Author Topic: Bytemaster and team are no longer working on Bitshares?  (Read 10600 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Re: Bytemaster and team are no longer working on Bitshares?
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 05:35:20 am »

- the new ship was not for free, the investors gave up their promise to get 10% of everything, because the headbuilder argued he build the second ship on his own

if you think outside the box you will realize that you still can get at least 10% of everything... You have an "inside" information about the opportunity to create some posts on steemit and get rewarded on 4 July... 10% of STEEMS marketcap will "gifted" to all participants in about a Month (in Current valuation it is about $2M and it can certainly increase more) And nobody ask's you to invest any penny... You can just open free of charge a steemit account, make some posts (like you did here for free) and wait for some STEEM dollars... I ensure you it is worth your time.... There are already really strong indications about that...   
I bet many of future steemit user's would love to be on our position and have so early the information's we "luckily" have right NOW... And don't expect the Larimer's to make an official post somewhere to promise you they will upvote many of your  post's because they ow you their existence in crypto world!!! That would be bad PR for steemit ... Don't forget that for the first time Graphene get recognition from many community’s outside BTS...
We must think outside the box... We must see it like a great OPPORTUNITY  ... like a "half" full glass of water !!!  If you are thirsty you should drink it ... and not complaining it is half empty  :)

i will not use this platform, because it is against my ethical believings, but thanks for the advice, i will not give more time to STEEM as needed.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 05:45:42 am »

- the new ship was not for free, the investors gave up their promise to get 10% of everything, because the headbuilder argued he build the second ship on his own

if you think outside the box you will realize that you still can get at least 10% of everything... You have an "inside" information about the opportunity to create some posts on steemit and get rewarded on 4 July... 10% of STEEMS marketcap will "gifted" to all participants in about a Month (in Current valuation it is about $2M and it can certainly increase more) And nobody ask's you to invest any penny... You can just open free of charge a steemit account, make some posts (like you did here for free) and wait for some STEEM dollars... I ensure you it is worth your time.... There are already really strong indications about that...   
I bet many of future steemit user's would love to be on our position and have so early the information's we "luckily" have right NOW... And don't expect the Larimer's to make an official post somewhere to promise you they will upvote many of your  post's because they ow you their existence in crypto world!!! That would be bad PR for steemit ... Don't forget that for the first time Graphene get recognition from many community’s outside BTS...
We must think outside the box... We must see it like a great OPPORTUNITY  ... like a "half" full glass of water !!!  If you are thirsty you should drink it ... and not complaining it is half empty  :)

i will not use this platform, because it is against my ethical believings, but thanks for the advice, i will not give more time to STEEM as needed.
Requires effort.....so not good enough?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 08:35:13 am »

It seems more like the real reason behind everything is basically "Bytemaster can't or won't support his previous projects."  The dude couldn't even finish out the STEALTH proposal for reasons I don't get.

All the reasons Bytemaster gave for the merger were known BEFOREHAND. A lot of this is just rationalizing after decisions had been made.

It wasn't that no one could figure out how to market, it was that Bytemaster picked a guy that did next to nothing to market it effectively.  I just recently heard a story from someone who went to some Bitcoin conference years ago where BitShares had booth babes. Marketing was good at spending money and I'm sure booth babes are enjoyable to hang out with. Lets not just solely blame the fact that BTC went down in price. There was plenty of mismanaging going on. This affiliate system a lot of us were skeptical about ended up being next to worthless ...

oh i missed those booth babes  :P :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 12:59:14 pm »
[member=6]Stan[/member]

sorry, but did you read your own or bytemasters writings?

Quote from: bytemaster on October 19, 2014, 03:03:59 AM
There are many problems we need to resolve as a community:

1) We don't want to compete with ourselves and divide our network effect.
-->this is the reason why we now do it and not before the original holders had shares in DNS, VOTE etc.
-->i always considered the merger a bad move you can look in the old posts of me, because i invested in AGS because i know i
will get a share of many projects. The merger erased this.

