Author Topic: [CLOSED] Service: Tradable Angelshares (tAGS)  (Read 11770 times)

Offline pariah99

• I'm so meta even this acronym.
    • View Profile
I wonder why these questions were not raised when AGS was introduced. I did not invent the wheel, I'm using it.

I mean, lets be fair, adding the ability to trade shares adds a huge layer of complexity; hence, it wasn't raised as an issue when AGS was introduced.  PTS has a built in mechanism for dealing with that, but AGS was not designed for it.

I think it's cool that you're offering the flexibility of trading AGS, but I don't think there's any way that you could provide the trade volume that blockchain-based currencies offer.  Therefore, AGS should still be viewed more as an illiquid long-term investment :/

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
If you have been hacked, who will be responsible for the loss?

Earthquakes, fires, epidemics, amnesia…… There are many things to consider.I am sorry.
I am responsible for the loss and will compensate if nessesary. But it wont happen.

I think tAGS is a bit "opposite" to the philosophy of decentralized trading of bitshare (where AGS will go eventually).
It is centralized trading mechanism managed by one person.
Well, I agree, but tAGS is not more centralized than AGS are.

I wonder why these questions were not raised when AGS was introduced. I did not invent the wheel, I'm using it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:20:34 pm by donschoe »

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
I think this is fine and a perfect example of market forces at play.  tAGS is a valuable service that comes at the price of 'trust', you are trusting a 3rd party to manage a long-term investment.  If anything happens to him you will loose your keys.

Good work and I hope it meets a market demand.

I think tAGS is a bit "opposite" to the philosophy of decentralized trading of bitshare (where AGS will go eventually).
It is centralized trading mechanism managed by one person.
There is no difference to the existing centralized cryto stock or coin exchanges. btct and bitfunder (or weexchange) are very good experience to those who still believe in centralized exchange. 

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline her0

• View Profile
Why we can trust you?How?
It's donschoe! Why would you even ask that?
It's donshoe goddamnit.
You can't trust me, you should not trust anyone at all.

All I can is assure you as a Sr. Member and Board Moderator that I'm really doing that for you as a service and wont do evil. In addition, the administrators know my real life identity.

BTW, is the future DACs honoring tAGS created by you? Do you already have some under Planning?
Read the OP carefully. tAGS = AGS, so every future DAC which allocates AGS will also include tAGS. I'm buying and holding AGS for you.

The only advantage PTS has over AGS is liquidity. If it turns out that in future AGS will be liquid too, then I should be selling all my PTS now.

Changing schemes midway is no good. You invest in AGS knowing fully well that you can't sell of the stake.
Well, since I introduced tAGS PTS lost that advantage. :)

I think this is fine and a perfect example of market forces at play.  tAGS is a valuable service that comes at the price of 'trust', you are trusting a 3rd party to manage a long-term investment.  If anything happens to him you will loose your keys.

Exactly. Thanks for your comment.

I'm running this service for the long shot but my target audience are short- and midterm investors who rather play with the shares value than hope for the long term success of I3. This is a win/win situtation as I3 still sells shares and the short-term investors get another toy to play with.

If you have been hacked, who will be responsible for the loss?

Earthquakes, fires, epidemics, amnesia…… There are many things to consider.I am sorry.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
Good service don, however i'm holding to my angelshares atleast for 1 year  :)

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
No offense, but its really not the same thing as converting AGS into a currency like PTS. Good luck on your plan - it will be interesting to follow.

Not sure if I can follow you. Why not?
You can sell your tAGS for PTS right away.

sumantso

I am fine with tAGS. I was responding to the suggestion where it said after all the AGS has been distributed, they be made a currency like PTS by Invictus. I am against that. As long as Invictus doesn't toy with AGS, any third party scheme will not make AGS a true liquid commodity.

No offense, but its really not the same thing as converting AGS into a currency like PTS. Good luck on your plan - it will be interesting to follow.

I doubt it will catch on, but then I also sold BTC at $150 (ouch!)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:31:40 am by sumantso »

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
Why we can trust you?How?
It's donschoe! Why would you even ask that?
It's donshoe goddamnit.
You can't trust me, you should not trust anyone at all.

All I can is assure you as a Sr. Member and Board Moderator that I'm really doing that for you as a service and wont do evil. In addition, the administrators know my real life identity.

BTW, is the future DACs honoring tAGS created by you? Do you already have some under Planning?
Read the OP carefully. tAGS = AGS, so every future DAC which allocates AGS will also include tAGS. I'm buying and holding AGS for you.

The only advantage PTS has over AGS is liquidity. If it turns out that in future AGS will be liquid too, then I should be selling all my PTS now.

Changing schemes midway is no good. You invest in AGS knowing fully well that you can't sell of the stake.

Exactly. Thanks for your comment.

I'm running this service for the long shot but my target audience are short- and midterm investors who rather play with the shares value than hope for the long term success of I3. This is a win/win situtation as I3 still sells shares and the short-term investors get another toy to play with.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
HackFisher:
AGS刚出来时,我想很多人都没有看清楚,但是50%-50%和BTC平分绝对是个错误的决定,现在进行到一半打破约定肯定不对,但是需要总结教训。

虽然我觉得这么说有点马后炮,但我觉得为了社区的利益,正确的做法应该是100%来自PTS,这样有人会投PTS吗,因为AGS的吸引力,肯定会有人投AGS。 另外,因为新的吸引力,会导致PTS的需求增加,导致PTS的价格上涨,BTC的资金也会进入PTS。并且,因为3I收到了AGS投资的PTS,随着价格上涨也完全可以拿到资金。

最终结果,很可能就是PTS价格上涨了一倍,接近1/3的PTS到了3I手中,PTS社区的利益都有保护。

现在的结果,就跟A股开闸IPO一样的效果类似。。资金被吸引进入了BTC投资通道。

Things happen happened, I don't meaning we should try to change the policy now, consensus should not break.  the market will adjust self soon and not a big problem for long term.

But true, that's my opinion. We should focus on the more important things now.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cm8108@163.com

• View Profile
HackFisher:
AGS刚出来时,我想很多人都没有看清楚,但是50%-50%和BTC平分绝对是个错误的决定,现在进行到一半打破约定肯定不对,但是需要总结教训。

虽然我觉得这么说有点马后炮,但我觉得为了社区的利益,正确的做法应该是100%来自PTS,这样有人会投PTS吗,因为AGS的吸引力,肯定会有人投AGS。 另外,因为新的吸引力,会导致PTS的需求增加,导致PTS的价格上涨,BTC的资金也会进入PTS。并且,因为3I收到了AGS投资的PTS,随着价格上涨也完全可以拿到资金。

最终结果,很可能就是PTS价格上涨了一倍,接近1/3的PTS到了3I手中,PTS社区的利益都有保护。

现在的结果,就跟A股开闸IPO一样的效果类似。。资金被吸引进入了BTC投资通道。

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
It is easy for 3I to have liquity with AGS 200 days later.

Just honor new AGS2.0 which honor AGS1.0 100%, to replace AGS1.0. In this case,  AGS2.0 is almost same with PTS, everybody can trade them on market.

But this is up to 3I to honor or not.

I thought you have similar ideas when I saw the title.

I'm not sure do PTS holders have necessary to have 3I clarify this possibility, It is obvious that AGS holders will welcome this, and original PTS holders will anti this.

I know it's not a good time to talk about this when PTS:BTC price are being drived down, but someone else will notice that.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

Just honor new AGS2.0 which honor AGS1.0 100%, to replace AGS1.0. In this case,  AGS2.0 is almost same with PTS, everybody can trade them on market.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:40:24 am by HackFisher »