Author Topic: Open Ledger won't let me trade  (Read 4576 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The market told me my fee was .14 BTS and I have a balance of 90.I guess I'll sell some of my OPEN.BTC and acquire more BTS under the assumption that the .14 fee is wrong.
No, that sounds like the right fee, and 90 BTS is plenty to do a lot of trading. What account are you using? I looked at "gamey", but it has no BTS...

Thank you for your effort looking into this. I was about to give you my account but it is humorously and harmlessly obscene, so I went to cryptofresh first.

Apparently my balance is 0 BTS. I had 90 BTS and the last order used those up. I am fairly positive at the time I looked at my balance and saw 90 BTS.  I spent some time looking at the exchange, so I would be very surprised if I misremembered that.  My belief now is that there was some sort of data synch issue, where the local javascript had the wrong balance. After reloading the site today it has 0 BTS balance like expected.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow

The market told me my fee was .14 BTS and I have a balance of 90.I guess I'll sell some of my OPEN.BTC and acquire more BTS under the assumption that the .14 fee is wrong.
No, that sounds like the right fee, and 90 BTS is plenty to do a lot of trading. What account are you using? I looked at "gamey", but it has no BTS...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:27:38 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
No the wallet already handles fee pools and lets you pay the fee either in BTS or the asset you're looking to sell. If you have enough funds then I'm not sure what's going on here, perhaps try to switch the fee asset back and forth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where do you see the "fee asset"? It doesn't give me the option when I try to place an order and I don't see anything similar in the settings section except "Preferred Unit of Account" (which I thought would only affect what "equivalent value" I have for each asset I hold).
Click on the asset name where you see the trading fees, it's a selector.
Ah, ok, I see it now. I was looking for it in the confirmation dialog.

Offline svk

No the wallet already handles fee pools and lets you pay the fee either in BTS or the asset you're looking to sell. If you have enough funds then I'm not sure what's going on here, perhaps try to switch the fee asset back and forth?

Where do you see the "fee asset"? It doesn't give me the option when I try to place an order and I don't see anything similar in the settings section except "Preferred Unit of Account" (which I thought would only affect what "equivalent value" I have for each asset I hold).
Click on the asset name where you see the trading fees, it's a selector.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

Offline svk

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

I am trying to buy open.dgd then see if I can actually acquire DGD. I have open.btc but when I go to buy open.dgd (I have about 5x the order and 300x the BTS it lists as the fee.) it tells me "Insufficient funds to pay fee." Is this "fee pool" thing the issue?

It is very frustrating.  I fluctuate between being like "Geez Gamey, maybe if you had used this great looking exchange you wouldn't be such a negative nancy" to "The fees and spreads are killing me and I can't even acquire a trivial amount of the token that started me down this path."
I believe the problem is the wallet doesn't use the fee pool to pay fees for market orders: it always requires you to have BTS to place orders. As far as I understand it, the blockchain would allow fees to be paid for market orders via a fee pool (any fee pool in fact), but extra code would need to be added to the web wallet to allow for it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I am trying to buy open.dgd then see if I can actually acquire DGD. I have open.btc but when I go to buy open.dgd (I have about 5x the order and 300x the BTS it lists as the fee.) it tells me "Insufficient funds to pay fee." Is this "fee pool" thing the issue?

It is very frustrating.  I fluctuate between being like "Geez Gamey, maybe if you had used this great looking exchange you wouldn't be such a negative nancy" to "The fees and spreads are killing me and I can't even acquire a trivial amount of the token that started me down this path." 

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
How do I do that?
Thanks
You have some BTS now, so happy trading :)
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline nicosey

• View Profile
How do I do that?
Thanks

Offline jambo110

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jambo110
sent 5 bts to get you in the swing.  ;)

Offline svk

It's because the fee pool is empty, which means you can't pay fees using OBITS. @ccedk

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Offline nicosey

• View Profile
Hello, Using https://bitshares.openledger.info and I have some OBITS. Whenever I tried to trade it says I don't have enough BTS. This is very strange.