Author Topic: [Video] Intro to Bitshares  (Read 5063 times)

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile

I like the video.  I do treasure those 2-3 second pauses, before moving forward.

Maybe if he had a small (quiet) sip of coffee before continuing to the next part, that would be enough for some of us to have that little pause to think and then go, "ok, I am following. hmm. yes, I get it".. and then together we move on to the next part.

Also not everyone has english as their first language, eventhough most people can still follow an english video if it is not rushed.

One of my largest pet peeves (lol), since we're on the subject, is those beyondbitcoin talks where the speaker (like in Peerplays) is constantly studdering with lots of "um, um, um, um" this and "and and and and" that...

As key people who are promoting BTS and related things, quite often it is easy to put the material out there. I find very rarely do speakers or videographers re-watch their video, or listen to their archived mumble session 3 or 4 times and realize..

Wow, if I had just paused inbetween my sentences, even for 2 or 3 seconds before moving on, how that might have helped.  I know the urge is to unload the information in my mind as quick as possible, and get to the point.  The problem is that it comes off as "unloading information", and we don't want to feel like we're delivering an avalanche of information, eventhough that is the end goal.

It can't seem like an avalanche of information.  So breathe, take time to pause, the audience will digest better.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I stop watching when he put distributed proof of stake for DPOS. How can I trust the info when he can't get the core of the product right.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Your comment is a little over the top.  Obviously @Chronos understands the product and has a knack for explaining things concisely, which I think is why his worker was voted in to begin with.  Having said that, the DPoS thing was clearly an oversight and I would love to see an edit of that portion of the video.  Going forward, I think it would be good practice to run future videos by a few folks before releasing.

Offline Chronos

Nice video and a good job.  One comment though.  IMHO it is being delivered at too fast a pace for a beginner to grasp.  Perhaps speaking a bit slower would be better.
That's good feedback. I need to be more aware of my pacing. I'll keep an eye on this in the future.

Excellent work Chronos!
Thank you!

I stop watching when he put distributed proof of stake for DPOS. How can I trust the info when he can't get the core of the product right.
It's pretty embarrassing. At least I know how DPOS actually works.  :)

Offline Pheonike

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline Thom

Nice video and a good job.  One comment though.  IMHO it is being delivered at too fast a pace for a beginner to grasp.  Perhaps speaking a bit slower would be better.

Yep, I too think the pace is a bit too quick. However, this is a matter of personal preference; some will stop watching a video b/c the info comes too slow, others like it slower.

I also agree with Solly, that Chronos has a clear, easy to understand voice and his annunciation is excellent.

So while I personally think the pace is a bit too fast, it might be better to err on that side and let those who prefer slower to just listen a second or third time if they can't assimilate the info in one go.

Excellent work Chronos!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Thanks to the successful funding of the Chronos Crypto Videos worker proposal, we have now released our first video! Feel free to share as you see fit. This could be useful to a few wider subreddits like /r/cryptocurrency, but I'd rather not push my own material.  :)

Open to any feedback, questions, criticisms, suggestions, etc. Enjoy!

Watch now: Intro to Bitshares

great start :) I shared it with my network.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

You have an excellent voice for video and the scripts are well written. Nice to see others stepping up with content. Yeti mic always helps too  ;D Getting one next week. Good luck with the rest of your stuff.
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline Chronos

Really nice job!   :)
Thank you! @Stan we need the 4M BTS of votes that you have delegated to Bytemaster. The worker has fallen off the payroll again.  :)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Really nice job!   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Thanks to the successful funding of the Chronos Crypto Videos worker proposal, we have now released our first video! Feel free to share as you see fit. This could be useful to a few wider subreddits like /r/cryptocurrency, but I'd rather not push my own material.  :)

Open to any feedback, questions, criticisms, suggestions, etc. Enjoy!

Watch now: Intro to Bitshares

You are good at that!

Offline Chronos

DPOS = Delegated Proof of Stake (not Distributed)
Oops! Not sure how that one got past me. You're correct, it's "Delegated" not "Distributed" POS. I'll be sure to use the correct term for the in-depth video on DPoS and the Bitshares witness mechanism.

jakub

@Chronos regarding your video:
DPOS = Delegated Proof of Stake (not Distributed)

(unless this has changed recently)

Offline Chronos

Double-post! Need some help! The worker got voted out, and needs a few more votes to get back in. If you liked this video, and you haven't voted yet, cast your vote to produce more videos!  :)

Offline Chronos

Sure thing. I'll add it to my signature. In the meantime, just send to chronos-youtube

Done.
Thank you! Received instantly, thanks to the power of Blockchain.  ;D

BTW, you can set a BTS address in your forum profile. It makes it appear to the left, below your name. I've done that instead of using a signature, to save room on the forum for everyone else. (I'm peeved by tall signatures.)

Again, open to any feedback, questions, criticisms, suggestions, on the video!