Author Topic: Early 2nd quarter 2016 update  (Read 16903 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
The stuff about wallets per virtual machine.. priceless.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Hi Cob,

How goes the preparations for launch in May?  Are you gearing up for a marketing drive?  Will you be able to let the Muse holders know how they might be able to help?

Cheers,

Ben.

Offline Riverhead

The Ethereum blockchain is up and running: it just works. 
  • Contact the guys at UjoMusic: http://ujomusic.com/
  • Negotiate a merger between Peertracks and UjoMusic.
  • Launch the new Peertracks Dapp on the Ethereum blockchain.

You realize to implement everything MUSE wants to do you'd basically have to recreate Bitshares on Ethereum. That would be an entire suite of smart contracts to handle ad hoc user issued assets and market pegged assets. I like Ethereum and am actively involved in a big Ethereum project but it's not the golden screwdriver. If Peertracks were to release on Ethereum it would push release out 8 - 12 months.

Also keep in mind that MUSE is not Peertracks. If you push Peertracks to Ethereum then MUSE is dead unless another business can be found to release on the platform. Be careful what you wish for.

Offline woolcii

• View Profile
We are launching Ptrack, blabla  when? Wait, Before that we need to launch Tpeer, blabla. U asked When? Listen, Before that we need to launch AShare. When is that? Not yet, I will soon release Bshit, here is why...anyway, the very first step is to launch peercrap when will be out in May!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cool

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
The Ethereum blockchain is up and running: it just works. 
  • Contact the guys at UjoMusic: http://ujomusic.com/
  • Negotiate a merger between Peertracks and UjoMusic.
  • Launch the new Peertracks Dapp on the Ethereum blockchain.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:30:27 pm by Philogus »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
wait... is this moonstone clown cob`s cousin???

Wow. that makes me confused  ::)

P.S.: Why are you talking about C++? Isnt C# the better choice?

Please explain what is this all about with Bitsapphire ? If this is the moonstone guy who screwed up the moonstone project this whole update gets a bad taste somehow
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:10:44 pm by Marky0001 »

Offline bitacer

I am glad I sold my MULES without any loss. This might end up just like its cousin doomstone or whatever its called. 

Offline svk

Graphene’s architectural shortcomings
Graphene was set up back in the day where it was thought that everyone would run their own node or download a client on their machine. The codebase still reflects that.

What we need is something that can provide an excellent UX while being scalable to millions.
Graphene’s wallet infrastructure makes it possible to host a mere few dozen wallets per virtual machine. This, of course… is not scalable to our needs.

A good solution to this is to have the wallets web based – browser side wallets.

The issue with THAT is that the JavaScript code for the browser side wallet was converted from C++ by an automatic converter making the code huge! (68 megabytes according to BitSapphire)

Loading such a large JS would be a nightmare for anyone trying to access Troopeers and PeerTracks from any phone/tablet/laptop no matter how fast your Internet connection is. Basically the code is far from optimized for this scenario, but it could be reengineered and be brought down to a more reasonable size (under 2 MG)

This is actually the exact problem BitSapphire is attempting to tackle with Moonstone. They are re-writing the JavaScript to solve this very issue.

Now that my excuses are out of the way...

This has no semblance to reality.

If Bitsapphire claims they can't develop Moonstone because of this javascript boogieman that nobody else here has ever even seen or heard of.. how the heck did this happen? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLObFOPIzIM&index=13&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

They didn't take $35k from community members to get a working mobile wallet either. Meanwhile a supposed team of experts in blockchain have failed to deliver even an alpha after an ENTIRE YEAR.

I think it is time that Moonstone returned the funds they took from everyone.. they have not delivered and clearly are in an endless loop (programmer pun intended) of only delivering excuses.

Sorry but the platform we have is MORE than adequate and handles FAR more than what is stated above even right 'now'.

The rest of the update sure.. fine.. but this part about not launching with graphene because of false claims I take issue with.

