Author Topic: The embarressing death of Follow My Vote  (Read 7889 times)

Offline DestBest

Let's not forget that FMV seems to be in the process of delivering a useful functionality for BTS (& Graphene): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2gT5ktbcA8
You have to fail in order to succeed
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
  FMV was again a tool used by CNX/I3 to wrangle more cash from BTS investors... It was either dilute and pay FMV or we walk.

And then they walked...so true but it could have been worse...

Instead, we have two products (BitShares and Steem) in rock solid operation for others to build on and several other third-party projects building on the same technology.

In operation but not collaboration unfortunately..Both projects can do much more.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
From the very beginning of the merger, most people were leery of Follow My Vote...  Most didn't see it as being easily monetized or solving a problem that needed to be solved.  If voter fraud or establishment tampering was a huge problem, Trump never would have been elected.  99% of people have no problems with the current system, which makes it much less likely for any voting reform to happen.

FMV touted that they were meeting with California officials and made it sound like they were seriously being considered for an alternative voting platform.  Didn't they alos meet with people called the "Pirate Party".  For all the so called "connections" made (which seems to be the excuse for most blockchain projects blowing through investor cash, ie Muse) there is nothing to show for it.  My guess is the "connections" were mere informal greetings that were built up by the project leaders as a way to keep investor confidence.  FMV was again a tool used by CNX/I3 to wrangle more cash from BTS investors... It was either dilute and pay FMV or we walk.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:19:12 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Better to try and fail than never try at all.

FMV is the right product however it may just not be the right time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
That's one negative way to look at it.

No one ever looks at the alternative (though I have written on it many times):

We would have stopped work on BTSX and spent the rest of our remaining funds on VOTE and DNS and wound up with three things not working and no Graphene.

Instead, we have two products (BitShares and Steem) in rock solid operation for others to build on and several other third-party projects building on the same technology.

The many unfinished third party projects do point out how hard it is to succeed and how fortunate we are to have two that did get finished. 

The alternative you imply we should have chosen would have left us with none.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 05:10:55 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The sad thing was the merger happening to get all of this under the same umbrella - causing the collapse of BitShares - when none of the projects worked. So the community made a huge sacrifice and gave away money for nothing, literally.

the sad truth.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
The sad thing was the merger happening to get all of this under the same umbrella - causing the collapse of BitShares - when none of the projects worked. So the community made a huge sacrifice and gave away money for nothing, literally.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I do not have many words for this, so I just post the last 4 "news" items as screenshots.

tried to raise 3 million usd. failed.

let's just try any amount. woot 21k usd!

Unfortunately, all your money were not enough to do anything

Did you get our last mail? OMG

facepalm. sad such a great idea goes down the drain.