Author Topic: Inflation made by I3 @bytemaster & co.  (Read 2428 times)

Offline boshen1011

• Keyhotee ID:Bo
    • View Profile
1> The PTS price is decided by market. It is good time to accumulate the amount of "shares" by longtime supporters if the price is presumed to be "low".

2> There are many ways to earn extra PTS from forum as a moderator and forum management team.
     Answering questions, bringing more values services to community, helping startups on DAC model. Beyond the 100   PTS,  we have to be self-motivated using information and working on bountiful bounties.

3> With all of our talents and expertises here, who are especially familiar with local/regional community,  all of us could bring more meaningful services and projects to build up our longterm and healthier Bitshares ecosystem.

That being said, our forum management team has been doing fantastic jobs, but overqualified as a moderator. Thinking about that all of us are PTS shareholders, and could contribute our time and energy to bring up the internal value by ourself. But I wish our moderators could make more PTS not only continue to work well on the routine forum job, but also make PTS from other channels.

That is not a place to be paid on a assigned job, it is a place to be a master of your own social and capital investment.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:35:49 pm by boshen1011 »

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Forum moderators don't require the same skill set nor dedicated time.  Perhaps there are more moderators, but in theory one full time high school graduate could perform moderation earning $20K per year. 

Most of moderators paid by forum donation are from Local boards. They are not only answering questions, but also translating article and working as a contact in different local areas. Lots of them started working as volunteer when the forum just started with no pay. With all the effort and support they did, it is unfair to classify their work as "high school graduate" work or "low skilled" work.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Thanks for the comments on this.

I have to admit, I agree on this one.

I also believe that those earning PTS by doing work on this forum are unlikely to sell it all and therefore this does not push down prices. 

And I dont want to cut off this system. It was just a thought.

Offline bytemaster

I also believe that those earning PTS by doing work on this forum are unlikely to sell it all and therefore this does not push down prices. 

Also, those earning PTS are most likely unable to buy much anyway (thus why they are working) and so this isn't removing much demand for PTS.

Prices on bounties will tend to rise until someone does them. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I expect the support forum to do more than simply remove spam or reclassify posts, but to actively help people debug issues and engage in discussion.

The 300 per month is just a calculation from 10 pts per day that I originally set and translates to $6000 per month which targets 1 full time software guy at $6000 per month or $72000 per year at $20 per PTS and thus cheap by US standards.   

Forum moderators don't require the same skill set nor dedicated time.  Perhaps there are more moderators, but in theory one full time high school graduate could perform moderation earning $20K per year. 

I also suspect there is overlap between the two groups.

I wouldn't call this PTS inflation but us offering generous payouts to those who actively support others and give new users a positive experience when they have trouble.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
I'm posting this in to the internal forums for various reasons, there is enough chitchat going on already. But I have some concerns about bounties and rewards paid in PTS.

I like the way you use bounties to push forward the community and everything you ever desired. But during the last few days/weeks i noted some inflation.

Everyone sees PTS going down. I'm not worried, 1 PTS is still 1 PTS. But if I see posts like the following I'm concerned.

Probably a good idea to give one more person access to support tip funds, barwizi is a good candidate. I can just share key for the same address.

Counting up who has done support for how long each day is not going to be scalable, let's try to move towards a system where money is split between a list of reliable staff who get paid consistently and bounties on particularly tough theads

Agreed.   I am giving you a 300 pts per month budget manage salary vs tips how ever gets the job done. 

The monthly budget for volunteers helping out on the technical support forum is 300 PTS as of Jan/15/2014.

The monthly donation for board and global moderators helping out everywhere and keep this wheel spinning is 100 PTS as of Jan/02/2014 (link).

Please, everyone understand, I'm not here to complain we get too less. I want you to understand there is huge decrease in value of PTS if we keep blowing out PTS at this rates. 2 weeks ago a budget for a dozen dedicated moderators keeping this forum going was 100 PTS, now the budget for forum tipps for random helpfull posts is 300 PTS.

This is one of many factors why PTS is going down, its a home made inflation because I3 is releasing too much shares without consideration of the consequences.

Any comments on that?