If I am off my rocker (again, this time with a music pun), then please provide the proof from bitsapphaire regarding these claims. It would be in their best interest also.
I agree, those claims about Graphene are just wrong. It was not setup like that, on the contrary it was built to address issues like that in BTS 1 which did have scaling issues of that type. One of the main points of Graphene was that no one would be required to run their own node!

Most likely Bitsapphire is feeding you lies to cover their tracks. There's no reason for them to rewrite the js from scratch or compile it from c++  (lol) instead of using jcalfee's brilliant js implementation which is used in the default GUI.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Great it is worth the wait... +5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Graphene’s architectural shortcomings
Graphene was set up back in the day where it was thought that everyone would run their own node or download a client on their machine. The codebase still reflects that.

What we need is something that can provide an excellent UX while being scalable to millions.
Graphene’s wallet infrastructure makes it possible to host a mere few dozen wallets per virtual machine. This, of course… is not scalable to our needs.

A good solution to this is to have the wallets web based – browser side wallets.

The issue with THAT is that the JavaScript code for the browser side wallet was converted from C++ by an automatic converter making the code huge! (68 megabytes according to BitSapphire)

Loading such a large JS would be a nightmare for anyone trying to access Troopeers and PeerTracks from any phone/tablet/laptop no matter how fast your Internet connection is. Basically the code is far from optimized for this scenario, but it could be reengineered and be brought down to a more reasonable size (under 2 MG)

This is actually the exact problem BitSapphire is attempting to tackle with Moonstone. They are re-writing the JavaScript to solve this very issue.

Now that my excuses are out of the way...

This has no semblance to reality.

If Bitsapphire claims they can't develop Moonstone because of this javascript boogieman that nobody else here has ever even seen or heard of.. how the heck did this happen? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLObFOPIzIM&index=13&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

They didn't take $35k from community members to get a working mobile wallet either. Meanwhile a supposed team of experts in blockchain have failed to deliver even an alpha after an ENTIRE YEAR.

I think it is time that Moonstone returned the funds they took from everyone.. they have not delivered and clearly are in an endless loop (programmer pun intended) of only delivering excuses.

Sorry but the platform we have is MORE than adequate and handles FAR more than what is stated above even right 'now'.

The rest of the update sure.. fine.. but this part about not launching with graphene because of false claims I take issue with.

If I am off my rocker (again, this time with a music pun), then please provide the proof from bitsapphaire regarding these claims. It would be in their best interest also.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cob, thanks for the honest and comprehensive update. This is a very complex project and it sounds like you've steered it through a lot of obstacles. Rome wasn't built in a day; delays are par for the course with projects like this. Of course, I strongly look forward to the day when we have an awesome product to promote and grow.

Offline woolcii

• View Profile
cool

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Cob, thank you for explaining the situation. I am very happy with the solution to the issues you've discovered and the challenges you've faced. It sounds like you've all been on quite a roller-coaster. So May! Incredible!

I think it is exceedingly important to keep everyone updated regularly regarding the transition from centralised to decentralised. I'm not interested in a successful new centralised and potentially corruptible media revolution....despite how fun it will be seeing artists and fans begin using the incredible applications you've been building.

Good luck. So impressed you've stayed the course through everything.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
So the muse token represents solely the music branch of Troopeers? So if you want to go towards other branch like sports or movies, it will have to be done on a different chain? Or it can be done all on the same chain and our current token represents all the branches Troopers can reach out to?

Everything will take place on the MUSE blockchain.

So George Clooney tokens, Elon Musk Tokens and our beloved Justin Bieber Tokens will all rest and trade on MUSE.

So will the automatic splitter which anyone can use but it will mostly be used by the musicians on MUSE since it brings much needed added value to their industry above all others.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline rajarush

• View Profile
We are launching Ptrack, blabla  when? Wait, Before that we need to launch Tpeer, blabla. U asked When? Listen, Before that we need to launch AShare. When is that? Not yet, I will soon release Bshit, here is why...anyway, the very first step is to launch peercrap when will be out in May!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk