Author Topic: Stealth Transactions - updates??  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
When you say "new style" are you talking about kencode's work? I hear bits & pieces that stealth will be going to test on the testnet "soon", "in a few weeks" etc. but I've seen nothing definitive from kencode yet. On other posts I've gotten the impression it could be weeks and months away.
Yhea, "new style" refers to ken's work. I offered to update the public testnet to include his code already - in fact I hesitated to reset the current testnet after stress testto give him time to finish up the code and documentation and not have to hardfork at all .. but i haven't heard back in that regard yet. Maybe I need to reset the testnet without his code and fork it in later. Let's see

Stealth aside weren't there other objectives to determine where the limiting factor in achieving higher performance is? Have you identified areas in the code that deserve more scrutiny and possible instrumentation to provide data improve your understanding?
I have looked alot into the code (not being a C++ dev - that is not very efficient) - still i found some edges that can and should be optimized.
Among this is the optimization of the market trading database that needs to be done sooner than later.
Besides that, I am already in contact with other high profile devs that are probably going to help once everything required is put in place ..

Offline Thom

We should be due for testnet soon, no?
So far, no one has contacted me yet for updating the testnet to support the "new style" of doing STEALTH.
The former style of stealth is available on the testnet, but not exposed in the UI

When you say "new style" are you talking about kencode's work? I hear bits & pieces that stealth will be going to test on the testnet "soon", "in a few weeks" etc. but I've seen nothing definitive from kencode yet. On other posts I've gotten the impression it could be weeks and months away.

Stealth aside weren't there other objectives to determine where the limiting factor in achieving higher performance is? Have you identified areas in the code that deserve more scrutiny and possible instrumentation to provide data improve your understanding?

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So far, no one has contacted me yet for updating the testnet to support the "new style" of doing STEALTH.
The former style of stealth is available on the testnet, but not exposed in the UI

Offline R

• View Profile

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Hello
I was excited to hear something about this was happening soon but can't find any info.

Anything documented?