Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] New BitShares Core Dev  (Read 32880 times)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Beside subsidized request, kencode has offered us his reputation. In my opinion and with all respect to others, it is worth more.

It's funny, because KenCode had quite a poor reputation here a couple years ago. He was accused of scamming Floridans with a fraudulent gun school. There was an entire website with details about it. He was also accused of running a solar panel scam in 2007, where he never shipped the panels to buyers. More details can be found through a simple web search.

It's remarkable how that has changed. Thanks for sticking around, @kenCode!

Hard works pays off and Ken has proven his skills and working ethics as an excellent development team leader. He has my full support.

i feel more comfortable to pay someone who is willing to take financial risk with bitshares to perform work on bitshares rather seeing it as a work place.

+5% kencode
I totaly agree.

As I understand proposition, it would be undefined overlap between existing workers, Soledgers, Svks and future Alfredo Garcias.
How they will divide jobs and responsibilities. BTW what are jobs and responsibilities of current workers? Is there any clear road map for them.
Can we track and measure theirs accomplishments?
Only one thing to tell about that, the accomplishment that isn't measured, it isn't improving.

I like the way @kenCode manages his projects, specially reports about his work. It should be "minimum standard behavior" for
all Bitshares Workers. Finally it is good thing for workers to compete between each other or find common ground and collaborate.
Either way community is on gain.

Beside subsidized request, kencode has offered us his reputation. In my opinion and with all respect to others, it is worth more.

Hi Geneko,
each worker is targeting different sections of the codebase and of course the best practise will be to coordinate the tasks among them. While SVK is fousing on the front end, Soledger (Vikram) and Alfredo will focus more on the back end.

There are no worker standards yet. I would like to establish them now as soon as possible. One of the "minimum standard behavior" should be the weekly updates. More standards will come with time and experimentation with workers.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Chronos

It's funny, because KenCode had quite a poor reputation here a couple years ago. He was accused of scamming Floridans with a fraudulent gun school. There was an entire website with details about it. He was also accused of running a solar panel scam in 2007, where he never shipped the panels to buyers. More details can be found through a simple web search.

It's remarkable how that has changed. Thanks for sticking around, @kenCode!

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

i feel more comfortable to pay someone who is willing to take financial risk with bitshares to perform work on bitshares rather seeing it as a work place.

+5% kencode
I totaly agree.

As I understand proposition, it would be undefined overlap between existing workers, Soledgers, Svks and future Alfredo Garcias.
How they will divide jobs and responsibilities. BTW what are jobs and responsibilities of current workers? Is there any clear road map for them.
Can we track and measure theirs accomplishments?
Only one thing to tell about that, the accomplishment that isn't measured, it isn't improving.

I like the way @kenCode manages his projects, specially reports about his work. It should be "minimum standard behavior" for
all Bitshares Workers. Finally it is good thing for workers to compete between each other or find common ground and collaborate.
Either way community is on gain.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
i like the idea about not putting a entire "employee paycheck" on the blockchain, but rather a "subsidize request" from a community player.

+5% kencode
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
This is really great!! Thanks a lot for the initiative! I will update my proxy to whoever votes for this if necessary.

Feedback / questions:
1) Is there public information about Alfredo Garcia available besides his name? LInkedin, github etc?
2) I can not finally judge this as I am not a developer but did you think about a third party code reviewer such as Cryptonomex or Bunkerchainlabs? Or does Bitshares Munich hire one anyway? If so it would be nice if the results of these reviews and who did the review would be public as well. In the end such a review is effective if the reviewer has a reputation (to loose).

1) No. Have faith in me and my team, I hope my track record speaks for itself at this point. I only work with the brightest minds in the world.
2) We have auditors on staff, and I always encourage the public to audit our code as well on my github repos. I totally agree with you about reviews too and welcome them here.

I am all for this but why is there NO information about the dev? Not even a github acc?

EDit: It should be public anyway already since if he worked on "BlockPay, Smartcoins Wallet, C-IPFS, Stealth, Echo, Bridges and Gateways" as stated in the OP this activity should be on the respective github repos of the above projects?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:34:54 pm by santaclause102 »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
This is really great!! Thanks a lot for the initiative! I will update my proxy to whoever votes for this if necessary.

Feedback / questions:
1) Is there public information about Alfredo Garcia available besides his name? LInkedin, github etc?
2) I can not finally judge this as I am not a developer but did you think about a third party code reviewer such as Cryptonomex or Bunkerchainlabs? Or does Bitshares Munich hire one anyway? If so it would be nice if the results of these reviews and who did the review would be public as well. In the end such a review is effective if the reviewer has a reputation (to loose).

1) No. Have faith in me and my team, I hope my track record speaks for itself at this point. I only work with the brightest minds in the world.
2) We have auditors on staff, and I always encourage the public to audit our code as well on my github repos. I totally agree with you about reviews too and welcome them here.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Feedback / questions:

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
What new features specifically has the community been asking for?

As Chris mentioned above, the mumble will help to finalize the roadmap. The outstanding issues on github really need to be cleaned up too, that's pretty obvious.

As for the new features that the community wants, let's start with the list that you started Data, the one we discussed on telegram. There's 5 or 6 items on it if I recall.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

This Worker Proposal is for 6 months, and will include fixing Graphene Issues via github, and building the new features for the Bitshares platform and DEx that the community has been asking for.

What exactly does this mean? There is room for a lot of clarifiaction:

Issues in github? There are plenty to go for a while, which ones are planned for with what milestones?

Without a clear plan for work inefficiency creeps.

Looking forward to the reply.

exactly, please give the detail of the new features in the develop plan, there should be a process for the community to agree on adding new features.

I will post a roadmap for this worker. We want to start with the long issue list on Github first, and then move into building new features. Which features we should build will be discussed in the forum, and on the mumble.

Here is the latest feature list for the BitShares Blockchain. I collected most different ideas from chat, mumble and old forum posts/roadmaps.

The goal is to keep the list updated, and vote in the forum/mumble about the next feature.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kgTYNEeqYP8xrEKBs2L0uc52xjQCPURuigI2CIplEtE/edit?usp=sharing

@ken can give a direct roadmap which of the 190 open github issues we are planning to fix first.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:59:53 am by Chris4210 »
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

This Worker Proposal is for 6 months, and will include fixing Graphene Issues via github, and building the new features for the Bitshares platform and DEx that the community has been asking for.

Issues in github? There are plenty to go for a while, which ones are planned for with what milestones?

exactly, please give the detail of the new features in the develop plan, there should be a process for the community to agree on adding new features.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

this, please post a roadmap and get my vote :)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Great stuff.
Have voted to approve this

and have put the word out on twitter  https://twitter.com/bitshares/status/819383789830934529
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:26:17 am by JonnyBitcoin »
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Let's make this happen.  The more successful workers the better.

I would like to see some sort of collaboration between the workers at this point so there is no major overlap.  SVK, Vikram, and Alfredo.