!

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
You may have a BRAINKEY instead of a file .. a brainkey is a sentence with 16 words .. if you find that, you can recover your stuff

Yes I have a 16 word brainkey - but when I go to openledger.info and go to Create Account  / existing account / custom brainkey, I get the following message:
This BrainKey is not compatable with BTS 1.0
(Use a backup file instead)

Any clue whats wrong there?

Quote from: svk
Does this account have a balance if you check it on cryptofresh.com?

No it doesnt - well, it shows a tiny test transaction from a  few weeks ago, but the main balance I bought in before Chrimbo isnt visible.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Yes .. wallet.bitshares.org was a bts1 wallet and is still only to allow people to claim their stuff and move over to BTS2

Offline svk

I previously had a bts webwallet over at  https://wallet.bitshares.org/

I've created a wallet on openledger and used the (very long) brainkey(?) to restore my account name to openledger. In the wallet management console, I can see my account name under "active wallet" however, I cannot see any balance.

Could anyone assist by advising or pointing me toward the necessary steps to recover my BTS balance?
Does this account have a balance if you check it on cryptofresh.com?

Wasn't wallet.bitshares.org a 1.0 wallet btw?

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You may have a BRAINKEY instead of a file .. a brainkey is a sentence with 16 words .. if you find that, you can recover your stuff

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
I was certain I had made a backup when BTS2.0 was announced, but I can't find any .bin .json or .wif files on any of my machines. Everything was working fine on https://wallet.bitshares.org/ until recently. Presumably my wallet name doesnt take its balance with it from bitshare.org to openledger.info?  ::)

Thanks for the input btw.. feeling very n00bish about this, I didnt realize things were going to stop working over at bitshare.org. If there is anything I can do I'm very grateful for the pointers.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I can login over at https://wallet.bitshares.org/ if thats what you mean - but nothing seems to work, no account ID is visible or anything.
Can you reimport your backup into wallets.bitshares.org first?
We need to get your balances and accounts to show up there and afterwards can move them over to BTS2

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
I can login over at https://wallet.bitshares.org/ if thats what you mean - but nothing seems to work, no account ID is visible or anything.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Wallet management console -->  Balance claims (lookup balances)

Thanks for that - that page doesnt appear to have anything on it, except a message "No balance claims" - am I missing something?
Do you see funds in your 1.0 Web wallet?

Can you export your 1.0 wallet and then use the "import keys" function on openledger?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline bilderberger

• View Profile
Wallet management console -->  Balance claims (lookup balances)

Thanks for that - that page doesnt appear to have anything on it, except a message "No balance claims" - am I missing something?