Author Topic: Where are the collateral positions on the wallet gone?  (Read 4946 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I am always on trading mode.that is not the reason...i am really surprised that no one else has this issue so I can only conclude that you guys only trade with the official wallet and not the open ledger web wallet either you don't trade at all..i hope is the former.. :)
I am really surprised that openledger web wallet did that and I really dont get why someone would remove this..anyway i hope that when others think that their bts got lost they look at this post and don't freak out.
as @nmywn said..use the official client..except if it is indeed something to do with stealth..maybe super stealth that hides your own collaterals positions and transactions.. ;)

The openledger GUI doesn't show collateral positions any more.
Bitshares.org should direct people to bitshares.org/wallet instead of https://bitshares.openledger.info if they have removed this key function.
Also the Openledger GUI doesn't appear to be open source.

agreed, i'm a little surprised such a core function has been removed from OL. I'd like to think it was just an oversight and something that will soon be fixed.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I am always on trading mode.that is not the reason...i am really surprised that no one else has this issue so I can only conclude that you guys only trade with the official wallet and not the open ledger web wallet either you don't trade at all..i hope is the former.. :)
I am really surprised that openledger web wallet did that and I really dont get why someone would remove this..anyway i hope that when others think that their bts got lost they look at this post and don't freak out.
as @nmywn said..use the official client..except if it is indeed something to do with stealth..maybe super stealth that hides your own collaterals positions and transactions.. ;)

The openledger GUI doesn't show collateral positions any more.
Bitshares.org should direct people to bitshares.org/wallet instead of https://bitshares.openledger.info if they have removed this key function.
Also the Openledger GUI doesn't appear to be open source.

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline svk

excuse my ignorance but can someone tell me more about these bitshares nodes?

I assume a full node is someone running a full copy of the bitshares blockchain requiring a good spec machine in a data centre with lots of ram?

Is a seed node the same as a full node?

Is the light wallet just a GUI for talking to these hosted full nodes?

do witnesses have to be running a full node?

In the GUI where I can select my API connection, am I selecting which full node I want my light wallet to talk to?

thanks in advance.

Yes,  yes and yes.

The node doesn't need much in terms of specs though,  a witness needs 4-5 gigs I think.

A public node needs better specs though.

The advantage of the light wallet is that the javascript is fixed,  it is not downloaded every time you open it so there's  one attack vector less than a website like bitshares.openledger.info
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
excuse my ignorance but can someone tell me more about these bitshares nodes?

I assume a full node is someone running a full copy of the bitshares blockchain requiring a good spec machine in a data centre with lots of ram?

Is a seed node the same as a full node?

Is the light wallet just a GUI for talking to these hosted full nodes?

do witnesses have to be running a full node?

In the GUI where I can select my API connection, am I selecting which full node I want my light wallet to talk to?

thanks in advance.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
I have the same issue, maybe OL is testing or optimizing something...

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Openledger doesn't show collateral positions under account overview. It is their bug or... feature.
 Use official GUI, it's safer for your funds, offers lower minimum collateral and better overview page (collateral positions included)

I used openledger webwallet since day 1 and the collateral positions were shown properly until today..I switched obviously to the official client now and everything is fine and shown as it should be...No more openledger web wallet for me from now on..

@ccedk whoever did this to openledger wallet needs to get fired mate..There is absolutely no logic not to show the collateral positions..

Hit the button in the upper right where it says "switch to trader mode."  This should bring back the interface you are used to.  Looks like they may be trying to make it more mobile friendly.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Openledger doesn't show collateral positions under account overview. It is their bug or... feature.
 Use official GUI, it's safer for your funds, offers lower minimum collateral and better overview page (collateral positions included)

I used openledger webwallet since day 1 and the collateral positions were shown properly until today..I switched obviously to the official client now and everything is fine and shown as it should be...No more openledger web wallet for me from now on..

@ccedk whoever did this to openledger wallet needs to get fired mate..There is absolutely no logic not to show the collateral positions..

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
both cryptofresh and GUI show your account have 203690 BTS as collateral, what's the matter?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Guys.,.instead of guessing what may have happened can someone show me what happened? My account is mf-tzo..i had more than sufficient collateral and now I have no bts on my account and no open collateral positions shown. In cryptofresh my debt positions are shown. So can please someone have a look? I would assume that this may a GUI bug and the bts will appear at some point on my account once someone realizes that something is wrong and fix this but this is scar and makes me want to exit the bts ecosystem completely..so please have a look..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I can't see any force settlement in my history and in order to be margin called on my positions bts/usd should be 383 and bts/btc 352,000 which hasn't happened yet..so what is going on here?  :o
you position could have been liquidated for provide the collateral to someone that settled his position ..
this happens only to those that have the least collateral ratio EVEN if it is above the margin call ratio ..

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I can't see any force settlement in my history and in order to be margin called on my positions bts/usd should be 383 and bts/btc 352,000 which hasn't happened yet..so what is going on here?  :o

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
should be force settlement, check your trade history.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline 天籁

• View Profile