Author Topic: Coyote Miner | PPS Mining Pool  (Read 408203 times)

Offline bytemaster

Re: ALPHA MINER - 1.5 GB unlimited threads... better HPM Win64 Miner!
« Reply #791 on: November 11, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »
I will post in big BOLD letters when it is.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline hiddenvalleyranch

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 11, 2013, 08:15:03 pm »
Is the pool back up?

Offline kenpodragon

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 11, 2013, 08:03:11 pm »
Good news everyone... initial testing with hosting protosharesd on my mac shows things are working.

I have also made some improvements to the miner to support more threads, and best of all, mine 30% faster.    I will be releasing the new miner and pool within the hour.

Yay! Can't wait to get back into the pool.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #788 on: November 11, 2013, 08:00:27 pm »
New pool is incompatible with prior miners because of protocol updates.

Still waiting on word from FreeTrade on his progress with the checkpoint update.   Could someone integrate the version number patch presented above as a pull request for me?  Thanks.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #787 on: November 11, 2013, 07:58:30 pm »
Good news everyone... initial testing with hosting protosharesd on my mac shows things are working.

I have also made some improvements to the miner to support more threads, and best of all, mine 30% faster.    I will be releasing the new miner and pool within the hour. 

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #786 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:02 pm »
Ok, it appears that crash may be limited to linux only.   FreeTrade is working to add a checkpoint right after the fork and hopefully that will fix that issue.

In the mean time, I am going to work on a hack to allow me to host protosharesd from my mac client and if that works without crashing then the pool will be up soon.

i think a checkpoint is a step in the right direction, but when someone starts the current client they run the risk on syncing the wrong chain since it's all the same up to now. we need to make a clear distinction in the next one and ensure that it refuses to connect to older versions, otherwise we run the risk of having three versions of clients out there.

I agree.  So we need to have a two phased release.  One with a partial solution that increments the client version number and then uses the checkpoint validation.  Then after that has been widely distributed, the next version should only talk to clients that are using the new version.   

Can you recommend how to do these version numbers.  I am not terribly familiar with all the inner workings of the Bitcoin Qt implementation.

see here https://github.com/Petr1fied/gamecoin/blob/master/src/version.h

i'd have just done it myself and saved you the trouble...but i cant git from windows.

--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #785 on: November 11, 2013, 07:28:02 pm »
byte or Amazon, will you escrow for me please?

Sorry I am stuck with some other work and don't have controllable BTC/PTS wallet in hand.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #784 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:20 pm »
I would normally, but am too busy right now.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
« Reply #783 on: November 11, 2013, 07:24:42 pm »
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2013, 07:18:12 pm »
Ok, it appears that crash may be limited to linux only.   FreeTrade is working to add a checkpoint right after the fork and hopefully that will fix that issue.

In the mean time, I am going to work on a hack to allow me to host protosharesd from my mac client and if that works without crashing then the pool will be up soon.

i think a checkpoint is a step in the right direction, but when someone starts the current client they run the risk on syncing the wrong chain since it's all the same up to now. we need to make a clear distinction in the next one and ensure that it refuses to connect to older versions, otherwise we run the risk of having three versions of clients out there.

I agree.  So we need to have a two phased release.  One with a partial solution that increments the client version number and then uses the checkpoint validation.  Then after that has been widely distributed, the next version should only talk to clients that are using the new version.   

Can you recommend how to do these version numbers.  I am not terribly familiar with all the inner workings of the Bitcoin Qt implementation.

currently reading through the various implementations done before. i'll get back to you in five minutes

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2013, 07:03:27 pm »

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
« Reply #780 on: November 11, 2013, 07:02:07 pm »
I've also had very good stability on my mac client.    Only crashed one time over the last few days.   That crash occurred when I typed the "getwork" command in the console.   I was solo mining at the time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #779 on: November 11, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #778 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:22 pm »

You should still be careful though, since your pool is so large.  I don't know about the mac client, but my windows wallet crashes every few hours when I'm mining, and even when I'm not, it occasionally stops receiving the block chain, and mines orphans continuously until I restart it.  This is true for both the first and second versions.

Similar to me, my windows client stops receiving the blockchain every couple of hours.  I need to close it and reopen to get synced, although it never crash.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #777 on: November 11, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »

You should still be careful though, since your pool is so large.  I don't know about the mac client, but my windows wallet crashes every few hours when I'm mining, and even when I'm not, it occasionally stops receiving the block chain, and mines orphans continuously until I restart it.  This is true for both the first and second versions.

So far, knock on wood, I have never had my mac client show these problems...  the thing I find amazing is that we cloned from the latest Bitcoin Qt code base and then only modified the proof-of-work and a few chain parameters and then we have all of this instability on the network side.