Author Topic: How could we capture some of steemits' userbase?  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
...and comments section. It is essential to involve more in comments. Like this you are showing  appreciation for peoples comments. That attracts more comments, which attracts more votes...

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Great text!! That is the way I have been talked about.

If anything should be added , please try to craft it more like a story. Pls avoid lecturing, in such a way you sound like you are selling me something.
Talk more about experiences, like I could feel your emotion. 

Great job!!

Note taken for future posts. I'm gonna go enjoy the outdoors today, tomorrow or early next week I plan to write something more. Some interesting ideas in the comments for what to tackle next.

TTM!

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Great text!! That is the way I have been talked about.

If anything should be added , please try to craft it more like a story. Pls avoid lecturing, in such a way you sound like you are selling me something.
Talk more about experiences, like I could feel your emotion. 

Great job!!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Possible way would be to craft some stories on Steemet providing answers to people in comments.
And make some money as a side effect.
Imagine story's like "I am My Own Bank"  "How I Made a Grand on Dex"
"Remittance to Chinese Friend in Yuan, in 3 seconds"

People like stories, involving actual people, exploring actual experiences. Then they imitate to gain equal benefits.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
It's a good opportunity for BTS now that steem attract a lot of eyes. +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline karnal

• View Profile
New Eyeballs:

https://steemit.com/steem/@diego24/you-know-what-would-be-really-cool

I've often commented that capturing the forex + stocks market could be very, very good for Bitshares..

Have you seen the amount of fees/commissions brokers take for every order? Bitshares can do much better.

For FOREX it seems clear enough, interface a nice-looking website that looks more like a trader app than a cryptonerd wallet to the bitshares blockchain, and allow withdrawals/deposits of funds through BTC and EUR (through OpenLedger; lets ignore they do USD as well, no one from the US [in their right mind] will send dollars to Europe, it takes forever and is too expensive) ..

Individual stocks seem more like a job for companies providing UIAs.

Whole-market ETFs (SP500, NASDAQ, etc) though, I think should also be available as smartcoins ..

Offline EstefanTT

As Steem will be full of regular non-crypto persons about to discover it, think about it, research it, ... I think the best way to promote BitShares is by posting and commenting everywhere on Steem where it makes sense a few lines on BitShares. Just like Stan did in the one above or I did in this one :

https://steemit.com/steem/@kevinwong/btc-eth-steem-the-trinity-of-abundance-is-here

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
meh, cloudflare just ate the whole post with the stupid captchas again..

@xeroc, I understand the userbases are almost non-overlapping, but I believe there is something that we could leverage to capture (it's not either/or bitshares/steemit) a good chunk of the userbase from steemit.

And that is, personal finance.. and saving.

There is one initial big wall already on this line of thought, that being SBD paying interest, which BitUSD doesn't ..

But soon enough, with the growth that Steemit has seen, there will be users from other places with strong currencies - and if we could have bitAUD, bitNZD, bitCAD and so on waiting for them, I suspect more than a few would prefer holding their national currencies instead.

We could pen articles over time about diversifying risk and how money sitting in a bank isn't exactly risk safe, and how keeping some of your stash in SteemUSD and bitNZD may be a wise idea ..

Just seems like too good an opportunity to pass up somehow .. so many non-crypto people joining steemit, and all steemit offers is SBD (which is pretty good, mind you) .. I wonder if common, not-too-technical and not-too-financial people would be interested in diversifying into bitGold, bitSilver, bitCHF, and the others I mentioned .. we could advertise bitshares as the "swiss bank account in your pocket" that made the rounds some time ago ..

Maybe. What do you think ?

yep tend to agree ... when people realizing what money comes into due the postings they will search for a store of their just gotten wealth and BitShares would be the perfect fit IMO .. my 2 bts
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:37:52 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Steem and BitShares user-base are completely different. You will have hard times to sell BitShares to many steem users .. Those mostly just want to post content .. and are not traders .. Most of them probably don't even care about the crypto currency space in general (that's one reasons why steem is such a success... it brings new people to the game).
That said, I wouldn't try "bring them over" but instead use our communities strengths to sell BitShares to those that want to listen and are interested. Use Steem what it was made for: Content! The #bitshares tag can certainly need some more love .. and, since many whales on steem came from BitShares, they can help you a) raise awareness of your post and b) let you profit from your post ..

I would even go as far and say that bitUSD can't compete with SteemDollar, but it also doesn't need to because you can't buy any bitAsset or UIA with SteemDollars ..
Totally different platforms, ecosystems, and use-cases!

+1

Steem is bringing us new eyeballs on a silver platter but we still need to make our case.

We haven't even introduced dreamcoins yet.  They pay  +1.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:16:24 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
meh, cloudflare just ate the whole post with the stupid captchas again..

@xeroc, I understand the userbases are almost non-overlapping, but I believe there is something that we could leverage to capture (it's not either/or bitshares/steemit) a good chunk of the userbase from steemit.

And that is, personal finance.. and saving.

There is one initial big wall already on this line of thought, that being SBD paying interest, which BitUSD doesn't ..

But soon enough, with the growth that Steemit has seen, there will be users from other places with strong currencies - and if we could have bitAUD, bitNZD, bitCAD and so on waiting for them, I suspect more than a few would prefer holding their national currencies instead.

We could pen articles over time about diversifying risk and how money sitting in a bank isn't exactly risk safe, and how keeping some of your stash in SteemUSD and bitNZD may be a wise idea ..

Just seems like too good an opportunity to pass up somehow .. so many non-crypto people joining steemit, and all steemit offers is SBD (which is pretty good, mind you) .. I wonder if common, not-too-technical and not-too-financial people would be interested in diversifying into bitGold, bitSilver, bitCHF, and the others I mentioned .. we could advertise bitshares as the "swiss bank account in your pocket" that made the rounds some time ago ..

Maybe. What do you think ?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:24:47 am by karnal »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Steem and BitShares user-base are completely different. You will have hard times to sell BitShares to many steem users .. Those mostly just want to post content .. and are not traders .. Most of them probably don't even care about the crypto currency space in general (that's one reasons why steem is such a success... it brings new people to the game).
That said, I wouldn't try "bring them over" but instead use our communities strengths to sell BitShares to those that want to listen and are interested. Use Steem what it was made for: Content! The #bitshares tag can certainly need some more love .. and, since many whales on steem came from BitShares, they can help you a) raise awareness of your post and b) let you profit from your post ..

I would even go as far and say that bitUSD can't compete with SteemDollar, but it also doesn't need to because you can't buy any bitAsset or UIA with SteemDollars ..
Totally different platforms, ecosystems, and use-cases!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
As Steemit introduces thousands to crypto, it's been on my mind to leverage steemits' growth and somehow translate that to an increase of users for bitshares as well.

So far I'm coming up pretty blank, I mean, SBD even pay interest ..

Some less obvious things are promoting bitshares as a platform where steemit users could get price exposition to gold/silver, and to hedge in other fiats as well (I've always thought that a forex market based on smartcoins here on bitshares would be a great use case).

Help me out here. You're a crypto-clueless user, now banking some SteemUSD .. what do you need Bitshares for?