Author Topic: Can't Log In - Invalid Password?  (Read 9206 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Same story here. Unlocking/restoring from backup does not work in Firefox under ubuntu, but works without problem in Chrome. I like Firefox, what happened with it?

I looked into this more today and turns out it was a regression in Firefox that was solved by updating the buffer library so I was able to fix it finally. Next release will once again have support for Firefox.
+5%

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline svk

Same story here. Unlocking/restoring from backup does not work in Firefox under ubuntu, but works without problem in Chrome. I like Firefox, what happened with it?

I looked into this more today and turns out it was a regression in Firefox that was solved by updating the buffer library so I was able to fix it finally. Next release will once again have support for Firefox.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Hopefully, firefox 49 will be ok?

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I'm fucked too with this. I'm a firefox guy. Probably most linux are too.
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Just tried on OSX with Firefox v47 and was able to restore a backup from April with no issues. I then upgraded to v48 and using the same backup file I get the "invalid format" error.

From what I can tell from the console errors it seems this Firefox update has broken the crypto libraries, so it will no longer support the wallet period. Those libraries are outside of my control and no longer actively maintained afaik, the last update was in January.

If you insist on using Firefox you will have to revert to v47.

This is sad. This makes unusable public/working devices where you can't install software.

Do you really want to use those kinds of devices for your Bitshares wallet? I certainly wouldn't..

Sure I do. Anyway, unsupported browsers are going to create a bad image for openledger, especially firefox, which is the top open source browser.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Is there any chance to fork those libraries and pull to Mozilla?
I mean, who is more competent and interested to do this?

Offline svk

Just tried on OSX with Firefox v47 and was able to restore a backup from April with no issues. I then upgraded to v48 and using the same backup file I get the "invalid format" error.

From what I can tell from the console errors it seems this Firefox update has broken the crypto libraries, so it will no longer support the wallet period. Those libraries are outside of my control and no longer actively maintained afaik, the last update was in January.

This is sad. This makes unusable public/working devices where you can't install software.

Do you really want to use those kinds of devices for your Bitshares wallet? I certainly wouldn't..

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Maybe worth reporting to mozilla?

Offline svk

Offline svk

I can have a look to see if there's an issue with Firefox, but the GUI is only fully tested in Chrome so that's what I recommend using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline paliboy

There is another report for the same issue with Win 10/Firefox 48 https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22996.msg297659/topicseen.html

Import fails for me also in Firefox 48/Win 10 and Edge/Win 10.