Author Topic: New possible DAC - HashShares[HAS] Scrypt PoW / Bitcoins PoS  (Read 4331 times)

Offline mint chocolate chip

If you release as a DAC and honor PTS then i will be more inclined as a stakeholder to invest more to help make the idea successful.

Best of luck with your endeavor and thank you for seeking our community input.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Great to see you will honour PTS. Watching closely.

Regarding honouring AGS, I guess it depends whether you get some direct help from I3.

Where did you see that they're honoring PTS?

You could try reading the first post first :)
we have considered to maybe honor PTS.

The way that sumantso worded it, I thought that it was definite, not just something they were considering
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn

Regarding honouring AGS, I guess it depends whether you get some direct help from I3.

You could try reading the first post first :)
we have considered to maybe honor PTS.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile

sumantso

why not go bigger?  create a DAC that allows people to connect to merged-mining pools (of which you would only be one) through Keyhotee, and allow miners to "rent" their computing power out for the market to decide what is mined.  Develop the interface and miners earn both a % of mined altcoins, but also HashShares that can float against other shares in the open market and either be redeemed for hashing power or sold on the market.  Then...you are basically incentivizing content providers to come to you.

Maybe not in the scope of OP's proposal, but some kind of mining shares as DACs sounds very interesting.

sumantso

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
Interesting idea. Will follow the development of HashShares.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline fuzzy

why not go bigger?  create a DAC that allows people to connect to merged-mining pools (of which you would only be one) through Keyhotee, and allow miners to "rent" their computing power out for the market to decide what is mined.  Develop the interface and miners earn both a % of mined altcoins, but also HashShares that can float against other shares in the open market and either be redeemed for hashing power or sold on the market.  Then...you are basically incentivizing content providers to come to you.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Interesting idea, but I don't like that the bitcoin part is very centralized. Still, if you honor PTS and/or AngelShares, then you'll get a very active community right from the start.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The Genesis block will contain 500000HAS, 400000 of them will be divided among those that donated BTC to the development of HAS depending on the % donated.

You should honor AGS & PTS holders in your genesis block with each 10% of the HAS distributed.

The Bitcoin-PoS concept sounds promising. Subscribing.

I have not looked into AGS 100% yet honestly been very busy lately with our own project on top of my normal working hours..
But would it be technically possible to also honor AGS in its current state if HAS is released before AGS?

AGS and PTS can be honored at any time by simply allocating 10% of your shares proportionally to the number of AGS and PTS in existence when your genesis block goes live.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline castiron

• View Profile
The Genesis block will contain 500000HAS, 400000 of them will be divided among those that donated BTC to the development of HAS depending on the % donated.

You should honor AGS & PTS holders in your genesis block with each 10% of the HAS distributed.

I have not looked into AGS 100% yet honestly been very busy lately with our own project on top of my normal working hours..
But would it be technically possible to also honor AGS in its current state if HAS is released before AGS?

Offline canuck

• View Profile
watching, interesting,. subscribed on bct

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn

Offline castiron

• View Profile
We just announced HashShares on Bitcointalk so we figured we should make a thread here also to get some input from the PTS community since we have considered to maybe honor PTS.
Here is the link to our pre announcement  thread at Bitcoinstalk:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=414364.msg4496354#msg4496354

If you have any ideas, questions, opinions or impressions please reply in this thread, we promise to keep an eye on it.
You are of course welcome to use the Bitcointalk thread also but this way it is alot more easy for us to get the actual Protoshares communitys opinion,