Author Topic: Why Bitshares?  (Read 4749 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
today twitch streamers got hit by bots donating 200k++ worth of stolen credit card funds...

https://clips.twitch.tv/sodapoppin/AttractiveButterflyDuDudu
https://clips.twitch.tv/sodapoppin/TalentedFishSoonerLater

and the streamers are really concerned.

this is the 'why' bitshares. no easy credit card like fraud possible
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:30:15 pm by fav »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
because it scales and you gotta aim high, ya  +5%

slay dragons ---

Offline onceuponatime

BitShares:   Because Your Money Is Yours!

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
The Why of BitShares!

Please find a short list of the Why sorted to three target groups as discussed on todays BitShares mumble:

• End users
  • Companies
  • Developers

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MDrYecGZ6QmareRxXWBZK6vyw8vYUvR_FCPr4GHc-Ok/edit?usp=sharing
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline konelectric

Why does it matter to me?

Back in 2007 I got screwed out of a house (I mean a Home). I tried everything to work things  out with the ever changing mortgage companies and lawyers. But it seem like the world was setting my up to fail. And in 2008 I found out I was right. So I decided after that I was not going to play their games anymore and find an alternative way. Well one thing lead to another and I ended up in the Bitshares community. In the 3 years I have been here, I found so many unselfish, dedicated, loyal, (and the words go on) people that have more then proven them selves over the years that I'm to the point of 'I'll go down with the ship with them'. But I know that will never happen.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:34:04 am by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Why Bitshares?
Only Bitshares enables free trade of anything at any time from any place.
Only Bitshares does offer a solution that has already proven it's stability and high speed.
Only Bitshares has a built-in corporate law that enables all BTS token holders to create real consensus.
Only Bitshares can adjust parameters like blocksize, fee-schedules and many more directly on chain.
Bitshares is independent and can be used by regulated and unregulated services without changing the platform.

Why does it matter?
The elimination of middlemen saves real money and time.
A decentralized ledger is much more robust than today's centralized entities.
A virtual layer on top of physical goods and services enables a whole new way to interact and exchange in real-time between people all around the globe.
If everyone can create tokens and send/receive/exchange them at will this can create true financial freedom.

Only on Bitshares I can invest in so many things without asking my broker or even trusting my bank.
I have full control over my funds.
Banks and traditional financial services already get disrupted by Fintech's today and Bitshares has the potential to play an very important role in tomorrows global financial services.
Using Bitshares make me feel to be part of something huge, something that will have an real impact in the near future.
I learn something new about finance and tech everyday by just being part of the Bitshares community.

These are all great points but i wonder:

1. that somehow we need to get this message out more effectively.
2. we should be attracting devs wanting to contribute to the code and keep innovating (i think we need to keep innovating and adding features or we're going to fall behind - we've already dropped from 4th to 25th on cmc). Attracting more devs is key because there will be more innovation and fresh ideas.
3. of course we need more liquidity

Chris from blockpay is doing a great job pushing development initiatives on the mumbles. I think this is important and one of the things we loved about dan was he was soo inventive. That was the hallmark of bitshares in my opinion. We needed a period of consolidation, but it would be a mistake for the innovation to stop and we loose him completely.

just my 2 cents.

Offline llildur

• View Profile
Why Bitshares?
Because is backed for a resilient comunity who already deliver one of the best products in the field and is working towards new exciting ideas.

Why does it matter?
It matter because when time comes people gonna need alternatives, BTS is a platform that can be used for individuals as well as business and corporations to manage their finances with complete transparency, the roboustness of the tech makes it ideal for any pourpose, and is a cheap solution to complex problems

IMO BTS is a hiden treasure, the vast majority of people are distracted in new ventures who promises many things that BTS already delivered, the problem here from my point of view is timing, the people aren't ready yet and the crypto space is still in early stages, only a little spark can release all the potencial hidden in this project and BTS is posed to be a prominent player.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Why Bitshares?
Only Bitshares does offer a solution that has already proven it's stability and high speed.
Only Bitshares has a built-in corporate law that enables all BTS token holders to create real consensus.
Only Bitshares can adjust parameters like blocksize, fee-schedules and many more directly on chain.
Bitshares is independent and can be used by regulated and unregulated services without changing the platform.

Why does it matter?
A virtual layer on top of physical goods and services enables a whole new way to interact and exchange in real-time between people all around the globe.
If everyone can create tokens and send/receive/exchange them at will this can create true financial freedom.

Only on Bitshares I can invest in so many things without asking my broker or even trusting my bank.
Banks and traditional financial services already get disrupted by Fintech's today and Bitshares has the potential to play an very important role in tomorrows global financial services.
Using Bitshares make me feel to be part of something huge, something that will have an real impact in the near future.
I learn something new about finance and tech everyday by just being part of the Bitshares community.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Why Bitshares?
Bitshares enables anyone to control their own funds/wealth.

Why does it matter?
The fractional reserve banking system is precarious.  Financial institutions are overleveraged.  Some (or many) will fail.  There will be bail-ins, and who knows what else. 

I don't want to be at the mercy of these institutions.  I want to control my financial destiny.  I want real financial freedom.  Bitshares gives us that.

Bitshares -- Real Financial Freedom

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Why Bitshares?
[The why question imo may be better answered by businesses that build ontop of Bitshares. The answer may be different to all of them. More generally, I think the why question can either be answered individually or by a strong leader that creates a product, leads a team and unites them team through the vision.] 

Why does it matter?
More or less objectively, because trading and the possibility to issue UIA is the biggest real world use case today and the one blockchain that is most suitable for this use case will win. 

To me personally, because efficiency is sexy.

Offline btswolf

Why Bitshares?

Why does it matter?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:48:02 am by btswolf »

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Why Bitshares?
So anyone can have full control of their money and trade.

Why does it matter?
Because banks and governments control your money and trade and this is to much power in their hands.

None of your business
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Why Bitshares?

Why does it matter?

I know bitshares. I know matter and black matter. What the hell is does it matter? Does this form of matter have any effect on Universe?

Offline MarkoPaasila

Why Bitshares? Because freedom matters, and Bitshares is probably the best technology for achieving financial freedom. It is the best combination of speed, security, flexibility, functionality and cost, that exists.

Why does it matter? Because no technology has "made it" yet, so we should choose the very best foundation to put our efforts on.

Why does it matter to me? Because the power of Bitshares amazes me more than any other competing tech. It seems so promising and liberating.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Why Bitshares?

Why does it matter?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+