Author Topic: The death of Bitshares  (Read 4095 times)

Offline davidpbrown

Having been away a long while, can I ask where is moonstone wallet up to?..
There was talk of of MoonStone tokens to BTS at +15% but where that at now? @bitsapphire

Just to note the obvious first impression
https://bitshares.openledger.info looks good

Development graphing suggests less development
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/graphs/contributors

Forum still active.. so, good impression, though obviously affected by core churning to another project.
Would be great to see an ABC what you've missed in the last six month splashed across https://bitshares.org/ or just sticky on the forum, so it's more obvious.  8)
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS is a very stable system, which doesn't need frequent change or much development. However, many developers are ready to contribute all the time.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
I use my Bitshares wallet pretty much every day and think the platform is great. There are still some features i would like to see implemented but these are mostly cosmetic and non structural.

Your BTS chart reflect a little known social contract that has been embedded into Bitshares for the last 2 years. good news is it is only weeks away for being fully paid off.

I do believe that we need to do better in ensuring our governance mechanism is functioning properly but most of the momentum we had going was hammered down by the anti-dilution crowd. i am seeing a change in ownerships that actually allows us to have workers approved and hoping that given the economic changes that we will see throughout the next month that it will help the A.D crowd to see the brighter side of employing people (via worker proposals) to work on the chain. if you are not familiar with the changes that i am referring to (not sure that you are otherwise i think you would have a more positive tone) the vesting shares of AGS and PTS holders will be fully matured on the 5th of November!! the shares that this group had vested over a 2 year period equated to 20% of the total Bitshares ecosystem and majority were held by PTS mining pools.

This is awesome news as it effectively reduces selling pressure from 8.5% p/a to 1.5% p/a and even if we spent the maximum allowed from the reserve pool on employing people to work on Bitshares it would max out at 4.35% p/a that is still almost 1/2 of the previous pressure we have seen in the last two years and we would have active development on the chain. The simple fact of using this governance model to employee workers is a massive feature in itself; over the last few months i have seen Dash being praised over its unique governance model!!; it is not unique at all its just that we have not been using our correctly and as such are mission out on the glory.

As i said with the massive reduction / mega halving of BTS being released to the chain i hope that we as a community can see the benefit of accepting reasonable worker proposals for the double benefit of getting work done and letting one of our key strengths shine and hopefully while we are doing this we can watch the price of our shares increase and start tracking back towards real world value.

We have a great platform, it is fast, massively scaleable, built from a common platform that allows synergies between other projects, supports stable currencies that work, UIA for supporting business use cases, prediction markets and governance.

Bitshares is not dead, it will grow and if you understand the details you would see the forest for the trees. now is probably one of the best times ever to be able to own Bitshares.

Remember Remember the 5th of November

If you are in the mindset of not approving worker proposals as you want to see the price of your asset grow please consider the harm that action has caused already and given the changing ecosystem consider approving reasonable workers to show off and grow the network and your investment.
+5%

I'm a stockholder proxy, my vote position:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23232.0.html

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
I use my Bitshares wallet pretty much every day and think the platform is great. There are still some features i would like to see implemented but these are mostly cosmetic and non structural.

Your BTS chart reflect a little known social contract that has been embedded into Bitshares for the last 2 years. good news is it is only weeks away for being fully paid off.

I do believe that we need to do better in ensuring our governance mechanism is functioning properly but most of the momentum we had going was hammered down by the anti-dilution crowd. i am seeing a change in ownerships that actually allows us to have workers approved and hoping that given the economic changes that we will see throughout the next month that it will help the A.D crowd to see the brighter side of employing people (via worker proposals) to work on the chain. if you are not familiar with the changes that i am referring to (not sure that you are otherwise i think you would have a more positive tone) the vesting shares of AGS and PTS holders will be fully matured on the 5th of November!! the shares that this group had vested over a 2 year period equated to 20% of the total Bitshares ecosystem and majority were held by PTS mining pools.

This is awesome news as it effectively reduces selling pressure from 8.5% p/a to 1.5% p/a and even if we spent the maximum allowed from the reserve pool on employing people to work on Bitshares it would max out at 4.35% p/a that is still almost 1/2 of the previous pressure we have seen in the last two years and we would have active development on the chain. The simple fact of using this governance model to employee workers is a massive feature in itself; over the last few months i have seen Dash being praised over its unique governance model!!; it is not unique at all its just that we have not been using our correctly and as such are mission out on the glory.

As i said with the massive reduction / mega halving of BTS being released to the chain i hope that we as a community can see the benefit of accepting reasonable worker proposals for the double benefit of getting work done and letting one of our key strengths shine and hopefully while we are doing this we can watch the price of our shares increase and start tracking back towards real world value.

We have a great platform, it is fast, massively scaleable, built from a common platform that allows synergies between other projects, supports stable currencies that work, UIA for supporting business use cases, prediction markets and governance.

Bitshares is not dead, it will grow and if you understand the details you would see the forest for the trees. now is probably one of the best times ever to be able to own Bitshares.

Remember Remember the 5th of November

If you are in the mindset of not approving worker proposals as you want to see the price of your asset grow please consider the harm that action has caused already and given the changing ecosystem consider approving reasonable workers to show off and grow the network and your investment.

chryspano

I use bitshares daily and find it an invaluable tool in my crypto life. Near as I can tell it's not going anywhere.

Daily? - yet it is so invaluable that it is worth posting here for you only 1 time in the past 7 months. WItness = Retired :)
Cryptofresh shows you use OL about once a month at this point.

Cryptofresh also "shows" that you don't even exist!

Begone Evil Spirit!

Offline mint chocolate chip

I use bitshares daily and find it an invaluable tool in my crypto life. Near as I can tell it's not going anywhere.

Daily? - yet it is so invaluable that it is worth posting here for you only 1 time in the past 7 months. WItness = Retired :)
Cryptofresh shows you use OL about once a month at this point.

For those that were Steem insiders, everything is seemingly just peachy around here.

Offline fuzzy

At this point, Bitshares is a dead project. 0 to near 0 developement. I feel sorry for all the people that wasted time and money into this project, an orchestrated scam by your beloved Bytemaster.

https://postimg.org/image/62xed36pj/

https://postimg.org/image/ubituyz4z/

Nothing screams the word : SCAM louder than these two charts. Enjoy. To the bottom my friends :)

LOL....
damnit thank you for making me laugh so hard. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
What do you feel is wrong with Bitshares that needs immediate development?

tarantulaz

At this point, Bitshares is a dead project. 0 to near 0 developement. I feel sorry for all the people that wasted time and money into this project, an orchestrated scam by your beloved Bytemaster.

https://postimg.org/image/62xed36pj/

https://postimg.org/image/ubituyz4z/

Nothing screams the word : SCAM louder than these two charts. Enjoy. To the bottom my friends :)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:43:26 pm by tarantulaz »