Author Topic: Changes I think Openledger needs  (Read 4282 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
2. UIAs
It is confusing to have both TRADE.X and OPEN.X available as coin deposit options.  Only Openledger UIAs should be available.
What do you guys thing of updating the "Try Online Wallet" link at https://bitshares.org,  from OpenLedger to the  Bitshares branded wallet ( https://bitshares.org/wallet )? If OpenLedger offers only its own exchange UIAs, it wouldn't make sense for it to be the official Bitshares wallet link.

Yes I agree. Bitshares.org/wallet should be the wallet shown on bitshares.org
As openledger masks its open.x assets
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Chronos

2. UIAs
It is confusing to have both TRADE.X and OPEN.X available as coin deposit options.  Only Openledger UIAs should be available.
What do you guys thing of updating the "Try Online Wallet" link at https://bitshares.org,  from OpenLedger to the  Bitshares branded wallet ( https://bitshares.org/wallet )? If OpenLedger offers only its own exchange UIAs, it wouldn't make sense for it to be the official Bitshares wallet link.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
But why would a company like openledger want to support another companies UIA. Like i said in my example Poloniex doesn't let you trade Bitstamp dollars.
Bitstamp isn't deposits operator for Poloniex. What changes i think Openledger needs? Ability to handle bigger load. It looks always the same: BTS up -> DEX volume up -> Openledger Down -> general conclusion that Bitshares sucks.

How much tps we can handle with current configuration? Anyone?

Offline R4FKEN

• View Profile
OP is 100% right, these changes are necessary. Nobody wants to deal with five different flavors of USD...

Offline yvv

• View Profile

The bitshares blockchain will never limit the trading of any tokens against any other tokens. bitshares.org/wallet is the bitshares wallet

But why would a company like openledger want to support another companies UIA. Like i said in my example Poloniex doesn't let you trade Bitstamp dollars.

Nobody prohibits them to do this if they consider that it is in their interests. If poloniex does not do this, it does not mean that nobody should.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
Weren't you doing "theDEX"? Why don't you just make yours better? Learn from their mistakes?

Why would he?  He isn't running an exchange.  Maybe he owns Obits and has suggestions that will increase the value of his tokens.

And IIRC,  he just reserved the domain "theDEX" to help rebrand bitshares.  theDEX wasn't going to be a stand alone exchange built on top of bitshares like openledger.  It was going to be bitshares itself.

Yeah I was considering starting my own exchange about a year ago and do own the domain name thedex.org
Maybe I will one day, maybe I won't.
But as I'm not planning to imminently I'm happy to share my ideas of how to make openledger a exchange better.
I'm a BTS believer and investor so it's in my interests to see a successful OL.

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Ok.  I understood it was to be another exchange.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Weren't you doing "theDEX"? Why don't you just make yours better? Learn from their mistakes?

Why would he?  He isn't running an exchange.  Maybe he owns Obits and has suggestions that will increase the value of his tokens.

And IIRC,  he just reserved the domain "theDEX" to help rebrand bitshares.  theDEX wasn't going to be a stand alone exchange built on top of bitshares like openledger.  It was going to be bitshares itself.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile

Offline R

• View Profile
ad. 2
I strongly disagree!
First of all, this is Bitshares Wallet and openledger is one of the companies out there that emits its IOU,
there is no reason to be in any way favor

The bitshares blockchain will never limit the trading of any tokens against any other tokens. bitshares.org/wallet is the bitshares wallet

Perhaps a show/hide toggle for alternative EBA which have a similar purpose would be more appropriate than only showing OL's EBA?

If there was automatic bridging between identical EBA's then this would be less of an issue, you could just show 'eba.usd' rather than open.usd tether.usd etc.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
ad. 2
I strongly disagree!
First of all, this is Bitshares Wallet and openledger is one of the companies out there that emits its IOU,

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
ad. 2
I strongly disagree!

Offline DestBest

6. Market Page
I have an open order on the BTS_bit.USD pair BUT
I can only see it under My_Account>Open_Orders (where all my open orders are),
I can NOT see it under Market>BTS_bit.USD>My_Open_Orders (where my BTS_bit.USD open orders should be)
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
1. Brand Clarity
Openledger.info is not the best domain name. It should be openledger.com also it should link directly to the dex not to a site explaining all the other ico projects ccedk is involved in.
Theres currently 4 domains involved and its messy. ccedk.com, openledger.info, obits.io, bitshares.openledger.info
Info about Openledger/obits should be contained within the dex under a separate header menu tab called home.

2. UIAs
Poloniex doesn't offer BITSTAMP.X as a gateway and why would it??
The deposit/withdraw page should be more like poloniex with just a list of cryptocoins supported by OL and deposit and withdraw options next to each. (no drop down menus)
Also Obits shouldn't be listed as one of the trade tabs on the exchange page. BTC, USD and BTS are plenty.

3. Login to Openledger
The current method gaining access to and operating a bitshares account maybe technically great but it is just not user friendly.
Nearly every service on the web lets you sign in with a username an password. This is the system people know and understand instinctively and you can't change it if you want people to use your service.  This idea has been around for over a year now but theres been no progress on it, I don't know if it is a front end or backend job but it is essential to attracting and retaining users.

4. Market Making
Openledgers UIA offerings are great but theres no liquidity on them. You need market making/ arbitrage bots that can copy the order books from other exchanges and provide liquidity. @alt has a MM bot that could help with this. 

5. Account Page
Simplify the account page, I suggest.
- Display all open orders on the account page.
- Remove the vertical menu. Or toggle it as closed by default.
twitter.com/bitshares