Author Topic: Security of crypto funds.  (Read 1473 times)

Offline EstefanTT

I think it would be of enormous value to have a security tutorial for BitShares. How to make a cold storage, how to protect funds through a multi-sig. What is the best multi-sig structure etc. Would be cool to see similar hardware as ledger for BitShares too.

I wonder how we get people excited to work on all that for no upfront payments :/
Indeed it would be great ;)
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I think it would be of enormous value to have a security tutorial for BitShares. How to make a cold storage, how to protect funds through a multi-sig. What is the best multi-sig structure etc. Would be cool to see similar hardware as ledger for BitShares too.

I wonder how we get people excited to work on all that for no upfront payments :/
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline EstefanTT

With BitShares, even if we are no anonymous, we can set a multi permission layer on an account and have  the peace of mind that our funds are safely guarded by more than one laptop at home with a password. That's cool ! But who here have just and only BTS in his portfolio ????

Let's not forget criminality exists. Why steal someone who has a vault at home without knowing what is in it when you can steal anyone who has crypto currencies.

Let's imagine the crypto currencies keep on going up. In a year or two, it wouldn't be complicated just by reading this forum to know who is a good target.

I had the oportunity to have a cheap laptop and I want to configure it so I can use it as a multi wallet station.

I'm not rich (yet) but if the cryptocurrencies keeps going up, I will feel unconfortable by the idea of having more than a couple hundreds € at home.

I didn't use linux a lot and I don't feel I understand enough of it to have several wallets there.

So my plan is to install windows 7 (collecting much less info that win 8 or 10)

Disable almost anything on the laptop that can give up information.

Maybe use a VPN when I deal with my wallets.

Only use ethernet cable, no wifi.

Install my few wallets.

That would be some sort of cold storage system.
I could even let the computer in another place that my own house so it would be perfectly safe, the passwords in my head and the laptop in another place.

This post could certainly be very positive for a lot of us that probably don't use enough anonymity and security playing with crypto currencies.

For the ones who would recommend linux, I guess that if you are good with this environment you are techy enough to set it up by yourself. I'm looking for a solution that anyone can set up on an old laptop with windows.

Any suggestion or ideas are very welcome.

How would you set your system so you are peacefully at home knowing that BTS is worth 0.10$ and you made X40 ROI on your ICO of LISK ?

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)