Author Topic: bitshare ui fail to create account using tapin faucet  (Read 3023 times)

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Hello svk,

The UI generates keys for the network you're connected, so if you want testnet keys you need to connect to the testnet api server.

I'm using the latest version from https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/
the API is set to:
wss://node.testnet.bitshares.eu

This is the bitshares-ui create user POST data to the faucet:

--data-binary '{"account":{"name":"fds3gfdfdgfdg","owner_key":"BTS6vDpeuEz5RpUiPHLsBoyiRHCQZQsHKwGQtdeWxHKVd5XSvkvPe","active_key":"BTS7AQ2wqPXEaBiw3R7kmfQA8scS3JKH8bzCH4mG5iRzZs3rYs5mU","memo_key":"BTS7AQ2wqPXEaBiw3R7kmfQA8scS3JKH8bzCH4mG5iRzZs3rYs5mU","refcode":null,"referrer":null}}'

Its BTS keys and not TEST keys !?

Thanks
Mostar

Offline svk

The UI generates keys for the network you're connected, so if you want testnet keys you need to connect to the testnet api server.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mostar

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is what the config of the public node looks like:

Code: [Select]
secret_key: "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"  # Random keys                                                                                                                                                                                                 
nobroadcast: False           # Safety mode                                                                                                                                                                                                     

mail_host: "mail.bitshares.eu:589"                                                                                                                                                                                                             
mail_user: "faucet[member=73]bitshares[/member].eu"                                                                                                                                                                                                               
mail_pass: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
mail_from: "noreply@testnet.bitshares.eu"

admins:
 - mail[member=120]xeroc[/member].org

minIPAge: 300  # How long in secs does an IP need to wait to register a new account?
# witness_url: "wss://node.testnet.bitshares.eu"
witness_url: wss://node.testnet.bitshares.eu

registrar: "faucet"
default_referrer: "faucet"
referrer_percent: 50  # in percent
wif: "XXXXXXXXXXXX"

balance_mailthreshold: 500  # if balances goes below this, you will be notified

prefix: "TEST"
chain:
 chain_id: "39f5e2ede1f8bc1a3a54a7914414e3779e33193f1f5693510e73cb7a87617447"
 core_symbol: "TEST"
 prefix: "TEST"

core_asset: "TEST"
donation_amount: 10000
donation_asset: TEST

Keep in mind that the testnet will soon be reset to reduce it's size and improve sync speed ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thank you for you reply.

If you have the wallet on SSL you also need to access the faucet through ssl!!! Its a browser limitation

When I try UI signed ssl and faucet self signed is fail on

Failed to create account: newacountname123 - unknown error

When I try non ssl UI and faucet, there is some progress. Now  I got this error from the faucet

Error loading Base58 object

It look like the UI generate BTS... keys and not TEST... keys
How can I configure the UI to generate the testnet keys?
In order to run the faucet on the testnet some extra configuration is needed to tell it about the testnet .. it assumes BTS by default .. i can provide you with an example config on monday

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Thank you for you reply.

If you have the wallet on SSL you also need to access the faucet through ssl!!! Its a browser limitation

When I try UI signed ssl and faucet self signed is fail on

When I try non ssl UI and faucet, there is some progress. Now  I got this error from the faucet

Error loading Base58 object

It look like the UI generate BTS... keys and not TEST... keys
How can I configure the UI to generate the testnet keys?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Hello,

I setup Xeroc tapin faucet on my server.
Configure bitshare ui and tapin faucet to use the testnet.

I fail to create account from the ui. A popup error display:

I know the faucet is setup fine, because I successfully created account using curl:

Code: [Select]
curl 'http://localhost:5000/api/v1/accounts' -H 'Origin: https://testnet.bitshares.eu' -H 'Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br' -H 'Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8' -H 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.116 Safari/537.36' -H 'content-type: application/json' -H 'accept: application/json' --data-binary '{"account":{"name":"user2testnet5","owner_key":"TEST6Q3SpVujuAHYrgQCFbtVfQ52YbNrKJFjYt3gUudmGYWWoikxsc","active_key":"TEST7YqdNBBmPpKS85WSb1YRma7bP6KvVvh4sCRUdcxwjduxSkHDx2","memo_key":"TEST7YqdNBBmPpKS85WSb1YRma7bP6KvVvh4sCRUdcxwjduxSkHDx2","refcode":null,"referrer":""}}' --compressed

I tried in the ui to define the faucet as http://localhost:5000 or https://localhost
both fail!

My https implementation base on nginx reverse proxy.

My ssl is self signed, is the wallet ui  sensitive to this issue?

What else can be the problem?

Thank you