Author Topic: STEALTH clarifications  (Read 2764 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I personally prefer ring signatures over zero-knowledge proofs for the privacy feature ..

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Not if we also have to trust that some super secret passphrase on which the entire security of the system depends on has been actually disposed of.

Can you elaborate more?  ELI5?

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Not if we also have to trust that some super secret passphrase on which the entire security of the system depends on has been actually disposed of.

Offline DestBest

I heard a rumor about Zcash zero-knowledge transaction being implemented as the Stealth feature in Bitshares, could make Bitshares more widely known.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:43:35 am by DestBest »
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Sounds good @Chris4210 .. I've always been convinced that absolute lack of privacy will be a hindering factor in the adoption of the platform - you guys got the same feedback from the many merchants that you approached, correct?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
@karnal  Ken was super busy the last 4 weeks to recruit the dev team for stealth. He got most of his core team together. It is a bigger project than we all thought but it will be a dynamite product and beat all other solutions out there. I visited a few conferences and every time the topic of private vs- public chains pops up again. Most corporates need privacy which is usually not given on a public chain, so I am convinced that Stealth transactions will provide an exciting hybrid for merchants so that they can join a public blockchain while beeing private with their financial transactions.

Btw, we are restructuring the BlockPay core engine and implement IFPS, which will be an essential technology for Stealth too. Good news will be released soon.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline karnal

• View Profile
@Chris4210 @kenCode we're now entering November -- any updates on this matter for the rest of us?

+5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@Chris4210 will be making the announcements on this starting next week.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@kenCode wanted to keep us posted about this one ..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I was just now wondering about what the latest news are concerning STEALTH.

Correct me if I'm wrong, bitshares munchen is/will be taking the work over.

Furthermore, was any consensus reached regarding what the default will be (hide accounts, hide balances, both) ?

And what are the technical terms being used to define what at the moment (confidential, blinded, etc)

Finally, is it still the case that using STEALTH will require massive user diligence when it comes to backups, unless the user decides to allow uploading an encrypted version of the wallet to the server?

Any other important info regarding STEALTH that I forgot to inquire .. feel free to post it here.