Author Topic: transfer data with graphene tech  (Read 1697 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@kenCode no idea what you just said..lol..

The reason I am asking is because I find it unbelievable that people and corporations continue to share private data via dropbox and wetransfer etc after all these hacks..It would make much more sense to be able to do this in a decentralized, more private way and cryptocurrencies can also give the right incentive as well by obliging people that want to use this to buy the underlying token. I am sure that this can be done with graphene but i was wondering whether someone will do this from the graphene or bitshares team or whether someone else will do it before using ethereum or something else..

Well, our Stealth, C-IPFS and Echo projects will probably cover what you are asking for:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22576.msg303170.html#msg303170

But if you want decentralized encrypted email, based on merkle tech, well if the funding is found then I will probably build that too if there is a monetization possibility for it, or at least a Worker proposal that will cover the costs for me. Either way, I think the world would appreciate it..
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@kenCode no idea what you just said..lol..

The reason I am asking is because I find it unbelievable that people and corporations continue to share private data via dropbox and wetransfer etc after all these hacks..It would make much more sense to be able to do this in a decentralized, more private way and cryptocurrencies can also give the right incentive as well by obliging people that want to use this to buy the underlying token. I am sure that this can be done with graphene but i was wondering whether someone will do this from the graphene or bitshares team or whether someone else will do it before using ethereum or something else..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I was wondering if it would be possible to use graphene tech to use cryptography and transfer privately data from one to another.  In other words replace dropbox, wetransfer, sugarsynch etc with something decentralized and private? @bytemaster @Stan @xeroc @kenCode

i prefer c-ipfs, no sense in bloating the bts chain (unless it's just a hashref or other simple string). c-ipfs also offers e2e encryption/secio, private repos and long term storage.
just curious, why do you ask? are you thinking of doing private messaging or email?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I was wondering if it would be possible to use graphene tech to use cryptography and transfer privately data from one to another.  In other words replace dropbox, wetransfer, sugarsynch etc with something decentralized and private? @bytemaster @Stan @xeroc @kenCode