Author Topic: Steem - What I am Doing About It and How I Need Your Help  (Read 8663 times)

Offline prophetx

• View Profile
good idea.

first post was kind of long.  some of us have short attention spans. :)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
hope you don't mind I share this post here https://steemit.com/steemit/@Akado/when-to-post-on-steemit-maximizing-exposure-and-profit-potential

Looks like the URL is case-sensitive; you need to put "@ akado" instead of @Akado for it to work. Strange. Upvoted!

Edit: looks like our @ system automatically capitalizes it to @Akado. That makes things tough...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:57:33 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
hope you don't mind I share this post here https://steemit.com/steemit/@Akado/when-to-post-on-steemit-maximizing-exposure-and-profit-potential
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
very nice idea, you're not the only one buying some BTS from the revenue ;)

https://steemit.com/@ash follow me!

So during the most lucrative early adoption phase of Steemit.com rewards, you relocated STEEM topics to the forum basement, and now, that many of our Bitshares community members have missed out on this generous gift of BTS, you suddenly allow the BitShares community to know how to grow their BTS holdings by STEEMIMG.

Was this by design?

The timing?

the consensus has changed. it's now about how steem can help bitshares, not about some non related altcoin.

+5%

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
If  you have any feedback on how to make these posts better please do not be shy.

Hey Old Man go one and make this happen, if you want to make quality content, please read this one:
Rudolf Flesch - How to Write Speak and Think more effectively
you can get it from openlibrary.org

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
@oldman: Upvoted

I finished writing a new piece this morning:

https://steemit.com/money/@karnal/take-a-step-back

I felt it was a necessary detour before resuming writing about Bitshares on steemit. If you like it and would like to support my writing about bitshares on steemit, upvote!

I am making this (writing/explaining/brainstorming bitshares) a priority (as an experiment, let's see how well it goes) in my professional life right now.

following you!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
@oldman: Upvoted

I finished writing a new piece this morning:

https://steemit.com/money/@karnal/take-a-step-back

I felt it was a necessary detour before resuming writing about Bitshares on steemit. If you like it and would like to support my writing about bitshares on steemit, upvote!

I am making this (writing/explaining/brainstorming bitshares) a priority (as an experiment, let's see how well it goes) in my professional life right now.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

So during the most lucrative early adoption phase of Steemit.com rewards, you relocated STEEM topics to the forum basement, and now, that many of our Bitshares community members have missed out on this generous gift of BTS, you suddenly allow the BitShares community to know how to grow their BTS holdings by STEEMIMG.

Was this by design?

The timing?

the consensus has changed. it's now about how steem can help bitshares, not about some non related altcoin.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
yes me too..any earnings from steems and steem dollars are going back straight to buy bts.
feel free to upvote my posts on steem https://steemit.com/@mf-tzo

especially maybe the one that I discuss bitshares price discussion..mostly myself..

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@mf-tzo/bitshares-price-discussion

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Heh, What if you decided just to keep that money?
This is moral hazard and dirty trick.

I will keep all the money, or I wouldn't be doing this. ;)

Remember that I'm not taking money or soliciting donations from the community, but rather investing considerable time to produce quality content and asking for votes - which are given voluntarily. I am then offering to put my 'sweat equity' to work for the community to purchase BTS and increase DEX liquidity in the hopes that it helps to boost BTS market cap - which is rational given that I have a substantial investment in BTS.

Offline sklsm3

• View Profile
Heh, What if you decided just to keep that money?
This is moral hazard and dirty trick.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
We are doing very well, the post has climbed to the top of many of the most active boards:

Board Name __ Ranking

Investment __ 1

Bitcoin __ 2

Blockchain __ 2

Cryptocurrency __ 3

Money __ 4

Introduce yourself __ 4

Steemit __ 28

Oddly enough we are not getting votes from some of the biggest steemwhales - nearly all of whom have upvoted other posts over the past 12 hours.

There is no way they haven't seen the post as it's probably in the top 30 right now, not sure what's going on.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Don't ask questions. Just press the damn upvote button. It does not cost you.

+5%

Thank you, sir!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
7) are you going to trade only on DEX?

Yes, that is the plan unless the community feels there is more benefit to trading elsewhere.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I would like to see a more detailed plan.  I like to see a breakdown of

1) The daily budget in USD needed to get the liquidity going
2) Your part of the fee in managing this
3) How are you going to do it? Manual or via some automatic means? 
4) Are you an experience trader? If not, where are you getting the trading experience?
5) Any report given on the effectiveness of the order executions. 
6) What if the venture failed?  Are the monies distributed back to bitshares holders in some way?

