Author Topic: Should BTS end merger vesting BTS early?  (Read 12130 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
End it as in pay out remaining balances or completely stiff the people who signed up for the original vision ?

The latter, stiff the people (like you and me) who have shares still vesting. (Though I wouldn't say we all signed up for the vision, DNS/BTSX/PTS lost millions of dollars in value at the time & it was pushed through with very little voting stake.)

It's costing BTS a fortune per day and not achieving many of the original outcomes, so I would vote to end the merger even though I have a few hundred thousand BTS still vesting. Though it's obviously up to others (who have already received 70% of their vesting shares) and other BTS shareholders if they think that's in the best interest of BTS overall.

I think it will hopefully that mean we can spend a lot more on our valuable developers and development without impacting the BTS price as much, the combination of which should make BTS more valuable.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:17:44 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline gamey

• View Profile

End it as in pay out remaining balances or completely stiff the people who signed up for the original vision ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

julian1

Support 100%. I don't be-grudge BM at all for needing to put food on the table, and launching a parallel chain with a bunch of insiders. But it's crazy, that BTS holders are continuing to pay for the merger (the point of which was to prevent fragmentation), under such circumstances.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The merger failed to prevent BM focusing on other, possibly competing projects, failed to retain Toast via merging DNS and failed to bring in FMV who are now crowdfunding separately.

The market would probably agree that you shouldn't continuing paying for a merger in these circumstances.

Currently I think over 700 000 BTS a day are being released, that would be a huge saving to BTS & also mean shareholders should be willing to spend more on development.

While most of my BTS is currently in the form of vesting merger shares, I think it would be better to end the merger early, does anyone else agree?

EDIT: Apologies for unclear question, poll is to delete/remove/void/cancel remaining merger shares.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:49:36 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats