Author Topic: Unable to issue newly created asset  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Vibez

Thanks for your help both. much appreciated  +5% +5%

Offline Chronos

Hi @Vibez,

Unfortunately, a SmartCoin is probably not what you wanted to create, as you don't directly control its supply. A SmartCoin is designed to be pegged to an outside valuation through price feeds, and its supply is governed by margin short positions.

I just published a walkthrough video on user-issued assets that you might find useful. The steps to issue your new tokens are covered at 7:38 in the video, but as I mentioned, this is unfortunately not available for Smart Coin UIAs.

At this point, your best course of action may be to create another asset as a non-SmartCoin. You can follow the steps in the video to do this.

I'm available if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Smartcoin is just a way to hold and trade real world assets on the blockchain. In order to issue, you, or me, or someone else must click 'borrow' button and put collateral to cover its value. Next, sold it on the market, buy back when price is lower, pay your debt, get back collateral. Difference is yours - easy money. This is how it's work. But when price goes other direction and meet your margin call, you are foced to buy back, and pay your debt. Dangerous game.

Offline Vibez

This is probably a real noob question but i'm finding it hard to find any clear direct information concerning UIA's and smartcoins.

I've read that a smartcoin is backed by another currency, in my case BTS.

What do i do to  get the currency trading? so far there is no supply. what steps do i take to get supply on the market for trade?

Thanks

Offline Vibez

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Yes. Use testnet for learning: testnet.bitshares.eu

Offline Vibez

Hi, thanks but im ni that sectio and the only option i have is to 'update asset' there is no issue asset option there at all.
did you maybe create a SMARTCOIN instead of a UIA?

Thinking about it i may have clicked the smarcoin option. is this the reason why?

UPDATE : yes i have options in the update asset section for smartcoin options
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:57:13 am by Vibez »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi, thanks but im ni that sectio and the only option i have is to 'update asset' there is no issue asset option there at all.
did you maybe create a SMARTCOIN instead of a UIA?

Offline Vibez

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline Vibez

Hi, I have created a new asset today. everything went through quickly. It is showing in the exchange but there is no 'issue asset' option available  ???

Wondering what i'm missing?

Please help!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:25:01 pm by Vibez »