Author Topic: depressing...  (Read 8493 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Fantastic, that clears it all up. Thanks a lot!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Apologies Xeroc.
I have read this, just not sure exactly how it works.

So if I place an order to purchase a UIA, there will be no fee until a transaction is conducted (order is matched)?
Once the order is matched I would pay the % fee charged for the UIA I am purchasing, correct?
That is a slight flat tx fee when you create a new orders. It's for spam
prevention and in the sub-cent region. This fee goes to the network.

Then there is a percentage fee that depends on the settings made by the
issuer. This fee goes to the issuer and has only to be paid for filled
orders.

Where would the funds for that payment come from?
They are deducted from the trade, seemlessly

Would I receive 1% less of the UIA than my order asked for (if the fee is 1%)? Or would I need excess funds which would purchase additional UIA = 1% of my volume?
You receive less

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Apologies Xeroc.
I have read this, just not sure exactly how it works.

So if I place an order to purchase a UIA, there will be no fee until a transaction is conducted (order is matched)?
Once the order is matched I would pay the % fee charged for the UIA I am purchasing, correct?
Would I receive 1% less of the UIA than my order asked for (if the fee is 1%)? Or would I need excess funds which would purchase additional UIA = 1% of my volume?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
I didn't read about this. Wouldn't zero fees cause network attacking costs to reach zero?
As in sending thousands of transactions to the attackers self to bloat the network.
He probably referred to "rate-limited transactions" .. There you can send more often if you have more BTS ..
Ah alright. Thanks.
I've been looking for some documentation on how fees are charged for UIA (the fee set by the issuer).
Is there any info on this.

I read the info here: http://docs.bitshares.org/bitshares/user/assets-faq.html

However I am still a bit unsure on how this is paid.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:12:15 pm by MrJeans »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I wish a block explorer would display the "market cap" of a voting quorum. Isn't it under $1m now? It would cost far more than $1m to build an network that has the adoption is has now and the potential to scale to any realistic TPS. The farther it falls the more likely a profit-seeking entity would take charge and rally voters.

assuming someone won't come in again with big worker proposal with complicated idea and rally more BTS than the profit-seeking entity .............
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I didn't read about this. Wouldn't zero fees cause network attacking costs to reach zero?
As in sending thousands of transactions to the attackers self to bloat the network.
He probably referred to "rate-limited transactions" .. There you can send more often if you have more BTS ..

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Aside from the lack of acceptance and fungibility of smart coins the key problem is that there is no reason to create coins.

Oh, yes, there are multiple reasons to create smart coins. For example, if you have a stake in BTS (suppose you are paid in BTS for work), and you need cash to spend, it may make more sense to borrow bitUSD than to sell BTS for USD. If BTS price goes up, you are fine, keep borrowing bitUSD and spend it. If BTS price goes down, your BTS collateral get sold at 10% lower price than you could sell it, and your debt get settled. Think of this 10% as of cost of your loan.  You risk a lot only if you borrow smart coin for shorting against BTS.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
I think you could see BTS start to do very well again by November once the expensive merger/vesting period comes to an end.

Tweak some SmartCoin parameters, add the liquidity subsidies some in the community have been working on and possibly also a yield promotion. Ideally margin trading too. And you have a very low inflation, powerful DEX with popular and liquid BTS backed SmartCoins which I think will be the driving force behind BTS growth and bootstrapping the DEX for a range of other products and services.

Thank you Bytemaster for finalizing a roadmap...

step 1: implement zero fees
step 2: subsidize liquidity
step 3: implement margin trading and simplify initial visible smartcoin markets to:

bitUSD/BTS
bitGOLD/BTS
bitGOLD/bitUSD

+5% Sounds good

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Sorry to see this OP.  I guess my subtle hints were too subtle...

Ahh, the old "trough of sorrow"...brings back memories.

...painful, painful memories...

Curious to see if a "product/market fit" will truly be found.

...or if BitShares will forever be lost in the "Chasm of Startup Doom"...

:-X... :P
bitshares is more amazing even comparing with ethereum...... A lot of people know this.......I you alredy see a good number of newcomers....take a look at other project n you see bitshares is growing even in this downtrend......this is positive......people talking about it is increasing too...... People are realizing that there is too much fud to shake weak heands.....but of course it didnt work people are not naive anymore everybody want a good deal, n that is fair.....even if bitshares goes to zero more people will come.....soon will start climb n it will be so fast, so strong, I believe we will top alt marketcap when we this train gain some traction n start to show his power....

You sound like Stan from 2 years ago and 50 million dollar market cap higher...
I must be honest with you....I have been watching bitshares for loooooooong time......it was a baby beast two years ago.....bitcoin was surfing media wave, bitshares n dan enjoy it a lit bit too.....but it was the end of party, just too late to see moon wasnt the right time to moon.....now a lot of people know bitcoin is going to fly...a lot of people sitting in bitcoin looking for the best projetc to get onboard, more people will sit on btc next months....
N imagine wich is the most promissing n stable n undervalued projetc in cryptosphere?
YES, IT IS BITMOOOOOOOOOOOONSHAREEEEEEEESSSSSS
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I wish a block explorer would display the "market cap" of a voting quorum. Isn't it under $1m now? It would cost far more than $1m to build an network that has the adoption is has now and the potential to scale to any realistic TPS. The farther it falls the more likely a profit-seeking entity would take charge and rally voters.

Good idea...  hmmmm.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I was also right then.

Face it, I've always been ahead of my time.   :)

Recall from the bitsharestalk archives that about that same time I first published a toast I wrote ~40 years ago for a dinner meeting of the Wright Patterson AFB chapter of the Man Will Never Fly Society...

It been a plot that's run for years
To prove the myth of flight
Thousands of people have been employed
Like those of you tonight.

If man were really meant to fly
They'd hire a competent crew.
The proof that man will never fly
Is in the likes of you!

Cheers!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:09:34 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

bitshares is more amazing even comparing with ethereum...... A lot of people know this.......I you alredy see a good number of newcomers....take a look at other project n you see bitshares is growing even in this downtrend......this is positive......people talking about it is increasing too...... People are realizing that there is too much fud to shake weak heands.....but of course it didnt work people are not naive anymore everybody want a good deal, n that is fair.....even if bitshares goes to zero more people will come.....soon will start climb n it will be so fast, so strong, I believe we will top alt marketcap when we this train gain some traction n start to show his power....

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile

bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!