Author Topic: .bin file is saving Automatically  (Read 2579 times)

Offline goldeagle

• View Profile
In firefox it's in the settings:

http://i.imgur.com/WlAvCys.png

search for BIN or WORD
Thank you very much xeroc. Would never have found that.  :)
Appreciate your help
Regards

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
In firefox it's in the settings:

http://i.imgur.com/WlAvCys.png

search for BIN or WORD

Offline goldeagle

• View Profile
It is your Operating System that decides to bind .bin files to word. Also your browser could have an "application" linked to open .bin files directly instead of downloading it. You need to check those bindings!
Thanks xeroc, do not know how to do that. Have checked on google but come up with no information?
Thanks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It is your Operating System that decides to bind .bin files to word. Also your browser could have an "application" linked to open .bin files directly instead of downloading it. You need to check those bindings!

Offline goldeagle

• View Profile
Are you saying it's saving AS a word document? If so, open in notepad and maybe attempt to save it as a .bin.

Or maybe your default program for bins in word. It's unclear what you're asking.
Hi tehdos, This is happening to a friend of mine when he tries to save and back up his .bin file in Openledger  "backup keeps going directly into a Word Document.  It doesn't ask if he wants to save or anything thing else....any suggestions on how I can fix this one.."
He is using Windows 10.
Hope this can help
Thanks Regards

Offline tehdos

Are you saying it's saving AS a word document? If so, open in notepad and maybe attempt to save it as a .bin.

Or maybe your default program for bins in word. It's unclear what you're asking.

Offline goldeagle

• View Profile
Hi all, Am new here and to bitshares, just joined. Username goldeagle
Could any one please advise how to stop my .bin file saving to a word document automatically?
Thanks
Regards