Author Topic: Coyote Miner | PPS Mining Pool  (Read 403535 times)

Offline testz

Re: ALPHA MINER - 1.5 GB unlimited threads... better HPM Win64 Miner!
« Reply #461 on: November 10, 2013, 07:05:47 am »
Question..

Should I hold on to my PTS or sell asap?

I am going for as much as I can get.  I am actively doing things to add value to the currency, it can only go up from here.    Your actual milage may vary.   Think of this like stock in the ideas of Invictus Innovations and the potential future value of those ideas.

Can you post updated block stat for last 2 hours, very interesting  :)

I don't have hourly stats, just summary... but since I started the pool I have paid out 7500 PTS
I have 2700 machines mining on my pool
I have 700 pool shares per minute which I estimate equates to 60K HPM

Thanks, not bad at all  :) Keep growing!

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
« Reply #460 on: November 10, 2013, 07:03:03 am »
this is strange.   

did something just happen with payouts?   I see the same thing across 4 or 5 miners

valid: 14  invalid: 9  balance: 0.513083  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.79403
  valid: 14  invalid: 9  balance: 0.513083  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.78643
  valid: 14  invalid: 9  balance: 0.513083  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.7559
  valid: 15  invalid: 9  balance: 0.549732  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.74835
  valid: 15  invalid: 9  balance: 0.549732  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.734
  valid: 15  invalid: 9  balance: 0.549732  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.74352
  valid: 0  invalid: 0  balance: 0  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.77195
  valid: 0  invalid: 0  balance: 0  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.75228
  valid: 0  invalid: 0  balance: 0  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.77079
  valid: 0  invalid: 0  balance: 0  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.77607
  valid: 0  invalid: 1  balance: 0  paid: 0  pps: 0.0366488  address: Pr1xJitx6P97sy8Cj2quFNiBVQqhBdW73o  hpm: 7.76813

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #459 on: November 10, 2013, 06:52:28 am »
Question..

I am going for as much as I can get.  I am actively doing things to add value to the currency, it can only go up from here.    Your actual milage may vary.   Think of this like stock in the ideas of Invictus Innovations and the potential future value of those ideas.

I don't have hourly stats, just summary... but since I started the pool I have paid out 7500 PTS
I have 2700 machines mining on my pool
I have 700 pool shares per minute which I estimate equates to 60K HPM
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline testz

« Reply #458 on: November 10, 2013, 06:46:01 am »
Question..

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
« Reply #457 on: November 10, 2013, 06:02:34 am »
It's an older server.   Dell Poweredge R900 Xeon 2.4ghz if I remember correctly.   

It's probably more useful as a heater than for mining... :-)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #456 on: November 10, 2013, 05:16:50 am »

pool-miner is running good now... getting 31.3 hpm on this MacBook Pro Retina!   that is nearly twice as fast as my 16 core xeon Dell Poweredge server...  amazing.

I feel something wrong with your server. My 8 core xeon server gives me 30hpm.

Server does not calculate hash rate, that is all calculated locally from actual hashes found.

Your server is good, I mean craggietx's 16 core server is slow.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline rando

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 10, 2013, 05:13:36 am »
Bytemaster, Thanks for helping out with the mac client.   I didn't notice that README file in the tar file. dooh!

pool-miner is running good now... getting 31.3 hpm on this MacBook Pro Retina!   that is nearly twice as fast as my 16 core xeon Dell Poweredge server...  amazing.

Just to be clear for other mac users:

To run the alpha-miner client
----------------------------------------
once you've downloaded the file from the 1st page of this archive, double click on it to extract the files from the archive
then open up a terminal window
cd to the directory with your pool-miner file in it.
type the following:   sudo cp -R opt/local /opt/
you will have to enter an admin password before the files will copy.
then run the program....   type:  ./pool-miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here>

I hope this helps someone else out.

Here's a 2nd method too for Mac users. Someone already hosed their computer earlier when they screwed up the cp command.

Open terminal, type "open /", press enter. (Finder will open)
Drag Alphaminer's 'opt' directory and pool_miner into this location. Enter your admin password when prompted.
In terminal, start the miner using: cd / && ./pool_miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here without brackets>

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #454 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:17 am »

Server does not calculate hash rate, that is all calculated locally from actual hashes found.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #453 on: November 10, 2013, 05:08:56 am »

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
« Reply #452 on: November 10, 2013, 05:05:08 am »
Bytemaster, Thanks for helping out with the mac client.   I didn't notice that README file in the tar file. dooh!

Just to be clear for other mac users:

To run the alpha-miner client
----------------------------------------
once you've downloaded the file from the 1st page of this archive, double click on it to extract the files from the archive
then open up a terminal window
cd to the directory with your pool-miner file in it.
type the following:   sudo cp -R opt/local /opt/
you will have to enter an admin password before the files will copy.
then run the program....   type:  ./pool-miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here>

I hope this helps someone else out.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #451 on: November 10, 2013, 04:31:48 am »
He's working on editing the miner so that you can set the # of processes used. Instead of being optimized for 8. I'm anxiously awaiting it too so I can use a machine with more than 8. @bytemaster, Do you think it will be available tonight?

What time zone are you in?
US central

Ok.. working on Mac version first, then Linux... windows may be in the morning.

Offline rando

• View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 10, 2013, 04:30:49 am »
He's working on editing the miner so that you can set the # of processes used. Instead of being optimized for 8. I'm anxiously awaiting it too so I can use a machine with more than 8. @bytemaster, Do you think it will be available tonight?

US central

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2013, 04:27:09 am »
Another quick question.  besides hopefully a way to limit CPU usage somehow.  I also use my GPU to mine scrypt coins (cgminer)  and I've noticed when running your miner the has rate for that program gets halved.

is your program somehow using GPU at all?  or is the CPU being bogged down so much causing the slow down on the cgminer?

If using windows, right click pool_miner in the task manager > select affinity > leave a core open and see if your hash for cgminer goes up.

Yeah I started fooling around with that right before I saw you post.  Looks like keeping a core open and setting priority to 1 notch lower does the trick w/o too much of a hit to your PTS miner as well.  good good
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2013, 04:23:23 am »
Another quick question.  besides hopefully a way to limit CPU usage somehow.  I also use my GPU to mine scrypt coins (cgminer)  and I've noticed when running your miner the has rate for that program gets halved.

is your program somehow using GPU at all?  or is the CPU being bogged down so much causing the slow down on the cgminer?

If using windows, right click pool_miner in the task manager > select affinity > leave a core open and see if your hash for cgminer goes up.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2013, 04:22:56 am »