2) We don't want to confuse users with a million brands.
-->great same as above

3) We want to have 1 BitUSD for everything rather than many different BitUSDs
-->great 1 pegged USD is in BTS, but a "better version" is in Steem

4) We need to recognize those who have helped fund development after Feb 28th so they don't compete with us.
-->they will not compete anymore

5) I don't want to have divided loyalties... I cannot serve two masters.
-->this is the reason why bytemaster shouldn't forced anyone into this.

6) We need to provide for long term funding and growth.
--> good luck with steem

7) We need to resolve the consensus problem once and for all.
-->it is solved, because most of the VESTED balances are secured from trusted people

Yes, I did enjoy reading that thinking then and how it has evolved today after 18 months of lessons learned.

Steem is the embodiment of those lessons.  BitShares is stabilized because others need to rely on its stability now, so major new innovations need to be pursued elsewhere.

AGSers like myself at least got something.  Without the merger they truly would have had nothing since there were not enough funds to finish more than one MVP.    ... but history isn't over yet.  8)

We now have a sweet approach to side chains that we didn't have at the time of the merger allowing simpler chains to enjoy the benefits of a common ecosystem. 

It is easy to second guess now, but at the time there were only two unpleasant paths into Mordor and one was cut off by the Bitcoin market avalanche...

SARUMAN:   So Gandalf, you try to lead them over Caradhras.  And if that fails, where then will you go ?

The Fellowship struggle around the side of the mountain, through deep snow, strong winds and heavy snowfall 

SARUMAN VOICEOVER:   
If the mountain defeats you will you risk a more dangerous road?

As the Fellowship struggle on, the hobbits being carried by Aragorn and Boromir who are thigh deep in the snow, Legolas lightly walks across the snow past them to the head of the line. He listens as he hears echos on the wind

A mighty crack is heard overhead, and great chunks of rock fall down from the mountain top, narrowly missing them

ARAGORN:   He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf! We must turn back!

GANDALF:   No! (he steps out to the edge of the path) Sleep, Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath!

SARUMAN:   (standing on top of Isengard drowns him out) Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your bloodstained horn fall upon enemy heads!

A great streak of lightning hits the top of the mountain above the Fellowship and an avalanche of snow rains down on top of them, burying them underneath it.  Moments later Legolas emerges from the snow. He looks around to see the others emerge

BOROMIR:   We must get off the mountain! Make for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!

ARAGORN:   The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard!

GIMLI:   If we cannot pass over the mountain, let us go under it! Let us go through the Merger of Moria

Gandalf pauses thinking

SARUMAN VOICEOVER:   Moria... you fear to go into those mines.

SARUMAN:   (in Isengard flicking through a book, stops at a page showing Moria Gate) the dwarves delved too greadily and too deep

SARUMAN VOICEOVER:   (as Gandalf hears him knowingly) You know what they woke in the dark of Khazad...

SARUMAN:   (turning over another page to show  a firey balrog) Shadow, flame

GANDALF:   Let the Ringbearer decide

Frodo looks confused and turns to Sam

BOROMIR:   We cannot stay here! (Merry and Pippin look frozen and scared next to him) This will be the death of the hobbits!

GANDALF:   Frodo ?

FRODO:   (hesitating) We will go through the Merger...

GANDALF:   So be it
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:52:01 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Pheonike

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 02:47:50 pm »
All you naysayers are just pissing in the wind, while the others are building better ships.

It's been the same way for a long time now, a handful of visionary giants being dogged by a gaggle of myopic treasure hunters who should have never left shore, but simply invested in Apple stock and sucked down more diet coke while watching the 10 o'clock news and imagining themselves to be masters of their own destiny.

Ranting here about how you were victimized while backing a project on the bleeding edge of human imagination is just pathetic.

Some people build ships that cross oceans with their bare hands... and some passengers take masochistic delight in lamenting how their ship hasn't yet arrived in the promised land and that the ocean is vast and filled with terrifying mysteries, but the blame is never with them, always with some other hand controlling their fate, the captain, pirates, or the ocean itself.