Are you going to have a multi-sig account, with perhaps an established bitshares user-owned steem account? 

These are some of my concerns but I like to hear opinions from other bts stakeholders too.

Thank you for your post - great questions! Here's some answers:

10,000 STEEM/104 = 96 STEEM/day. At the time of writing this is about $350 USD per day or ~ $10k per month/$240k total liquidity

It's not much but is realistic based on the amount of time/effort I can make available to earn the initial stake via writing.

If the steemwhales start supporting/upvoting we may be able to do much more - currently we have 134 votes are not yet getting love from the steemwhales.

My fees = bts + steem

Automatic market making bots are preferred. I don't have the skill set to create trading bots but other community members do - we will use the BTS to test and tune them.

4) Are you an experience trader? If not, where are you getting the trading experience?

I have a few decades of trading and investment under my belt, but am always looking to learn new things. Market making via bots in shallow crypto markets is definitely going to be a new thing.

If you tell me what metrics you want to track, we will track them.

6) What if the venture failed?  Are the monies distributed back to bitshares holders in some way?

No, funds generated will not be distributed to bitshares holders as I'm not asking for investment or other monetary contributions from the community, ie. there is no risk associated with participation (voting).

However, I will say that If the venture fails I am out a considerable amount of time and effort, which is not trivial at my stage in life. ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:52:22 pm by OldMan »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
You'll get upvotes there as long as you're providing good contents. I appreciate your efforts. Voted for the first one. However I have no much time to spend on browsing the site, so perhaps will miss some of your new posts. Please let me know when that's the case.

Thank you svk, your comments and vote are greatly appreciated!

I will continue to use this forum and PMs to keep the community notified of when new Steemit posts are ready for voting - the PMs are very time consuming but it's the most direct and easy way to keep folks informed.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Don't ask questions. Just press the damn upvote button. It does not cost you.

Offline paliboy

7) are you going to trade only on DEX?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I would like to see a more detailed plan.  I like to see a breakdown of

Are you going to have a multi-sig account, with perhaps an established bitshares user-owned steem account? 

These are some of my concerns but I like to hear opinions from other bts stakeholders too.

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
You'll get upvotes there as long as you're providing good contents. I appreciate your efforts. Voted for the first one. However I have no much time to spend on browsing the site, so perhaps will miss some of your new posts. Please let me know when that's the case.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline oldman

• View Profile
I've manually PM'd 60 of my closet friends on the forum, apparently you're only allowed to spam 60 accounts per hour so I'm shut down for the time being.

Let's see how this goes! Long road, first step.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
This is cheating!!

Only if there's a rule book. ;)

If we can bump BTS over the $50M cap there will be a flood of new money coming for the next bull run.

Basically just priming the pump through buying and holding.

Offline sklsm3

• View Profile

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Ok folks, the first post is live!

Unfortuneately Bitsharestalk corrupts the url due to the similar user names (changes @ oldman to @ OldMan automatically, can't disable).

Here is the url:

You can copy/paste and add the @:

https://steemit.com/investments/oldman/what-is-steemit

I am trying to optimize layout and content based on blog posts that earn higher rewards - decent grammar, images, tags, length etc. If  you have any feedback on how to make these posts better please do not be shy.

Comments and upvotes are critical to maximizing rewards. Posts also seem to have a very short shelf life so please upvote as soon as you are able.

Suggestions for topics for future posts are very welcome! I'm not a blogger and coming up with things to write about is not my forte.

Current account balance: 5.031 SP

Good luck to us all!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:09:24 am by OldMan »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Awesome! +5% Is there a link to your account on steemit so we can follow or know when you post?

The first post will be up shortly, will post the link and the account name is under the title. Unfortunately Steemit doesn't yet provide the ability to follow people so I will be posting updates in this thread.

I just noticed there is indeed a follow button of the blog page:

https://steemit.com/@-o-l-d-m-a-n

(you will need to remove the dashes)

Thank you for your post!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:42:44 am by OldMan »

Offline bitAndy

• View Profile
Awesome! +5% Is there a link to your account on steemit so we can follow or know when you post?

Offline oldman

• View Profile
You should page the whales you metionned to have their feedbacks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'll PM them through the forum, but I'm not sure how many are still following here. Steemit doesn't seem to have a way to communicate directly, so if I can't get the message out via bitsharestalk I'm not sure how else to get a hold of folks. Any suggestions?

