Author Topic: Wallet doesn't contain all expected unclaimed balances? ( PTS AGS -> BTS ?)  (Read 3767 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Do I import the PTS wallet into BItsahres.93 then export from there ?
This

Does your wallet service do protoshares ?  @xeroc
Yes

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I might be wrong in this but in some old notes I have, it seems that first I used the 0.9.2 version to import the protoshares dat file and then installed the 0.9.3c version to export

This is interesting. I really don't want to try and downgrade software on a dead chain. Ugh I was hoping a better answer. Maybe I'll look around on the wiki some more.. At this point I can pull out the donation addresses and private key. I just don't want write code to spit out the WIF keys .. Unfortunately waiting to do this at once instead of earlier was probably is probably a mistake since all the documentation I need is in digital graveyards and this place has thinned out. lol
I speak for myself and only myself.

chryspano

I might be wrong in this but in some old notes I have, it seems that first I used the 0.9.2 version to import the protoshares dat file and then installed the 0.9.3c version to export

Offline gamey

• View Profile

So I have a "backup" from protoshares program which is a wallet.dat.  When you go to import wallet's into BItshares 0.93 it only looks for .json. Well I give it the name to the .dat file and Bitshares 0.93 crashes. I think if I can figure out this last little bit we can get there.  I've read through a few pages of thread titles and subsequent threads .. it seems I am missing something.

So problem is PTS -> wallet.dat
wallet.dat -> BItshares 0.93.  Does bitshares have a custom command for this ?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

So I determined that the missing assets are probably in keys that never made it to my BTS wallet. I found my PTS wallet and loaded it up and I see my AGS donations. The problem now is where is the PTS wallet -> BTS documentation?  Do I import the PTS wallet into BItsahres.93 then export from there ?

It'd be nice to get this for the PEERPLAYS sharedrop, so I'm trying to keep up on top of this. 

-Update - I did find this https://web.archive.org/web/20150111184944/http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page  I can probably write a script that will take the address from each transaction etc but then I still have to massage it into a WIF and I'm not sure what the Protoshares network constants are. There has to be an easier way. 

Does your wallet service do protoshares ?  @xeroc
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:22:14 pm by gamey »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Not sure what you mean by "searching for missing keys" ... can you elaborate?

Shameless plug about my 3rd party recovery service:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=21730.msg296352;topicseen#new

If you really can't figure it out and are willing to compromise accounts .. you can go that route ..

Well I have my accounts imported into 2.0 but somewhere my AGS donations largely seem to have went away. Many things could have happened so I'm not blaming any one thing. I can look around more for different backups but I'd expect it to be this one.

During BTSX we used to give this solution.

Quote from: From some other post
So, I was able to get all the BitAssets accounted for, by following the advice on other threads here.  iirc, i first issued a:
wallet_regenerate_keys [ACCOUNT-NAME] 10500
then:
wallet_rescan_blockchain <block_number before my missing BitAssets transactions, i used something from late February, eg 1850000>

My takeaway from this thread has been that the above is still feasible in 2.0 ?  (No?)

I have a witness_node running+synched and thought maybe I'd be able to use the cli, but it is giving me some transport error. Maybe I need to turn the RPC on, I haven't messed with it a lot once I saw it was the same thing as a server over the internet.

So next step is to figure out how to import this .bin backup into my local cli.  This .bin is what I got from my 1 sucessful import where it found previous account names with no errors. So now I want to reimport it to my cli and try a command "wallet_rescan_blockchain".  I'm not holding my breath but I still think it is worth the effort.

PS I have no issue sending you the .bin with the imported accounts, but now I am using the account for other things. Unfortunetly I don't think there are any extra steps you could try ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:52:53 pm by gamey »

chryspano

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Not sure what you mean by "searching for missing keys" ... can you elaborate?

Shameless plug about my 3rd party recovery service:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=21730.msg296352;topicseen#new
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19931.new.html#new

If you really can't figure it out and are willing to compromise accounts .. you can go that route ..
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:15:42 pm by xeroc »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
It took me a bit to find the CLI. I had to go back in the github a few pages to find a release that was not labeled GUI. Then after installing it, I had to track down the binary.

I downloaded the blockchain and have a witness_node.exe running. I assume the cli will work now. One thing I haven't been able to find is the commands to look for missing keys. The search feature on this forum is pretty dated.

PS. Xeroc - I'm trying to be more positive in this message. Seriously you do great work. BitShares gained huge when you came onboard in the early days. Maybe there is still hope for me to find my missing BTS.

-- edit Below is where a lot of this info seems to be. Tutorials.
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/tutorials/index.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:08:42 am by gamey »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
First, please understand the difference between vesting balances that you can claim from your account's page, and the balances from genesis/sharedrops that you need to claim from the settings->wallet->lookup balances.

Secondly, you can also use the cli_wallet to claim your BTS
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/investor/claim.html

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So I decided to grab most of the BTS finally. I find what I believe was my last wallet. It imported account names but very few BTS. Something is wrong.

Most of my AGS was donated post BTSX sharedrop. They were all out of my PTS wallet. I do have some PTS wallets sitting around, but this is like a days of headaches just to maybe get what isn't all that much $$. Is there any path forward from here ? Previously there was a command to generate forgotten keys. Does that exist in 2.0 ??

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:51:06 pm by gamey »