Author Topic: Not shared client won't work  (Read 2500 times)

Offline East42

• View Profile
  • BitShares: East42
and why would my internet provider be blocking bitshares

Offline East42

• View Profile
well what did the web socket test prove if this machine pasted all the test

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Find other machine with different connection and import your backup there. Or turn off firewall/antivirus. Or call your provider and ask why you can't connect.

Offline East42

• View Profile

Offline East42

• View Profile
it works for me a tick in all boxes

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline East42

• View Profile
yeh not working the api address you suggested.   what will happen if i uninstall and reinstall the client will i still be able to use my password or will it ask me to register a new account
cheers

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
There are some API servers located around the world and you can try pick another one.
Here is is one that is not in the public list:

wss://this.uptick.rocks

The password alone does *NOT* help you obtain the private keys. For that you need the *WALLET* (which is encrypted by the password).
Currently, I am unaware of any site that let's you use your stake ...
the final resort would be to setup your own witness node (like a full node) which people are doing on other blockchains anyways (e.g. for Ethereum)

it is saying Failed to sync with the API server
i noticed other users have had the same problem but nothing is working for me my clock is fine it just wont connect
as for pass words i know my client one when i make a trade. is there a site or browser i can use it to get into my account with this pass word
how can i upload a scree grab i cant see any buttons for doing that here.

any way any help you give would be great im really pissed off i cant see how every thing was working great and then this shit for all i no the assets i have brought are worth nothing now

Offline East42

• View Profile
it is saying Failed to sync with the API server
i noticed other users have had the same problem but nothing is working for me my clock is fine it just wont connect
as for pass words i know my client one when i make a trade. is there a site or browser i can use it to get into my account with this pass word
how can i upload a scree grab i cant see any buttons for doing that here.

any way any help you give would be great im really pissed off i cant see how every thing was working great and then this shit for all i no the assets i have brought are worth nothing now

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
as long as you have a backup of your private keys, brain wallet or the wallet.bin file .. you should be able to claim ypur account with balances from any bitshares enabled wallet like openledger, freedomledger or the official light client .. you should also be able to claim from the cli wallet which howevrr requires to compile manually

Whats the problem you are having exactly?

Offline East42

• View Profile
Hi how do I access my bitshares the client won't work any more and has I can see no fix I would like to sell my assets and quit bitshares because this is pathetic