Author Topic: Update on Chronos Videos  (Read 6682 times)

Offline Thom

You understand correctly, but fortunately this isn't a referrals worker -- in the same amount of time, svk got 0 referrals for his web wallet work, as did Roadscape on his block explorer worker, if I read the blockchain correctly. They weren't paid for referrals, either, but for the work they produced.

A better way to look at it is that we have 9 helpful and educational videos so far, which can be used as a training tool for years into the future.

Exactly Chronos. Fav, you have been a major proponent of the referral program since day 1, and one of the top referral earners. However, I'm not sure what the point of your comments below were. It almost sounds like you don't believe Chronos' work provides adequate value. If you are using referrals as the metric for that evaluation I could understand, but as Chronos said that wasn't the metric the worker proposal targeted.

Frankly I'm not sure why BitShares remains the old dog of digital currency projects, it's quite baffling. I see a similar trend for steemit.

I just added a feed for the Bit20 index fund last night, which appears to have killed my feeds altogether (will be looking into this ASAP), so perhaps if other witnesses add support for bit20 it might contribute to more adoption. I don't expect it will be a major factor, but every bit helps.

As strongly as I believe in the same core principles that Bytemaster does (privacy, Non-Aggression-Principle, freedom from coercive government etc), I wonder if his reputation for not following through on things is hurting the platforms he creates. I'm not going to name names but I've heard it from more than a handful of people how he has failed to pay them as agreed. They are people you probably know, people inside and outside of BitShares and Steem. That's NOT GOOD!

Something is surely wrong, and BitShares is loosing ground against the rapid pace of development going on in the crypto space. We have a giant lead with graphene tech, and we need to find a way to market it effectively and move forward so we don't loose that first mover advantage. Marketing has always been the primary problem.

I also think we need to do much better in making the tech accessible to more developers. The structure of the API makes it difficult to learn. Shit the cli wallet commands are atrocious in their consistency and lack of organization. The learning curve for the graphene API is very steep and I'm certain that has hindered adoption. It needs to be simplified.

OK, I've ranted long enough, time to resolve the problem with my feeds.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:09:22 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Chronos

You understand correctly, but fortunately this isn't a referrals worker -- in the same amount of time, svk got 0 referrals for his web wallet work, as did Roadscape on his block explorer worker, if I read the blockchain correctly. They weren't paid for referrals, either, but for the work they produced.

A better way to look at it is that we have 9 helpful and educational videos so far, which can be used as a training tool for years into the future.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
how many referral sign-ups did you make via your videos?
Four referrals so far, linked on the blockchain. We can't detect referrals that didn't use the suggested referral link, so there are likely more.

See http://cryptofresh.com/u/chronos-youtube for the details (remember to exclude my test referrals).

so from a raw number perspective...

you received 1.600.000 BTS which equals in 400.000 BTS per referral (current rate) which would mean we paid $1700 per sign-up at this point, ignoring potential future sign-ups.

anything above 230BTS per sign-up is really bad from my experience.

this is the reason we got the referral program - content creators should earn money through it in my opinion.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Four referrals so far, linked on the blockchain. We can't detect referrals that didn't use the suggested referral link, so there are likely more.

See http://cryptofresh.com/u/chronos-youtube for the details (remember to exclude my test referrals).

If i'm reading correctly, that's four referrals.

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Chronos

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Chronos

It's time for an update on Chronos Crypto Videos. Over the past year. the worker has published about three videos per month while active, in line with production goals. We now have the following videos available:

Tech Lectures:
  • Intro to Bitshares, where we take a brief overview of some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.
  • Bitshares Security: Delegated Proof of Stake, where we compare Bitcoin's security model with some of the key features that set Bitshares apart as a next-generation crypto.
  • Bitshares Inflation Rate, where we study the factors that cause the total supply of BTS to increase or decrease over time.

Walkthroughs:

News and Announcements:
  • Bitshares Merger Vesting Ends, where we celebrate the end of the Bitshares merger vesting dilution, and analyze the network growth over the past year.

Check out all the videos on the Bitshares Playlist.

Below are some of the comments and feedback we've received on the YouTube channel:
  • "Stunning cryptocurrency design, nicely conveyed." - Harry Evelegh
  • "Excellent presentation----look forward to seeing all your work as it progresses!!! ¥€S" - Alexander Vago
  • "Good work!" - Marek Chmielewski
  • "nice video. Thanks for the info." - HowzatDCC
  • "Very good Chronos. I'll tweet this one out." - Patrick Konshak
  • "Great video - very well explained. Useful tool I wasn't aware off." - Andy Mckey
  • "Really interesting. Thanks for the video" - Ian Watt
  • "I like it, easy to follow." - Louis Castro
  • "Useful video, thanks!" - CLains
  • "Awesome. I wish I had this video when I create my UIA's." - Patrick Konshak
  • "Good video." - Ken Code
  • "Thanks for the walk through! These are very good tutorials." - Paul Zozem
  • "I appreciate your BitShares videos just as I appreciated your earlier Peercoin videos. I've since moved on to Bitcoin and Ethereum, but am curious about BitShares." - Derek Mahar

The worker fell out of the approved workers slate this week, and is no longer funded. We need the voting support of about 65M more BTS in order to continue video production. I'd like to open this discussion up to find out how the community would like to move forward with the worker.

I think this is a good time to take an assessment on how things are going. What have you liked so far? What would you prefer to be done differently? What do you want to see in the future?