Send them messages through bitshares.

Good point - I've used the forum exclusively to this point, but will broaden my horizons. Thank you!

Offline yvv

• View Profile

I'll PM them through the forum, but I'm not sure how many are still following here. Steemit doesn't seem to have a way to communicate directly, so if I can't get the message out via bitsharestalk I'm not sure how else to get a hold of folks. Any suggestions?

Send them messages through bitshares.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Steem is an amazing platform and I believe it is going to be big. Really big. Multi-platinum, eat-Facebook's-lunch big. The quality of the content has completely surpassed Reddit and the level of community engagement makes Facebook look like MySpace. And that's just a few weeks of beta and 20-30k users. In six months it will be a monster.

People are just delusional that Steem will succeed. It's a clear bubble  8)

It is a well planned and carefully managed bubble that is providing startup capital to tens of thousands of developers who will work their assess off to make Steemit succeed. I have been using Steemit for about a day and am both engaged and fascinated by the platform - and I despise social media in general. As an investor able to experience tech first hand I feel it has some serious legs.

But social media is a drop in the bucket compared to global finance and I am hunting bigger game - billions of value compared to hundreds of trillions in value. And in my mind Bitshares will do for global finance what Steemit is doing for social media. It just needs a jump start.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:06:10 am by OldMan »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
(..)
If we can get to the ~ 70,000 SP level I should be able to buy ~ 2M BTS per day. It's not much but if I am constantly spiking low volume exchanges people will notice. And considering the levels of liquidity on the DEX a million or so BTS per day will add up fast.

If the 70k is hit I will see continue to pump BTS and provide liquidity for the duration of the two year SP redemption period. Consider this a social contract, though I'm really asking for nothing more than votes from the community.

If we work together we can substantially increase BTS market cap (...)

While liquidity is in fact needed the way of achieving this goal, as described, isn't appropriate.

Yes, BitShares is hated for lack of Return On Investment, but it is well respected for transparency and stability. Let's not forfeit that with unnecessary and reckless action.

Things are getting much prettier than before without resorting to "pump&dump" methods.
I even think that no such or similar action is required, because BitShares is gaining traction on its own. Let's have a look.

For example:
- the recent post on steemit with screenshot how to trade is actually enough for people to look into trading with BitShares Decentralized Exchange.
- cryptofresh.com is an awesome block explorer and information page. I discovered it just couple days ago and seeing how smooth things works made me buy some extra shares with the thought in my mind  that we are getting ready for taking off :D
- Moonstone Wallet and PeerTracks are promising and BitShapphire improved a lot on quality of their work
- Xeroc takes care of python libs which allows programmers to play with bots and the whole precious thing we got here
- Success of steem.it is attracting more eyes to ByteMaster's genius work
- OpenLedger and ccdk are doing really great job of kick starting the business

These are things I noticed.
Let other notice and we are good.

ps Sorry for all other BitShares heroes not mentioned. There are more great contributions then that little list.

I completely agree with your sentiments, as I believe most of this community does. But most of this community, including myself, have held those same sentiments for many years now. Progress is being made and we have some of the best devs and technology in the business.

Unfortunately we need to pay our devs and it's going to take a lot more than $15M market cap to make it happen. Dan realized the only way to bootstrap a crypto project effectively was a run up CMC.

Bitshares has the potential to make a huge difference in the world, but only if it gets out into the world.

Steemit has provided us with the opportunity to secure new capital. If we work together we can realistically increase the market cap 2-5x over the next few months. That is 2x-5x more funding for developers, which I believe will get us over the hump and a lot of new functionality up and running.

Bitshares needs a substantial bump in market cap right now. Not next month or next year. I'm not saying that what Steemit/Dan did was the best way to grow a business, but I have learned that results matter. Steemit is getting results and we would be wise to follow their lead.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Steem is an amazing platform and I believe it is going to be big. Really big. Multi-platinum, eat-Facebook's-lunch big. The quality of the content has completely surpassed Reddit and the level of community engagement makes Facebook look like MySpace. And that's just a few weeks of beta and 20-30k users. In six months it will be a monster.

People are just delusional that Steem will succeed. It's a clear bubble  8)

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
(..)
If we can get to the ~ 70,000 SP level I should be able to buy ~ 2M BTS per day. It's not much but if I am constantly spiking low volume exchanges people will notice. And considering the levels of liquidity on the DEX a million or so BTS per day will add up fast.

