Author Topic: Is there a tutorial for making your own graphene publicly connectable?  (Read 2965 times)

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
Accidentally my witness_node server shut off, when I go to restart the witness_node I get this error:

1277746ms th_a       main.cpp:179                  main                 ] Started witness node on a chain with 0 blocks.
1277746ms th_a       main.cpp:180                  main                 ] Chain ID is d147e8ba2030c54197abca7f84251e78c172d49fcd0068115acbaa2a9301b9eb
1277846ms ntp        ntp.cpp:177                   read_loop            ] ntp_delta_time updated to -5382 us
1278000ms th_a       witness.cpp:206               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because node didn't wake up within 500ms of the slot time.
1279005ms th_a       witness.cpp:206               block_production_loo ] Not producing block because node didn't wake up within 500ms of the slot time.
1280006ms th_a       witness.cpp:181               block_production_loo ] Got exception while generating block:
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
item->num > std::max<int64_t>( 0, int64_t(_head->num) - (_max_size) ): attempting to push a block that is too old

Clearly I think it is triyng to push block 1 to already block 50,000 chain. But when it starts it says starting on a chain with 0 blocks... what to do to run it properly?

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
So, got around to figuring it out.

Modify config.hpp file put your own name for the core coin, and the prefix and then do cmake, make process it generates Genesis with new prefixes.

Then can make keys with cli_wallet, then swap out the defaults with you own keys.

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
It seems to initiate the genesis file, you need to put public keys, yet to use the cli_wallet to generate public keys with the prefix you choose, you have to have a blockchain running

So isn't this a chicken and the egg problem? How to make keys to put into the genesis?

I see what you say, but its a little unclear not documented how that is accomplished
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:42:06 pm by abovebeyond »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not sure what you mean by continuity, but this *is* a step by step guide:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/testnet/public-testnet-howto.html

where are you stuck?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
There is actually no continuity to any of the guides provided, is possible to see some tutorial with continuity to fire up an instance of graphene?

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
Awesome, this all works, and one issue I find is who is the initial registrar?

I see you first make an account, then import a key to the account is that right?
But first the account need to be registered with a registrar, can it be something other than faucet? without setting up faucet?
ty

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The GPH is defined as PREFIX in config.hpp ..
after compilation you can creat them in the cli wallet with suggest_brain_key.. you can also use the bts cli wallet and replace the BTS prefix with ypurs or you use graphenebase.account for that
http://python-graphenelib.readthedocs.io/en/latest/account.html#privatekey-class

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
These keys should be secp256k1 keys?

base58 addresses?

GPH6MRyAjQq8ud7hVNYcfnVPJqcVpscN5So8BhtHuGYqET5GDW5CV

How to generate with the graphene toolkit a new key pairs? I see the have prepended with GPH from the internals of starting asset, can explain?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
should I replace these :

"name": "init5",
      "owner_key": "TEST7ESZdEmWAutKcsoykpiG5uFQ1oTiSrzofNdRCZh1QuDzsngkpT",
      "active_key": "TEST7ESZdEmWAutKcsoykpiG5uFQ1oTiSrzofNdRCZh1QuDzsngkpT",
      "is_lifetime_member": true

with my own keys?

Offline abovebeyond

• View Profile
Hi I am wondering if there is a tutorial or documentation to take your private test net to go public?