Author Topic: OpenCL GPU miner opensource (for AMD cards)  (Read 33331 times)

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
Re: OpenCL GPU miner opensource (for AMD cards)
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2014, 02:56:42 am »
For anyone who stumbles onto this thread looking for a GPU ProtoShares miner, iruu's code now enables GPU mining on all OpenCL cards on all platforms:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2460.0

iruu, what's your donation address?
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline upcpu

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2014, 05:08:30 am »
24k cpm could earn more than 10 PTS in upcpu.com pool per day.

+1. In my opinion you need at least a week on a pool to decide whether to stay or not.

Agreed.  I'll let it run for a week or two and see where it's at then.  It seems there is some rapid development going on with GPU mining PTS as well so the mining landscape may change a bit even by then.

I can tell you about my experience. The first pool I tried is beeer pool. I have around 24k cpm so I expected to get 9-10PTS per day. So I mined with beeer pool around 12 hours and they found nothing. I got upset and checked another pool. I don't like ypool or ptspool.com so I try 54.238.185.113 pool since they are in the same level with beeer pool (50% more workers but 30% less shares) and at the time I checked they found round 3 blocks in 6 hours. Ok I sent my 24k cpm machines there and hoped :D.  Fortuna doesn't smile this time with me too and 54.238.185.113 pool won't found any block in 10 hours I mined with them. In that time beeer pool found 2 blocks and I got around 2PTS from my last shares. What did I should do? Well I pissed of with the checking pool routines and decided to stick with beeer pool since I like how the admin answers. Although beeer pool only found 3 or 4 blocks per day for 2 days but I don't care any more. Fortuna plays with me enough so it maybe get better. Since the time I sticked with beeer pool they found block every 2 hour. lol

But you can still have a rough calculation for pool luck if you have time to study their found blocks log. Then decide yourself and stick with it at least a few days before making any decision.

PS: 54.238.185.113 pool found 2 blocks and pays me around 1PTS for 10hours mining. I won't say it is worse, it is just too difficult to measure exactly if luck plays a big role.

Offline relm9

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:56 pm »
There is any comparsion off cpm on diff miners? (Dga, 1gh).

Dont have ant nvidia so i canot test it, with 280x i got 1060-1090 cpm.
Next nice thing is power draw :) (two 280x take abt 400w from wall... with 3770k on board)

I have a GTX 780 and get about 1650 cpm with cudapts.

Offline Avant

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »
Any progress for AMD cards?
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty

Offline Aalesund

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2014, 12:42:15 pm »
I got error "0xc000007b".
The miner doesn't work on my AMD card, only 1GH miner works correctly with all amd cards.

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:22 pm »
Gronk make dirty hack visual studio windows port compile and run. Gronk post compile and source code here.

Gronk not sure miner actually doing any pool work when run. GPU gears spin-spin, but no output to screen maybe? How make write on screen? Is doing any work? Maybe it work? Please test, advise. Gronk tax disabled for test. Mines at Gronk drink beeeeer mine. Want make mine anywhere. Not do that for now.

Thank!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9u4r8sy0zsgf7j/cudaPTSwin.7z
That's a very odd sense of humor you have there..
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline Aber

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »
There is any comparsion off cpm on diff miners? (Dga, 1gh).

Dont have ant nvidia so i canot test it, with 280x i got 1060-1090 cpm.
Next nice thing is power draw :) (two 280x take abt 400w from wall... with 3770k on board)

Offline AizenSou

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 07:34:06 pm »
I would really like to see a working, platform-independent OpenCL miner hosted on github. The 1gh miner is all well and good but if you run anything other than Ubuntu, you can't work with it. I can't get it to compile on Deb 7 for love nor money because the version of glibc I'm running is newer than the one you're supposed to compile it on!

I can run 1gh miner in Gentoo without any problem. But I don't have any AMD card and I like beeer pool more so I stick with dga's Cudaminer.

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 06:50:33 pm »
I would really like to see a working, platform-independent OpenCL miner hosted on github. The 1gh miner is all well and good but if you run anything other than Ubuntu, you can't work with it. I can't get it to compile on Deb 7 for love nor money because the version of glibc I'm running is newer than the one you're supposed to compile it on!

Offline xiaopts

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 04:21:09 pm »
real nice work

Offline AizenSou

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »

+1. In my opinion you need at least a week on a pool to decide whether to stay or not.

