Author Topic: Liquidity, Liquidity, Liquidity  (Read 18272 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
anyone can persuade polo to open a BTS/USDT pair? that will help a lot.

I would, but dont even know what is POLO
more info please

Poloniex is a crytocoin exchange.

We should lobby them to add USDT/ BTS, anyone know how?
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline mea123

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mea123

overnight big change in BTS value
seems like volume picked up BTS gained 18%

If I can be help in any way, please let me know

please dont ask for technical help, I dont have a clue

Offline mea123

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mea123

I would, but dont even know what is POLO
more info please

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
When you say you coded the bot yourself .. did you use Xeroc's  "pybitshares" as in his earlier reply to the stakemachine topic in the Technical Support & Feedback forum section ?  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23939.msg304085.html#msg304085

It looks like there are a few Bot discussions going on at the present time.
While starting to get in Python and liking the look of pybitshares for interfacing I am not keen to reinvent the wheel especially if its designed by someone who can do it better than a newbie :-)

Interested to know if anyone is using stakemachine currently or another bot for real trades on Bitshares or Openledger Blockchain.

Cheers John

bts bots is python and can be found here https://github.com/pch957/btsbots

hosted at btsbots.com and androidstore:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idnt4zyo1d95xegwtxmk0

yes, you can use btsbots if you like.
however, if you need to DIY some policy that btsbots does not provide, it's also a good choice to do some coding, anyway, xeroc's python library has made this easy. 
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
When you say you coded the bot yourself .. did you use Xeroc's  "pybitshares" as in his earlier reply to the stakemachine topic in the Technical Support & Feedback forum section ?  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23939.msg304085.html#msg304085

While starting to get in Python and liking the look of pybitshares for interfacing I am not keen to reinvent the wheel especially if its designed by someone who can do it better than a newbie :-)

Interested to know if anyone is using stakemachine currently or another bot for real trades on Bitshares or Openledger Blockchain.

Cheers John

bts bots is python and can be found here https://github.com/pch957/btsbots

hosted at btsbots.com and androidstore:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idnt4zyo1d95xegwtxmk0
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline j-v-h-silver

• View Profile

Cheers John

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
begin  to run the USDT/bitUSD market making bot.
hope that will help

is this btsbots ?

no, I coded the bot by myself.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
hope that will help

is this btsbots ?
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
hope that will help

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
although the process to increase witness payment is still on going, I am considering another possibility - to pay witness in bitUSD.
frankly speaking I have considered to use bitCNY to do this, as bitCNY has better supply and market depth than bitUSD, but more bitCNY supply may lead to one result that had happened: most of the bitCNY finally acculmate in transwiser and transwiser have to force settle. so maybe bitUSD is a better choise.

suppose 0.004$ is BTS price, then block payment should be 0.012$, 345.6 USD per day.

let reserve pool borrow 62208 bitUSD - which is total witness payment for 180 days, with 0.004$ as price and 5 as collateral ratio, that need 77,760,000 BTS for collateral - seems OK.

in order to get USD for position close, every week committee will place an order to sell 604800BTS  - the total weekly witness payment with 3BTS/block, with the price calculated out from some rules: the highest BTS price in the last week or other better rules.

It would be great if witnesses and workers could be paid in BitUSD automatically by the blockchain. Unfortunately bitshares is not designed to do this and as you suggest the only way is by trusting the committee with large collateral positions.

@xeroc latest worker is similar to this proposal, lets see how that goes

I'm not sure if shareholders would be happy to trust the comittee with such large amounts.
So much problem to calculate how much BTS is needed to cover 1 USD? I mean you can pay with BTS, but value witnesses service in terms of USD.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I feel so helpless.
thanks to @JonnyBitcoin and @abit that provide more than 30k USDT, however that's not enough, to build a channel to connect USD world and non-USD world need continous and stable liquidity.
can USD world and non-USD world help each other? I mean that let non-USD world always provide more than 2000 bitUSD offer to buy USDT at 0.98-1 bitUSD, and USD world always offer more than 2000 USDT to sell at 1-1.02 bitUSD.
I can play the role to offer bitUSD, anyone will play the role to offer USDT?
how about you? @JonnyBitcoin  :)
So by doing this you would be;
providing a service. Liquidity available at a reasonable price.
And taking a 4% profit on the spread. Effectively buying bitUSD for $0.98 and then selling it to someone else for $1.20.

Using current BitShares technology, is it possible to create a crowd-funded trader-bot that performs this service?

BitShares shareholders could send funds to this bot, which trustlessly places an order on the bitUSD:fiatUSD orderbook. The 4% profit could then be shared between the crowd-bot shareholders proportionally.

The benefit of creating a crowd-funded bot would be to improve the user experience, and to get as many bts shares locked up in providing liquidity to the asset markets. Bts shares being held as collateral in Smartcoin markets reduces the accessible supply on the market. This means the bts price has more support on the buy-side, leading to rises in the bts shareprice.

I think currently shareholders are perhaps risk-averse to losing the bts stake.
Making a mistake when placing a trade on the orderbook, and then losing lots of money.
Having a crowd-bot to send a bit of money to, to make them a reasonably 'guaranteed' profit of 4%. This could earn them interest on their bitshares.

This doesnt have to be a "state mandated" crowd-bot, just a collective of shareholders who pool to provide liquidity.

I think it needs ot be as easy as possible for shareholders to get their money on the DEX helping the ecosystem grow, and earning them a profit on their bts.

Please correct me if I've made any mistakes. I'm not sure if this is even possible :)
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
Noticed the 24hr volume for USD is over $115,000.  Is this due to the bots?  If so, nicely done.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I feel so helpless.
thanks to @JonnyBitcoin and @abit that provide more than 30k USDT, however that's not enough, to build a channel to connect USD world and non-USD world need continous and stable liquidity.
can USD world and non-USD world help each other? I mean that let non-USD world always provide more than 2000 bitUSD offer to buy USDT at 0.98-1 bitUSD, and USD world always offer more than 2000 USDT to sell at 1-1.02 bitUSD.
I can play the role to offer bitUSD, anyone will play the role to offer USDT?
how about you? @JonnyBitcoin  :)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile

yes that would help alot.

@bitcrab do you use btsbots  ?

yes, I just begin using it, and when @alt lived in Shanghai we have drinked together.
btsbots is great, I even think it has the potential to become another bitkan, but now I feel the problem is that alt do all the things by himself - from backend to frontend to logo design, now the front end of btsbots is not elegant enough as alt is not so skilled at these areas, he need to find a partner or even organize a team so he can focus on the backend.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

yes that would help alot.

@bitcrab do you use btsbots  ?
twitter.com/bitshares