Once upon a time the whole lot of you would be keel-hauled.  Nowadays you have the luxury of stinking up the decks with your own vomit.  Let's see where that gets you.

i found this story in my fairytale book:

It was promised to build a great ship, but the builders needed more funds to make their dream a reality. So they looked for supporters and donors and took their funds with the promise to build this great ship. Many of these people believed in this vision and invested their own money in this project.

- so the first ship was built it worked and many of the builders started to build their own ships and promised to give the investors portions of everything they will find

- the headbuilder then decided to destroy all other ships and make a bigger, greater ship, because it would serve as a one unity better then more smaller ships
- the investors could just follow, because the believed the whole project would be fall apart without the headbuilder

- so the great ship got bigger and some investors started to build some attachments to it BUT then

- the headbuilder suprised everyone that he and his friends built a better ship in secret and left the first, great ship behind
- the attachment builders where left behind, because nothing the builded worked with the new ship

- many things where promised and everyone where exited again, BUT
- many advantages got chanceled because of time

- after it was clear that nothing will be done in the future without the approval of the community, the headbuilder left the project, because the ship was "ready"
- he builded "again" a better ship, but this time he left most of the investors behind and took some friends with him.

"You are better on your own, everything is ready nothing is left i promised, so i want to do new things"

- the people on the second shipped realized that most of the stuff of the headbuilder left in secret from the cargo. More and more people left the second ship, some swam to the third ship, but most took the rest they had and looked for better builders outside, because they wanted to be a part of something special, but could
not build on their own.
Parts of this story sound familiar, but one glaring fallacy is "most of the stuff of the headbuilder left in secret from the cargo". Steem doesn't compete with BitShares: as has been pointed out already, it only supports trading its own fixed set of assets (Steem and Steem-backed dollars).

There's also the implicit fallacy that no one else but the "headbuilder" could upgrade the ship. BitShares is an open-source project and there are plenty of people capable of updating the BitShares code base. SVK continues to do wonders at advancing the web wallet. One of the original developer's of the blockchain code, Nathan, is working on integration with it now. BlockTrades is also supporting the code base (we developed the peer-to-peer networking code it uses and we just recently fixed an issue in the memo encryption code).

It's true there's not a lot of working going on in the core code right now, but that's mainly because we think adding support for more tradeable assets and improvements to the UI are higher priority tasks at the moment than adding new features to the blockchain code. Nevertheless, there are plans to add some new features to BitShares: we're starting to work now on a mechanism for paying dividends to UIA holders via new operations as an early part of the peerplays effort.

hi dan,

with "cargo" i meant the sold BTS in secret for month.

It is true that many people can take over, but do you really believe that when Vitalik would leave ETH it will not hurth the market and the potential of ETH? People would look into his new "baby" and would ETH leave behind, because they would suspect it will be much better then ETH.

In my eyes the core founder leaving BTS activly behind is just killing for 1 year at least.
It sure hurt bitcoin when Satoshi left.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 04:48:36 pm »

It wasn't that no one could figure out how to market, it was that Bytemaster picked a guy that did next to nothing to market it effectively.  I just recently heard a story from someone who went to some Bitcoin conference years ago where BitShares had booth babes. Marketing was good at spending money and I'm sure booth babes are enjoyable to hang out with. Lets not just solely blame the fact that BTC went down in price. There was plenty of mismanaging going on. This affiliate system a lot of us were skeptical about ended up being next to worthless ...

oh i missed those booth babes  :P :P

We've had  nearly a dozen talents that have taken a shot at marketing in various styles and approaches.
At one conference in 2014, Brian Page did indeed pull out all the stops to market BitShares. 
He even sponsored the main reception.  But that was just a "next to nothing" marketing effort. 
BitShares Babes hosted it for, egad, well over an hour!  See if you can spot them below. 

Next up?  Hollywood producer/director Paul Aaron, shown here visiting Cryptonomex in Virginia last month.

You probably don't know him from behind the camera, but I'm sure you recognize his son...

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:01:13 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2016, 06:05:13 am »
Brian Page   liar

chryspano