Author Topic: [worker] Python-steem and uptick (1.14.52)  (Read 17668 times)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This is the announcement for the 0.1.0 release of uptick .. the command line tool
http://steem.link/Eqo7Q

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I am please to announce the first release of python-bitshares:
http://steem.link/5ij4g

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
A "Trailing stop loss" sounds like the perfect addition to UpTick.

Also mostly keeps your positions off the blockchain until executed. 
For this, I need websocket notifications to track the market changes. That's what I was working on today. I can't promise this kind of feature will be available with the first release but I am making great progress in that regards ...

iHashFury

A "Trailing stop loss" sounds like the perfect addition to UpTick.

Also mostly keeps your positions off the blockchain until executed. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:51:59 pm by iHashFury »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@shareholders, @community, and @developers,

As I am making significant progress with both, pybitshares library and uptick, I would like to request input from you as to what features you would like to have in the library and the command line tool uptick in an upcoming public first release candidate.

Uptick currently supports these calls:
  addkey
  allow
  balance
  broadcast
  buy
  changewalletpassphrase
  configuration
  delkey
  disallow
  getkey
  history
  info
  listaccounts
  listkeys
  openorders
  orderbook
  permissions
  randomwif
  sell
  sign
  trades
  transfer

and uses pybitshares to execute those calls on the blockchain.
What do you want to have in addition? I'll try to make it happen right in the first release.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Absolutely .. in fact, I actually NEED this kind of code to run this worker and get paid (due to the multisig nature of the escrow service for bitUSD payments).
Building bots will be very easy. You can see the same code base in action on STEEM called pysteem (pytsteem.com). It's a very popular library for python devs.

PyBitShares will simplify using the BitShares blockchain and build businesses around BitShares and I am not just talking about faucets or mm bots. Any kind of buisness that wants to run on top of BitShares could build a MVP in python very quickly and move over to custom libs/code while they grow their user base. Or they stick with pybitshares which is build with scalability in mind.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Is Python good enough to start a very simple community based sidechain? By saying sidechain I mean bunch of bots operating as multisig account in minimum 2 blockchains (e.g. steem <=> bitshares). Bots read data from blockchain's apis, voting on transactions and store data about it. Is that sidechain? Workers, pegged assets, custom dividend schemes, mining... All done with python bots, flexible UIA's and multisig groups - with possibility to upgrade to faster language if business model generate enough income to hire devs. Every time I see fractals like that I'm super exited. Is this a way how Graphene blockchain is supposed to scale or my uneducated imagination led me to false conclusions?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Morning everyone. I am still looking for some support for my worker proposal. Please consider voting so that we can improve the python tools and libraries that other devs can then use to build their apps and improve the ecosystem. Examples are the faucet (tapin) or a market making bot (stakemachine) but even more is possible like tipping bots, trading bots and any kind of automation of your account (like donations of some tokens to new accounts as done on the testnet).

Offline vikram

Cast your votes, anything to help developers create Bitshares related projects is great for the community.

+5%

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile
Cast your votes, anything to help developers create Bitshares related projects is great for the community.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This is a kind reminder for shareholders to consider voting for this worker. There are only a few votes left.
Regards
 -- Fabian

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Yes, it does. I guess, this whole process could be automated with a simple bot, can it?
Yes it can .. more of less .. everything that involves the worker account needs to be approved by the multisig group tho ..
But you can concatenate multiple operations into a single transaction/proposal so that they only need to approve once ..

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Actually, there is no need to put 2.5x collateral. If there are no offers between feed and SQP price, borrow bitUSD with minimum (1.75x) collateral and let it be margin called as soon as an offer appears between feed and SQP.
Depends. Margin Calls can force you to pay up to 10% above the feed while if you maintain collateral, you can just to partially close your position at lower premium.
Given that the shareholders (on paper) pay with more dilution for this worker already, I don't think it's fair to also ask them to pay for margin calls. Hence, 2.5x collateral.
Makes sense?

Yes, it does. I guess, this whole process could be automated with a simple bot, can it?