Author Topic: Accuracy of http://agran.net/memorycoin2_calc.html ?  (Read 3567 times)

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Please keep in mind the coin employs 'Kimoto gravity well' difficulty adjustment retargeting on every single block (!) This, and small/irregular cpm, makes all calculations based on averaging pretty much inaccurate, and this includes calculator, (some of the) charts and hashrate displayed on sites. If you PM me the MMC address you mine with, I could provide you the exact calculation towards your payment for one of last blocks found on 1gh.

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
As an example, right now and for most of the day network hashrate is ~64000 while I am sitting at between 9000-13000 so using even just 9000 at a rate of 10 blocks average per hour I should earn at a bare minimum 1.4 blocks per hour / 317 MEG per hour. This is not at all the results I am seeing, I am averaging around 0.7-0.9 blocks per hour.

I cant figure out why there is such huge differences, clearly somewhere something is wrong or the pools operate at huge hidden fees.
LOL ))
What blocks did you find?

The estimate is from pooled mining, please try keep up with details in this thread. :)

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
Pools hashrate meter is SUPER inaccurate because it is based on shares per min.
MMC network difficulty is constantly changing.
You should just mine the coin and forget about calculators.

Sadly some indication of daily earnings is important. Mining blindly without a care of earning potential isn't my cup of tea.

I only mentioned poolhashrates compared to the reported global network hashrate so I could get an indication of whats going on. Basicly all either both of them are completely wrong or one of them are correct, which is it ? :/

Offline earntodie

• View Profile
As an example, right now and for most of the day network hashrate is ~64000 while I am sitting at between 9000-13000 so using even just 9000 at a rate of 10 blocks average per hour I should earn at a bare minimum 1.4 blocks per hour / 317 MEG per hour. This is not at all the results I am seeing, I am averaging around 0.7-0.9 blocks per hour.

I cant figure out why there is such huge differences, clearly somewhere something is wrong or the pools operate at huge hidden fees.
LOL ))
What blocks did you find?
1GH CLUB!! PTS mining club - PTS.1GH.COM, MEMORY coin mining club - MMC.1GH.COM, MAX coin mining club - MAX.1GH.COM

Offline glitchboy

• View Profile
    • MMCPool.com
Pools hashrate meter is SUPER inaccurate because it is based on shares per min.
MMC network difficulty is constantly changing.
You should just mine the coin and forget about calculators.
MMCPool.com - MemoryCoin 2.0 Pool

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
Well I got some new info looking at mmcpool block percentage on portion Im testing there and on mmc.1gh.com

I put 4500 on mmcpool and the recent long block gave me 20% of the block meaning there was atleast 22500hpm grinding out that block at mmcpool.

At the same time mmc.1gh.com hashrate just looking at the frontend numbers shows over 60000hpm which give the 2 pools combined more than 80000hpm however the network hashrate graph shows the network at no more than 64000hpm.

All I can take from this is that the network hashrate graph is completely flawed and inaccurate or am I missing something heh.

Offline Linolis

• View Profile

I had the same problem with 1GH. Switched to MMCPool and my 24hr MMC is right on target with the calculator. Might just be bad luck, might be higher reject rates.

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
Where is the issue, is this calculator just completely inaccurate ie. 25-30% inaccuracy is close to unusable as a calculator.
It does not account for the rejected solutions. And after three unsuccessful days, can go a few good days when you will be getting more than the calculator shows.

Ive compared my results prior to the rejects I started seeing on 1gh.com so no its not due to rejects.

My main worry here is that the pools are actually taking more in fees than they specify which is even more worrying.

So if you believe that your calculator is definitely >90% accurate then these pools have some explaining to do considering I am nearly 20% of the total network hashrate spread across pools and some solomining(with old wallet miner, yam miner giving me issues trying to solomine) and I am not receiving even close to 20% of daily network block earnings.

Offline agran

• View Profile
Where is the issue, is this calculator just completely inaccurate ie. 25-30% inaccuracy is close to unusable as a calculator.
It does not account for the rejected solutions. And after three unsuccessful days, can go a few good days when you will be getting more than the calculator shows.
MMC: MEKdGj95hNjuYn8xiw4iz1iQUQGA47UBMB | BTC: 1agran1xQ4Nwiqv1qegBDF6kqZdfESMUG

Offline bppsp1

• View Profile
For the last 3 days I have compared my 24hrs earnings with this calculator just about every hour then over 24hrs and my 24hrs results show 25-30% less than what this calc estimates I should earn.

I have compared a rather big hashrate on the 2 big pools and both of them show this 25-30% lower earnings than the calculator suggest.