Author Topic: begin working on bond market?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline mr-whitekey

because we are lack of both money and faith now.
yes my choice is wait
wait for  business development
wait for volunteer
wait for a real leader

look at the year just past, how much the worker have cost, and what they  have done.
we have tons of killer functions already:  decentralize exchange, prediction market, smart coin, multi authority, proposed transaction.
but what we have done with these.  bond market is  huge , so what?
We have a decentralized exchange ONLY for bitshares and its in ecosystem tokens. The wider market does not want to hold bitshares, does not want to speculate on bitshares, does not want to use our smart tokens or our private assets. In short we should not claim to have a decentralized exchange, we have a decentralized *Bitshares* exchange. If we want even a shot at a true exchange that ppl actually use we will find a way to trade other crypto currencies on our exchange while the user holds the private key. Until this is done let us not kid ourselves. We have no DEX with broad appeal.

Our prediction market is not functional at all. As long as the market creater controls the outcome the prediction​ market might as well not be on the block chain as they can decide the market anyway they want. Call me stupid, but I can not even figure out out to settle my production market, and nobody here bothered to answer my questions on how to make it work. We have a dream at a prediction market, we do not have a prediction market.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
From steem link:

Another important thing is bond market, with bond market, Alice can borrow smartcoins from Bob with collaterized asset and paying interest

Why would Alise borrow smartcoin from Bob and pay interest, if she can create it with no interest?

simple, suppose Alice now have 10M BTS and currently the settlement price is 0.00375USD/BTS, even with 2 as collateral ratio she can only borrow  18750 bitUSD from the system, and she still  bear the risk of been margin called or forced settlement, if she borrow bitUSD from Bob, it's very possible that Bob would like to lend her 37500 bitUSD with being paid 15% annual interest, Alice double what she can borrow and remove the risk of margin call and forcesettlement, with the cost of paying the interest, on the other hand, Bob bear the risk that finally Alice break her promise and refuse to refund but have chance to get interest.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Don't miss Fee Backed Asset  ,such as   STEALTH buyback.
A Fee Backed Asset that will be bought back with 60% of all fees from stealth or confidential transfers.
http://cryptofresh.com/a/STEALTH
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:44:49 pm by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline yvv

• View Profile
From steem link:

Another important thing is bond market, with bond market, Alice can borrow smartcoins from Bob with collaterized asset and paying interest

Why would Alise borrow smartcoin from Bob and pay interest, if she can create it with no interest?

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
we'd better wait OPENLEDGER/BLOCKPAY/TRANSWISER or some other business based Bitshares success
maybe they will help Bitshares when they success.

or try to attract some VC fund.

I agree with this.

A bond market is a symptom of strong liquidity.  It doesn't create liquidity.
Building a fast car doesn't mean people will buy it.  But if there's a strong reason to get somewhere fast, then there will be demand for the car.

Blockpay is doing it right.  Stealth is being built because they NEED it for their business.  Monero has stealth hoping people will use it.  Which do you think will succeed?  I'm betting on blockpay.

Bitshares' success won't come from being like Poloniex.  It'll come from platforms building on top of bitshares.

A bond market is just another "build-it-and-they-will-come" idea.  That strategy hasn't been working.

And where is this demand for a bond market coming from?  I don't see it.  Maybe from people who want to lend for a return, but who wants to borrow?  On poloniex, demand only comes if a crypto's price is going up a lot.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
because we are lack of both money and faith now.
yes my choice is wait
wait for  business development
wait for volunteer
wait for a real leader

look at the year just past, how much the worker have cost, and what they  have done.
we have tons of killer functions already:  decentralize exchange, prediction market, smart coin, multi authority, proposed transaction.
but what we have done with these.  bond market is  huge , so what?

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
if we can develop a new feature which is demanded urgently with worker, why need to wait big money?
time is most valuable, no time to wait.
who is sure that one day big money will come? if big money do not come then we just wait without developing any new features?
"dilution" is not a big problem, not able to depict future and execute is a big problem.

Offline alt

• View Profile
money is the biggest problem.
you can't always dilution without new money join.
this seems like to sold blood.

and I said need money means huge money,  these poor dilution money is not enough far away.
these poor money only can attract some scammer.

we'd better wait OPENLEDGER/BLOCKPAY/TRANSWISER or some other business based Bitshares success
maybe they will help Bitshares when they success.

or try to attract some VC fund.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I'm tired to hear huge thing from this community
and I don't believe the develop team can give a huge thing without any faith nor money.
I guess this will scare new business join Bitshares when it change to development state again.
I have some new  project based Bitshares prepare  to release in July
But I have to reconsider it now.

you can continue try to build something huge, without even make one  small business  success after 4 years.

why will this scare new comers? why won't this attract new comers? let the development go on while the business is still run on the stable chain, hard fork to update only happen while the new feature is completed and tested enough in the testnet, any problem?
not sure why you need to reconsider your new project, any details? you can explain for open discuss.

money is not a problem, if we can solve problem by money, just spend the money.
I am also not sure whether the develpment team can do this, so need to listen what they say.
anyway we need these new features, the sooner, the better.

Offline alt

• View Profile
I'm tired to hear huge thing from this community
and I don't believe the develop team can give a huge thing without any faith nor money.
I guess this will scare new business join Bitshares when it change to development state again.

you can continue try to build something huge, without even make one  small business  success after 4 years.

why will this scare new comers? why won't this attract new comers? let the development go on while the business is still run on the stable chain, hard fork to update only happen while the new feature is completed and tested enough in the testnet, any problem?
not sure why you need to reconsider your new project, any details? you can explain for open discuss.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:22:50 am by alt »

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
+5% and the profit share/dividend feature.
+5% and the collateral Issued warrant  feature.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
 +5% and the profit share/dividend feature.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I submitted a story at https://steemit.com/bitshares/@bitcrab/fork-bitshares , generally speaking it is about how can bitshares make big advance, thanks to the reply from @xeroc, I now feel the community have big consensus on 2 new features - bond market and conditional payment(in other words escrow service).

if you search "bond market" you can find tons of discussions in the forum, most people believe that bond market is a killer app that can bring huge smartcoin liquidity.

in Bitshares roadmap  2017, "bond market" is listed but with the status "not started",   we have talked too much on this new featue and now it's time to begin working on it, and in my view this is a priority 1 task.

as @xeroc told, "A bond market could be huge, all we need is funding and a development team to get this started. It's not like there isn't enough work, it's the funding that is needed and a lot of people are working on this behind the scenes."

so I wonder how much will such a new feature cost? and if the fund can be collected by worker can we start to organize the development team and work for it in short time?

I believe this will be supported by the community, including the China community.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:10:19 am by bitcrab »