Author Topic: Committee documentation  (Read 2198 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
So, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this:

* Any user, on committee or not, can propose a committee-required transaction, such as fee update
Correct
* That transaction is added to the blockchain and expires when the transaction creator specifies
Correct
* If a majority of committee members approve it, it takes effect after the review period (which starts immediately?), currently 1 hour
which starts 1 hour before the specified expiration time
* If shareholders don't like it, they must vote out yes-voting committee members within that review period
Or anytime before the review period
* The loss of committee majority stops the proposal immediately (can it regain majority, or is it then expired?)
Whether the proposal take effect, will only be checked at the specified expiration time (except one case that another proposal got approved and executed earlier and removed this proposal -- the way to veto).
* The committee can never drop below 11 members (this could cause a problem for stopping a proposal?)
Correct. The init members will be automatically voted in if no enough real members are being voted for.
Is there anything important that I missed? Thanks!
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Chronos

So, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this:

* Any user, on committee or not, can propose a committee-required transaction, such as fee update
* That transaction is added to the blockchain and expires when the transaction creator specifies
* If a majority of committee members approve it, it takes effect after the review period (which starts immediately?), currently 1 hour
* If shareholders don't like it, they must vote out yes-voting committee members within that review period
* The loss of committee majority stops the proposal immediately (can it regain majority, or is it then expired?)
* The committee can never drop below 11 members (this could cause a problem for stopping a proposal?)

Is there anything important that I missed? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:34:24 pm by Chronos »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good answers, thanks. Is any of this in a documentation page that I missed?
Don't think so. Committee documentation never was the focus of that page :)

Also, I recall a two-week parameter when BTS 2.0 was first being presented. Is that no longer in effect?
That would be the review period. It has been on 1h so that the committee could react more quickly in the beginning and is currently kept there so that the fees can be adjusted easily in the case the market cap grows rapidly ..

Offline Chronos

Good answers, thanks. Is any of this in a documentation page that I missed?

Also, I recall a two-week parameter when BTS 2.0 was first being presented. Is that no longer in effect?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The documentation at http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/committee.html has a few tutorials for specific activities, but it's incomplete. Do we have documentation about questions like the following?

• Can a proposal be vetoed by anther committee member?
  • To go into effect, does a proposal need approval by a majority of the committee?
  • Can the two-week proposal delay be modified by the committee?
  • Where can the list of active proposals be reviewed?

(1) Proposals cannot be voted, they get approval by each committee
members individually (or not)
Proposals can be created by ANYONE!

(2) Yes. 50%+1

(3) The expiration of a proposal can be defined for each proposal. It
can be as low as a couple of minutes up a few weeks.
However, for committee proposals, there is a blockchain parameter that
defines a review period that is at to the end of the expiration. In the
review period, votes cannot be changed anymore which gives shareholders
a way to kick out committee members. Currently the review period is 1h
but can be increased with a committee proposal (and probably should)

(4) The list of active proposals can be found on cryptofresh.com and
also on the overview page of `committee-account` in the web wallet.
Cryptofresh is way nicer to read though.
Currently there are no open proposals.

Offline Chronos

The documentation at http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/committee.html has a few tutorials for specific activities, but it's incomplete. Do we have documentation about questions like the following?

• Can a proposal be vetoed by anther committee member?
  • To go into effect, does a proposal need approval by a majority of the committee?
  • Can the two-week proposal delay be modified by the committee?
  • Where can the list of active proposals be reviewed?