If the 70k is hit I will see continue to pump BTS and provide liquidity for the duration of the two year SP redemption period. Consider this a social contract, though I'm really asking for nothing more than votes from the community.

If we work together we can substantially increase BTS market cap (...)

While liquidity is in fact needed the way of achieving this goal, as described, isn't appropriate.

Yes, BitShares is hated for lack of Return On Investment, but it is well respected for transparency and stability. Let's not forfeit that with unnecessary and reckless action.

Things are getting much prettier than before without resorting to "pump&dump" methods.
I even think that no such or similar action is required, because BitShares is gaining traction on its own. Let's have a look.

For example:
- the recent post on steemit with screenshot how to trade is actually enough for people to look into trading with BitShares Decentralized Exchange.
- cryptofresh.com is an awesome block explorer and information page. I discovered it just couple days ago and seeing how smooth things works made me buy some extra shares with the thought in my mind  that we are getting ready for taking off :D
- Moonstone Wallet and PeerTracks are promising and BitShapphire improved a lot on quality of their work
- Xeroc takes care of python libs which allows programmers to play with bots and the whole precious thing we got here
- Success of steem.it is attracting more eyes to ByteMaster's genius work
- OpenLedger and ccdk are doing really great job of kick starting the business

These are things I noticed.
Let others notice and we are good.

ps Sorry for all other BitShares heroes not mentioned. There are more great contributions then that little list.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:04:43 am by hammurabi »

Offline oldman

• View Profile
For a brief background please read my post here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22125.msg296501.html#msg296501

Short version is that Steem features a lot of innovations created by this community over the past three years and I strongly believe AGS/PTS investors should be share dropped, but further in-fighting is a waste of time until we hear from Dan.

Bitshares, on the other hand, is the ugly duckling of crypto. Complex, misunderstood, neglected and largely ignored. But with same heart of gold that is making Steemit fly.

To mature and blossom Bitshares needs DEX liquidity, a tighter share supply and visibility. There are enough Bitshare's community members that are now Steemit whales to send Bitshares straight to the moon. I don't know why this isn't happening. There are a dozen or so devs with millions in combined buying power - the DEX could be flooded with liquidity and BTS could be getting pumped up CMC just like STEEM.

I suspect for most noveau-whales the profits from Steem Power compounding far outweigh the profit that could be made trying to pump Bitshares or provide liquidity. This is perfectly rational and I would do the same were I in their position. As I am not, here is my proposal to the community:

1. I have created a Steemit account with user name of 'oldman'

2. 'oldman' will publish two to three blogs per week, or more if I can manage the time

3. I ask that all of the Bitshares cum Steemit whales 'upvote' my posts. Dan, fuzzy, riverhead, xeldal, arhag, onceuponatime, donkypong, xeroc, et. al I'm looking at you and need all of your votes

4. Everyone else in the Bitshares community that is not a Steemit whale, but would like to see their Bitshares investment prosper, please register an account and upvote

5. 100% of the rewards from posting will be converted to Steem Power ("Powered Up")

6. When the Steem Power balance reaches 70,000 SP I will "Power Down" seven (7) blocks of 10,000 Steem Power, one block per day of the week

7. This will result in a daily payout of STEEM, seven days a week, for a two year period

8. Payout will be used to buy BTS in the tightest markets I can find with greatest slippage, ie. every BTS buy will be a small pump that I will attempt to sustain as long as possible

9. 50% of BTS will be held

10. 50% of BTS will be used to provide liquidity on the DEX

From what I can see, if all the Bitshares whales upvote we should be in business with 10-20 posts, so maybe a month of 'blogging' is required to get up and running. I'm not sure one guy can make much of difference, but damned if I'm going to sit around and watch Steemit run into the billions while Bitshares languishes. We have built the best crypto-finance platform on the planet. Steemit is nothing if not confirmation of just how good Bitshares really is. But we need people buying BTS and we need liquidity on the exchange.

If the 70k is hit I will continue to pump BTS and provide liquidity for the duration of the two year SP redemption period. Consider this a social contract, though I'm really asking for nothing more than votes from the community.

If we work together we can substantially increase BTS market cap, and consequently provide the much needed funding for development.

I will also support any other community member that wants to join me in 'blogging' and using the proceeds to benefit Bitshares. At the time of writing 'oldman' has exactly 5.016 SP, so my voting power isn't much, but you're welcome to it.

Links to the blog posts will be posted in this thread for upvoting, as well as updates on SP balance.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:16:12 am by OldMan »