Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Advertisement at 8btc  (Read 20377 times)

Offline DestBest

Seems like a good idea.

Proposed default / DEX "Homepage"
I agree with your proposal, @svk might want to hear about it.

how are you measuring success? what metrics can you catch?

@fav seriously man? The guy offers to cover half of the cost with his own funds, he asks for 252,000 bts for 1 month and you ask about metrics?
I think the question is legit from a proxy knowing that we have a strong anti-dilution community and that we wasted some funding in the past.
The answer might help this worker to get more votes
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:24:29 pm by DestBest »
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
This worker has my full support and I wish we had many other marketing worker proposals like this one! well done @bitcrab and thank you for your generosity.

Does anyone has access to advertise bts on London tune or NY adverts for example? How much does it cost to place a small advert on tube trains for a month? 
We need to start using the pool funds for marketing like this. There is no other way. No ads..No success..

@fav seriously man? The guy offers to cover half of the cost with his own funds, he asks for 252,000 bts for 1 month and you ask about metrics? Come on now... :o :o ::) ::)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I am in favor of giving this a try.  But I agree with @fav that the results should be measured (both by click throughs from the ad, and by new accounts created under a specific referrer). 

Also very important, both in general and to maximize the success of this effort (and the efficiency of the funds spent), the wallet needs a suitable page for new visitors to land on.  The current default page is the account creation page (see 1st image below), which I've been saying is a very unsuitable page for new visitors to land.  Perhaps this is why you are proposing to have people land on the dashboard page.  But this page is also not suitable since it has no information (see 2nd image below). 

Because I believe it is imperative to have a suitable landing page for new visitors (for this ad campaign AND in general), I took the time to create one (see 3rd image below).  I proposed it last week to @Chris420, who liked the idea and encouraged me to ask @svk to incorporate it into the wallet site.  I discussed it with @svk and understand it's currently in progress.  @bitcrab, I hope you will write some similar text in Chinese, or translate the text I wrote so there's a proper landing page in place before spending money on an ad.

Current DEX default page:

Current dashboard page:

Proposed default / DEX "Homepage":
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:43:19 pm by tbone »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Give it a try!
Do you run your own faucet? If not, you should set one up to capture the fresh users' referral fee.
I can help you set one up.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
recently China goverment took some actions to restrict/regulate the service provided by cryptoexchanges such as OKcoin, huobi, BTCC, yunbi etc., now it's a good time to promote DEX service in China, I plan to do advertisement at 8btc, the most popular website for blockchain and cryptocurrency in China, below is the details:

an advertise picture that link to https://bitshares.org/wallet/#/dashboard will be put to the up right side of the homepage of 8btc.com or www.8btc.com, as below:

several advertisement pictures will share the place, and one occupy at least 25% of the time.

8btc charge 2BTC/month for this kind of advertisement,I will put in the advertisement for 1 month, which need 2BTC, I will offer 1BTC, and I create this worker to collect the left fund.

the worker will last 1month, totally 252000 BTS, daily pay 8400 BTS.

the advertisement will be online in one week.

your support is appreciated!

Email:bitcrab@qq.com