Author Topic: Coyote Miner | PPS Mining Pool  (Read 408171 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Re: ALPHA MINER - 1.5 GB unlimited threads... better HPM Win64 Miner!
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:38 am »
3 hpm more than I get with other miners on win7

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:24 am »
Also it will be good if miner will have only minimalistic deps (libcurl and may be some others, but not boost or qt its overkill to use boost just for communication like xolokram did)

I built the miner using my fc, threading, multitasking, and reflection library so I could put the whole thing together quickly.  I also use a binary protocol for performance and the server relies on coroutines to be entirely async.  This pool was designed for speed and minimum latency.

This is also helping to test the infrastructure of BitShares itself by using many components from that.  The windows exe should use static linking rather than DLLs, but this was not packaged for release.

I am sure others will design things around curl and json... that is what the market is for :)

Also seems like you use openssl or libgcrypt. I dont care about win binary, I'm interested in linux and sources for this client

Yes I am.. I am testing the peer to peer communication channels I use for BitShares so everything is encrypted by default.   I need to have lots of use of the foundational components so that I can be sure they will hold up when the time comes.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2013, 08:41:00 am »
Also it will be good if miner will have only minimalistic deps (libcurl and may be some others, but not boost or qt its overkill to use boost just for communication like xolokram did)

I built the miner using my fc, threading, multitasking, and reflection library so I could put the whole thing together quickly.  I also use a binary protocol for performance and the server relies on coroutines to be entirely async.  This pool was designed for speed and minimum latency.

This is also helping to test the infrastructure of BitShares itself by using many components from that.  The windows exe should use static linking rather than DLLs, but this was not packaged for release.

I am sure others will design things around curl and json... that is what the market is for :)

Also seems like you use openssl or libgcrypt. I dont care about win binary, I'm interested in linux and sources for this client
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2013, 08:36:51 am »

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2013, 08:32:50 am »

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:41 am »
Any sources of miner available yet?

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:45 am »
I believe all known issues have been resolved and we are currently mining at 35 shares / minute or about 3000 hash per minute in the pool.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2013, 08:04:27 am »
Some updates on how to interpret the console output.

Sending of work and printing of status are two independent operations.  Periodically the server updates the client to inform it of its account balance when it updates the work.  This will reflect the sum total of all of your miners that share the same address and can be confusing if you are expecting something different.

The hash rate how ever is local to your one node.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2013, 08:01:18 am »
Pool is up again for another test run... it should now be reporting that you have been paid some as well.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2013, 07:59:03 am »
The following accounts were not paid because they were below the minimum threshold or because the wallet is waiting for blocks to mature.

sending 310212318 to PYCbcdeCMJyGynM7zfBMSJv4eUUHHr8EVV
sending 59656215 to PYKeUGZHJvaZXNt4tr9t71pfBCK4dxiRVk
sending 39770810 to PYTKZhevrkVjRDG41R9Uj4VWk9j6JfYFW6

Offline testz

« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2013, 07:54:34 am »
I get a payment  :) Thanks. Just tell when we can start mining again.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2013, 07:51:43 am »
I trust everyone received their payout?

Offline rando

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2013, 07:50:02 am »
Back to broken pipe on latest Mac. You need to set up an auto-restart server script or something? I wasted a lot of hashing... :(
He has it off for "an hour or two" to make updates. Then will come up again.

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2013, 07:44:53 am »
Back to broken pipe on latest Mac. You need to set up an auto-restart server script or something? I wasted a lot of hashing... :(

Offline rando

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:43 am »
When I have multiple computers using same payout address, the share number does not scale. Or maybe just my feeling....

I'm seeing the same thing.

Please also check this.

Yes, as I see all computers count as one and probably do the same job, waiting for a fix.

Ok, so the display output parameters you see are for your address and not that instance.  If you have two instances that are both using the same key, then they will both report the same totals and NOT the local totals for that client. 

That is the behavior I have now... if you want a client that tracks its own stats you will need to give it a separate public key.   I will look into per-connection stats.

That makes sense. But it might be worth double checking the other aspect of what he was talking about too; For instance, it almost seemed as if 3 instances using 1 address looked like it may have created PTS or shares about as quickly as 1 instance with 1 address. Which is why he thinks it might be doing the same work if it's using the same address. Of course, none of us were looking that closely, so maybe or maybe not.

Something to double check though. I'm really liking what you have here!