Author Topic: Working on BitShares..  (Read 6784 times)

Offline fuzzy

irrespective of what BM does, this project is still way undervalued i think..

Bingo. BitShares needs new leadership, but it still has great potential. If these entrepreneurs we keep hearing about can create growth on the blockchain, then maybe that's where the future is. If Bank of America suddenly plugs into BitShares for its back end, then it would break loose for the moon. But why would any large company do this when they could control their own version of it? Smaller entrepreneurs, not large companies, probably will fuel the growth. That makes it organic and it means this will take time. We need to make sure we have a development team that still can maintain this system and make minor tweaks as needed -- witnesses and community members will need to be patient and continue voting for funds for proper maintenance, etc. Aside from that, just stay in it for the long haul. This will be a slow, grinding slog. Hopefully, we will grow steadily, and years from now we will have a large market cap.

^^^^^ this. this. this.

but only if people are willing to be patient (or actually pay the workers who sacrifice for the project).

and organic growth is preferrable indeed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:54:21 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline roadscape

I've already said that you guys are, as usual, overreacting to something that 1. should not have been news to you and 2. is being misrepresented.

+5%

I have  Z E R O  doubt bytemaster fully believes in his original vision for what BitShares should become. The problem may well be in his ability to communicate that vision effectively to the masses, but that's a marketing function, not that of a technical guru.

The problem in a nutshell isn't that BM has lost his passion for BitShares, it's that "BitShares" has lost its dedication to the mission. So as Stan says BM is simply looking for another way to fund his passion, and my hats off to him for the way in which he is doing that.

+5%

----

I've left a personal statement here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21532.msg291084.html#msg291084
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
I am not worried either. We continue building ECHO and the SmartCoins POS based on BitShares. A stable feature set will help us to grew our business and attract new clients.

The code is open source and the blockchain is working fine. We do not need to worry. We would love to see more gateways, though to get in and out of BitShares, but that will come too.

Things are improving and more startups are working with BitShares. It is actually a good time!
+5%

I totally second that.
The code is open source, the blockchain is stable and we have the tools to run this DAC.

The products that we have (smartcoins and the dex primarily) are the only ones in the industry and still have a lot of potential.

Even if BM is a world class engineer and  it will be hard to replace him in case he is not involved 100% in Bitshares, I see this time as a call to us, the community, to take the lead, regroup and keep doing BitShares great.

I lost a lot of hard earned money because of not selling because I was for the long run, even with that I still see a lot of potential in the project and that's why I keep spending my time working on BitShares and promoting it.

Sent from my XT1063 using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The problem in a nutshell isn't that BM has lost his passion for BitShares, it's that "BitShares" has lost its dedication to the mission. So as Stan says BM is simply looking for another way to fund his passion, and my hats off to him for the way in which he is doing that.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Bingo. BitShares needs new leadership, but it still has great potential. If these entrepreneurs we keep hearing about can create growth on the blockchain, then maybe that's where the future is. If Bank of America suddenly plugs into BitShares for its back end, then it would break loose for the moon. But why would any large company do this when they could control their own version of it? Smaller entrepreneurs, not large companies, probably will fuel the growth. That makes it organic and it means this will take time. We need to make sure we have a development team that still can maintain this system and make minor tweaks as needed -- witnesses and community members will need to be patient and continue voting for funds for proper maintenance, etc. Aside from that, just stay in it for the long haul. This will be a slow, grinding slog. Hopefully, we will grow steadily, and years from now we will have a large market cap.

and therefore its has to be as EASY for people to adopt/use as possible. It cant ever be too east/user friendly. People will adopt the easiest platform that works imo.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The only thing that worries me is that I didn't sell any bts when it was pumped in March so I can buy back these cheap shares again now.. so I am a bit sad again.. and I am a bit annoyed that some people here pump the price, sell high and dump hard to the rest of us the bag holders.. but I guess that is normal in crypto..

My blind trust in bitshares is also hurt..I feel I have been fooled many times in the last 3 years by people's decisions, false promises, pumps and then huge endless dumps..I don't see the light in the end of the tunnel anymore so clearly..

you should not have blind trust in anything .....
should learn some lesson from PTS/AGS/DNS/BTS1.0/BTS2.0/Brownie ......

The lesson is: "We never give up."
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The problem is I think that bytemaster doesn't believe much in his original goal (or at least it is not well communicated to the rest of us)

This is unfortunately my perception as well.

I have  Z E R O  doubt bytemaster fully believes in his original vision for what BitShares should become. The problem may well be in his ability to communicate that vision effectively to the masses, but that's a marketing function, not that of a technical guru.

I think BM communicates very well like a marketing guru when "he wants to"! In the past his videos, tutorials and interviews of what bitshares does were very well communicated.  The best video explaining what bitshares is was the very first one of 2 years ago..

And I don't understand how "bitshares has lost its dedication to the mission". Most of the accounts trading in our DEX belong to small shareholders, hence no liquidity.The whales are just trading in polo and btc38..That means to me that bitshares whales have lost or never had any real vision of bitshares in the first place..anyway...

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The problem is I think that bytemaster doesn't believe much in his original goal (or at least it is not well communicated to the rest of us)

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
It is a bit more complicated than that I think because I trust bytemaster and his intentions, I disagree a lot with the way he handles things and communicates his intentions to the community, I should have learned from past experiences with AGS/PTS/DNS/BTS1/BTS2 as you mention but I still believe a lot in the BTS fundamentals and what bts tries to achieve in this world..

The problem is I think that bytemaster doesn't believe much in his original goal (or at least it is not well communicated to the rest of us) but other than that bts2 is a much better functional product than bts1 and its market cap is 10 times lower from what it was for some period. So irrespective of what BM does, this project is still way undervalued i think..

I just hope (and I may die before my hope comes true) we will be able to have some "true" money and decentralized choices of holding our wealth vs. current "fiat" money which is pure air..For this to happen bts needs some serious investors and some serious market cap (above $1 bil)..until then just grap some pop corns and hope competition doesn't catch up..

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
The only thing that worries me is that I didn't sell any bts when it was pumped in March so I can buy back these cheap shares again now.. so I am a bit sad again.. and I am a bit annoyed that some people here pump the price, sell high and dump hard to the rest of us the bag holders.. but I guess that is normal in crypto..

My blind trust in bitshares is also hurt..I feel I have been fooled many times in the last 3 years by people's decisions, false promises, pumps and then huge endless dumps..I don't see the light in the end of the tunnel anymore so clearly..

you should not have blind trust in anything .....
should learn some lesson from PTS/AGS/DNS/BTS1.0/BTS2.0/Brownie ......
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Well if it makes you feel better, I probably lost far more than you did and have far more to lose, same is probably true for most of the devs..

What keeps you going?

Offline svk

Well if it makes you feel better, I probably lost far more than you did and have far more to lose, same is probably true for most of the devs..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks