Author Topic: Coyote Miner | PPS Mining Pool  (Read 403570 times)

Offline Vanderi

• View Profile
Re: ALPHA MINER - 1.5 GB unlimited threads... better HPM Win64 Miner!
« Reply #491 on: November 10, 2013, 12:19:08 pm »
Bytemaster, Thanks for helping out with the mac client.   I didn't notice that README file in the tar file. dooh!

pool-miner is running good now... getting 31.3 hpm on this MacBook Pro Retina!   that is nearly twice as fast as my 16 core xeon Dell Poweredge server...  amazing.

Just to be clear for other mac users:

To run the alpha-miner client
----------------------------------------
once you've downloaded the file from the 1st page of this archive, double click on it to extract the files from the archive
then open up a terminal window
cd to the directory with your pool-miner file in it.
type the following:   sudo cp -R opt/local /opt/
you will have to enter an admin password before the files will copy.
then run the program....   type:  ./pool-miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here>

I hope this helps someone else out.

Here's a 2nd method too for Mac users. Someone already hosed their computer earlier when they screwed up the cp command.

Open terminal, type "open /", press enter. (Finder will open)
Drag Alphaminer's 'opt' directory and pool_miner into this location. Enter your admin password when prompted.
In terminal, start the miner using: cd / && ./pool_miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here without brackets>

I cannot copy to root, I get an error message saying "you cannot replace opt because it's invisible"

Well I have set osx to show all invisibles, no opt in root but cannot copy to there. I'm stuck. Halp?

I managed to succeed using the first way. MacBook Pro early 2011 i7920 with 8Gb and 2 HDDn.

Laptop running at 87-94 degrees with manual fan control at full. Jeebus. Where to set thread count?

Thanks

*edit Finder still does not show the "opt" folder in root, and I have set Mavericks to show hidden files and folders - triple checked the commando with different casing from Mountain Lion.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:21:27 pm by Vanderi »

Offline albon

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 10, 2013, 12:14:44 pm »
I havent been paid even though it says I have on the program

PfeS6x1zvjn12rAXmA3GmCtsAGd77n7NE1 Say I have been paid 6.79819

All I have been paid is 0.46132 PTS
PTS PZcyCXhyE2h8SK11Ed8Wg1WeuzwtVVeYCT

BTC 1BHPjHubNKQit9s8twvVmZVPdaF8RumFzB

Offline Vanderi

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:19 am »
Bytemaster, Thanks for helping out with the mac client.   I didn't notice that README file in the tar file. dooh!

pool-miner is running good now... getting 31.3 hpm on this MacBook Pro Retina!   that is nearly twice as fast as my 16 core xeon Dell Poweredge server...  amazing.

Just to be clear for other mac users:

To run the alpha-miner client
----------------------------------------
once you've downloaded the file from the 1st page of this archive, double click on it to extract the files from the archive
then open up a terminal window
cd to the directory with your pool-miner file in it.
type the following:   sudo cp -R opt/local /opt/
you will have to enter an admin password before the files will copy.
then run the program....   type:  ./pool-miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here>

I hope this helps someone else out.

Here's a 2nd method too for Mac users. Someone already hosed their computer earlier when they screwed up the cp command.

Open terminal, type "open /", press enter. (Finder will open)
Drag Alphaminer's 'opt' directory and pool_miner into this location. Enter your admin password when prompted.
In terminal, start the miner using: cd / && ./pool_miner the-iland.net <your PTS address here without brackets>

I cannot copy to root, I get an error message saying "you cannot replace opt because it's invisible"

Well I have set osx to show all invisibles, no opt in root but cannot copy to there. I'm stuck. Halp?

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 10, 2013, 11:57:58 am »
There is error in git

/usr/bin/rcc -name bitcoin src/qt/bitcoin.qrc -o qrc_bitcoin.cpp
RCC: Error in 'src/qt/bitcoin.qrc': Cannot find file 'res/icons/mining_active.png'
make: *** [qrc_bitcoin.cpp] Error 1

Seems you forget to commit some res
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2013, 11:50:17 am »
************** ATTENTION *******************

We are preparing a hard fork that would allow the difficulty to increase by 32x every 4032 blocks.  This is the fork that will be honored by Invictus Innovations as the foundation of future block chains.

We will post new Windows and Mac binaries within the next several hours, hopefully before the next difficulty adjustment.

Those in my pool will automatically be updated to join the new fork. 

I believe that there is enough hash power and market forces to support such a fork. 

If there are any solid objections, speak now.
perhaps you should address those of us who are still having problems with your supplied miner before jumping into a new fork, seems rather discriminatory that others are mining just fine, but the rest of us with issues are just left out to dry. win64 users have been mentioning the 0x0000 problem and the msvcp issue all to no avail.

This is a parallel effort with FreeTrade who is providing the fork.   I believe we will have a fix for my miners soon as well.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bidji29

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
Thx a lot, it work!

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #485 on: November 10, 2013, 11:40:40 am »

We are preparing a hard fork that would allow the difficulty to increase by 32x every 4032 blocks.  This is the fork that will be honored by Invictus Innovations as the foundation of future block chains.

We will post new Windows and Mac binaries within the next several hours, hopefully before the next difficulty adjustment.

I believe that there is enough hash power and market forces to support such a fork. 

perhaps you should address those of us who are still having problems with your supplied miner before jumping into a new fork, seems rather discriminatory that others are mining just fine, but the rest of us with issues are just left out to dry. win64 users have been mentioning the 0x0000 problem and the msvcp issue all to no avail.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #484 on: November 10, 2013, 11:35:00 am »
I'm on ubuntu 13.10 x64

i download it with

wget http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0

But when i use

cd linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0
"not a directory"

./pool_miner the-iland.net xxMy-Adressxx
"no such file or directory"

chmod +x linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0
./linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0 the-iland.net XXXXX
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #483 on: November 10, 2013, 11:34:07 am »

Offline bidji29

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2013, 11:33:50 am »
I'm on ubuntu 13.10 x64

i download it with

wget http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0

But when i use

"not a directory"

"no such file or directory"

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:07 am »
it still doesn't work.

Do i need to compile it?

No... what is the error?

Offline bidji29

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2013, 11:29:40 am »
it still doesn't work.

Do i need to compile it?

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #479 on: November 10, 2013, 11:06:17 am »
chmod +x linux_alpha-miner-0.1.0

Offline bidji29

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 10, 2013, 11:03:59 am »
i'm not used to linux.

I try to do :

Code: [Select]
wget http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0 -O linux_alpha_miner-0.1.0

It doesn't work. I must miss something, can someone help?

Offline Winslow Strong

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 10, 2013, 11:02:45 am »
bytemaster,
I think the problem occurs when adding or removing another miner using the same pts address.   I experienced it in both cases (adding and removing).   I've since switched to unique addresses for each miner.   When using unique addresses I have not seen the balance / paid reset to 0.   My experience is across 15 linux miners.

I hope this information hopes a little bit.

I can confirm this.  I had to reconnect my 5 server miners that use the same address, and my balance of 4.3 PTS got reset to 0. 

DO NOT USE THE SAME ADDRESS FOR MULTIPLE MINERS!

I will have a fix for this ASAP!  Good detective work guys.

I should also mention that I reconnected my miners because my system crashed.  So that could also have had something to do with it.  As soon as I reconnected the first one, balance was 0 and paid was 0, and it wasn't temporary.
PgmorTEHxRm5H8PHmN5fjni4ZZ2cGFDDCa