Author Topic: DEX Trading fees  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Chronos

Each coin's fee is deducted from its side of the trade. So you are right, the fees would both be applied in your example case.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Also, in the above example of OPEN.BTC and BitUSD, when I exchange 1 OPEN.BTC for say 1000 BitUSD, how are the fees deducted? For example do I end up paying 1 OPEN.BTC for 998 BitUSD or 0.998 OPEN BTC for 1000 BitUSD?
I'm not sure about the fee structure in general, but if OPEN.BTC applies a 2% fee, this would mean you would be exchanging 1 OPEN.BTC for $998bitUSD
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:06:58 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
A 1% fee
B 1% fee

Someone is selling 100 B and wants 100 A for that.

You'll need 101 A to clear that order/ 1 A goes to issuer of A -> 99 B goes to you/ 1 B goes to issuer of B.
Someone pays no fees.

I think this is how it works, but not sure.

Offline Voyager_8

• View Profile
Quick question from a Newbie, if you are trading a pair containing two cryptos with differing 'Market fees' specified like OPEN.BTC (0.2%) / BitUSD (0%) it would be assumed the total cost for this trade would be 0.2%. However if BitUSD had a 0.2% fee then the total would be 0.4% in trade fees is this correct? 0.2% deducted either side, and if one was 0.3% then it would have 0.3% deducted from one side?

Also, in the above example of OPEN.BTC and BitUSD, when I exchange 1 OPEN.BTC for say 1000 BitUSD, how are the fees deducted? For example do I end up paying 1 OPEN.BTC for 998 BitUSD or 0.998 OPEN BTC for 1000 BitUSD?