Agreed.  I'll let it run for a week or two and see where it's at then.  It seems there is some rapid development going on with GPU mining PTS as well so the mining landscape may change a bit even by then.

I can tell you about my experience. The first pool I tried is beeer pool. I have around 24k cpm so I expected to get 9-10PTS per day. So I mined with beeer pool around 12 hours and they found nothing. I got upset and checked another pool. I don't like ypool or ptspool.com so I try 54.238.185.113 pool since they are in the same level with beeer pool (50% more workers but 30% less shares) and at the time I checked they found round 3 blocks in 6 hours. Ok I sent my 24k cpm machines there and hoped :D.  Fortuna doesn't smile this time with me too and 54.238.185.113 pool won't found any block in 10 hours I mined with them. In that time beeer pool found 2 blocks and I got around 2PTS from my last shares. What did I should do? Well I pissed of with the checking pool routines and decided to stick with beeer pool since I like how the admin answers. Although beeer pool only found 3 or 4 blocks per day for 2 days but I don't care any more. Fortuna plays with me enough so it maybe get better. Since the time I sticked with beeer pool they found block every 2 hour. lol

But you can still have a rough calculation for pool luck if you have time to study their found blocks log. Then decide yourself and stick with it at least a few days before making any decision.

PS: 54.238.185.113 pool found 2 blocks and pays me around 1PTS for 10hours mining. I won't say it is worse, it is just too difficult to measure exactly if luck plays a big role.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 02:30:27 pm »
I saw that 1gh got pool with miner for amd and nvidia :) (pts.1gh.com)

It seems that the 1gh pool get less block by now.

If they can stay ahead of the GPU arms race people will slowly migrate over and then they'll be the block king for a while.  I haven't been following this super close but I suspect either a generic miner (not one hard coded to pts.1gh.com) or a ypoo/beeeeer.orgl gpu miner, will be released eventually and then the tide will swing back.

Currently I'm earning more GPU mining pts.1gh.com even with few blocks found that I was cpu mining pts.beeeeer.org.  By a lot.

Edit: I'm still not sure this is worth it though; at least not yet.  In my VERY brief (10 hours) time GPU mining PTS I can extrapolate an income of approximately 14PTS/m at 1800cpm.  I know it's a very very small sample set and cpm is hard to predict income...however bear with me.  14PTS can currently be bought on the open market for about $14/PTS or $192.  With the same hardware I get about 1.5MHs mining LTC which yields about 11.6 LTC/m.  At $25/LTC that's about $290, or 20PTS...a 42% improvement.  So unless the PTS.1gh.com luck improves in the next couple days (I'll leave it running for a larger sample set) I'd still be better off mining LTC and buying PTS.

You state the fact yourself. It is very difficult to judge with only 10 hours mining with one pool, because it depends greatly on pool luck. You can mine with one pool for the whole day but they found only 2 blocks but another day they found block every hour (with the same difficulty). It is my experience. So test your pool for at least a few days before making any decision.

Offline AizenSou

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 02:12:41 pm »

If they can stay ahead of the GPU arms race people will slowly migrate over and then they'll be the block king for a while.  I haven't been following this super close but I suspect either a generic miner (not one hard coded to pts.1gh.com) or a ypoo/beeeeer.orgl gpu miner, will be released eventually and then the tide will swing back.

Currently I'm earning more GPU mining pts.1gh.com even with few blocks found that I was cpu mining pts.beeeeer.org.  By a lot.

Edit: I'm still not sure this is worth it though; at least not yet.  In my VERY brief (10 hours) time GPU mining PTS I can extrapolate an income of approximately 14PTS/m at 1800cpm.  I know it's a very very small sample set and cpm is hard to predict income...however bear with me.  14PTS can currently be bought on the open market for about $14/PTS or $192.  With the same hardware I get about 1.5MHs mining LTC which yields about 11.6 LTC/m.  At $25/LTC that's about $290, or 20PTS...a 42% improvement.  So unless the PTS.1gh.com luck improves in the next couple days (I'll leave it running for a larger sample set) I'd still be better off mining LTC and buying PTS.

You state the fact yourself. It is very difficult to judge with only 10 hours mining with one pool, because it depends greatly on pool luck. You can mine with one pool for the whole day but they found only 2 blocks but another day they found block every hour (with the same difficulty). It is my experience. So test your pool for at least a few days before making any decision.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 01:09:36 pm »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:53:09 pm by Riverhead »