Author Topic: YAM Miner and solo mining  (Read 5607 times)

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
I like pools that don't require registration. I'm going to get something going over the weekend.

I may even have a strategic twist to benefit the coin.

Keep us in the loop, would definitely move my farm to something other than the big pools as long as it is stable.

I tried moving 3000hpm over to gpool a day ago and the pool fell apart, doh.

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
Before I go and hit my head against a brick wall, is the yam miner capable of solomining at all ?

I dont really agree at all with payouts from the mining pools so would like to give solomining a go again but with yam miner since it has far superior hpm than any other miner.

Right now I have access to >10000hpm using yam miner which means solomining is a viable option, just trying to figure out what is the most practical approach to go that way.

I have about 4000hpm and am in the same exact boat - let's get this up and running and open source it. Alternatively - are you interested in setting up a pool together and set it to 0% rewards?

It is vital that we balance the network with more pools that are easy to setup.

So I don't reinvent the wheel - what's a good start for a getwork pool code for other coins? Is there one open sourced?

I am also not keen to reinvent the wheel, mmc.gpools.com got getwork with mpos going so thats prob the best first step to take.

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
I have not figured it out yet but while I look into solomining with Yam Miner I moved a big part of my farm over to mmcpool.com and I urge others to do the same. You dont need to remove all your hashing from mmc.1gh.com but atleast consider splitting your farm onto mmcpool.com.

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
Pool load balancing was on the plan, but is delaying due to other... more interesting and funny features are on the way, such as perf enh, etc.

yvg1900

Yay more perf enhancements, cant wait to hook up my Casio Calculator. :)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Pool load balancing was on the plan, but is delaying due to other... more interesting and funny features are on the way, such as perf enh, etc.

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
A bit off topic but would you consider for next Yam release to add some form of load balancing feature similar to what cgminer offers ? Atleast this would give miners a bit more flexibility to prevent one pool from hogging the entire memorycoin network.

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
yam miner supports getwork protocol, so if you can configure your wallet as getwork server (which shall be possible) you can try solo mining. Unfortunately, this functionality has not been tested at all.

You shall define rpc user and password, and specify your connection parameters in yam config file. Check readme.txt for mining target URI format details - you have to create your own.

yvg1900

Great, all I had to hear.

I will give it a whirl and get back to this thread with yay or nay.

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
yam miner supports getwork protocol, so if you can configure your wallet as getwork server (which shall be possible) you can try solo mining. Unfortunately, this functionality has not been tested at all.

You shall define rpc user and password, and specify your connection parameters in yam config file. Check readme.txt for mining target URI format details - you have to create your own.

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
Before I go and hit my head against a brick wall, is the yam miner capable of solomining at all ?

I dont really agree at all with payouts from the mining pools so would like to give solomining a go again but with yam miner since it has far superior hpm than any other miner.

Right now I have access to >10000hpm using yam miner which means solomining is a viable option, just trying to figure out what is the most practical approach to go that way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:01:05 pm by bppsp1 »