Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Project administration & essential maintenance  (Read 29222 times)

Offline oxarbitrage

last time he was simply not interested, was not a matter of offering more $. maybe that changed now, not sure.

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Why don't we just offer his more $$ then? Have him submit proposal for a rate that would bring him over immediately?

Offline oxarbitrage

vikram was with us until the workers were suspended due to high price in bitshares. we asked vikram to submit a new worker in bitusd but he was moving on into working in a new chain project outside bitshares. of course this was a big loss, i am trying with my reduced skills compared to him to do the basic maintenance he was doing since then.

Offline Methodise

It would be a terrible shame to lose Vikram.
BTS: methodise

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Why did this worker never get approved? Was the proposal flawed in some way?

Offline vikram

Thanks for the support guys. Things are a bit hectic for me at the moment, but once I get a few things out of the way, I will likely look into some sort of limited worker using an arrangement similar to what was mentioned earlier.

Offline oxarbitrage

@vikram is great, will be of big value for us if we can have any way to keep him involved. the best of the luck with your project also vikram!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Unless this worker gets voted back in at some point, all of my focus is now dedicated to the upcoming Soledger blockchain project. I will make an initial announcement on the project after development has progressed a bit more. The details may change, but my hope is that the project can directly benefit the members of the BitShares community. If possible, I hope to also give an extra bonus to those who directly supported myself and Soledger either through this worker, or with other contributions to the project in the future.

create a new worker proposal in bitusd like @xeroc.  your current worker is too expensive at this point.

@vikram This is a good idea, any interest in doing so?  With the BTS and crypto market heating up, continued development would be a great asset.  Even if you can only do it part time etc...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@vikram thanks for your work. We do like you to be around, however, the pay of current workers are a bit too high according to current market price/rate of BTS token (around $3k per day). As quoted below, if you still like to be paid to work with this project, please consider creating a new worker proposal like @xeroc's -- multisig and be paid in bitUSD. Related link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23770.0.html

Unless this worker gets voted back in at some point, all of my focus is now dedicated to the upcoming Soledger blockchain project. I will make an initial announcement on the project after development has progressed a bit more. The details may change, but my hope is that the project can directly benefit the members of the BitShares community. If possible, I hope to also give an extra bonus to those who directly supported myself and Soledger either through this worker, or with other contributions to the project in the future.

create a new worker proposal in bitusd like @xeroc.  your current worker is too expensive at this point.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline bang-king

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline vikram

A few updates:
Huge thanks to everyone who supported this worker. One of the unique things about BitShares is how decentralized its development is, and over time I've added active contributors directly to the BitShares GitHub organization. I think this plays an important part in helping ensure that BitShares will continue to improve and grow, without needing to depend on any single person. Special thanks to @abit, @ElMato, @oxarbitrage, @pc, @svk, @xeroc and any other team members for their continuing work.

As always, anyone still feel free to contact me about helping organize things on the GitHub or forum, or other related issues to help the improve the community.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:31:07 am by vikram »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline vikram

I am looking forward to see whether the upcoming Peerplays blockchain might have any general Graphene patches that could be applicable to BitShares.