Author Topic: BitSharesX  (Read 11436 times)

Offline luther-05

• View Profile
I have never imported my files from Genesis. I do have the private keys from my BTC wallet that i used to donate in angel shares. It kept saying import successful but there is 0 balance. I did try the look up balance but it did not work as well.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Check your PMs blahblah7up

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Is anyone seeding the 0.9.3.c. chain data?  There is a torrent link in the documentation but there don't seem to be any peers seeding it.  Any other options for getting the full 0.9.3.c. chain?

Offline Exergy

• View Profile
Glad you got it resolved.

I actually think I had the same error as you when I initially tried to recover my funds, but I tried again and it didn't happen the second time - seems yours wasn't so simple!

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
PROBLEM SOLVED

fluxer555 and I worked yesterday and today to recover all my BTS plus some extra I was unaware of. He was relentless in his pursuit to solve all the problems I had and there were many. If anyone has any problems with moving their BTS from old outdated wallets to 2.0 then fluxer555 is your man. He is super knowledgeable and super easy to work with. I chose to compensate him very well for all the great work he did. It was well worth it.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
if you got "0" from recover accounts, that means there were no addition accounts recovered. That's ok. Run "wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000" (with ACCOUNT-NAME replaced with your account name), let it rescan again, and then try exporting the wallet.

I don't know why it would say it already exists. Sounds like it may be a bug. Make sure that you have permissions to write to where you want to save it (maybe need to run wallet as administrator as others have said).

I received this message: >> wallet_regenerate_keys bitcoinnoisseur-2 1000

What does 4000 mean?

I am rescanning. I have been running as administrator. Is it a problem that my acct isn't registered? Do I need to delete the keys.json I created before trying to export it again?

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Check the filesize of the wallet that failed to import, then check the filesize of the newly exported wallet. If they are different, then that means the content changed, and you should try re-importing it into the 2.0 wallet.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
if you got "0" from recover accounts, that means there were no addition accounts recovered. That's ok. Run "wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000" (with ACCOUNT-NAME replaced with your account name), let it rescan again, and then try exporting the wallet.

I don't know why it would say it already exists. Sounds like it may be a bug. Make sure that you have permissions to write to where you want to save it (maybe need to run wallet as administrator as others have said).

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
"wallet_scan_progress": "3.51 %",

You'll have to wait now. You may have to wait after each step. It's what I did, find a book to read or some other activity, it took me about an hour each time :)

The scanning is complete. Don't know what to do next.

Do I have to have the account registered? I was only able to register the 2.0 wallet.

I don't understand what this means: "If the scan is complete (100%) and you funds are not back yet please proceed to the next step."  My funds were there to begin with. Do I have to check something else before trying to export the .json again? Do I need to delete the .json that I wasn't able to import in to 2.0? I always get a file already exists message.

I apologize for asking so many questions but I truly don't know what else to do.

I got this message after trying to recover accounts: >> wallet_recover_accounts 10
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:24:17 pm by bitcoinnoisseur »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

You'll have to wait now. You may have to wait after each step. It's what I did, find a book to read or some other activity, it took me about an hour each time :)

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
You're basically there already. I don't know why the 2.0 wallet isn't importing your funds, and giving that TypeError.

My best guess right now would be to rescan your wallet in 0.9.3c, then re-export the keys, and try importing them again.

I found old documentation by using archive.org that helped me. Here is the info (converted to GitHub markdown):

https://gist.github.com/flux627/f16ad0daf02c3fe7fe58ce9d39b753ee

In my case, I had to do everything here except the last step (wallet_recover_transaction)

I tried to follow but am very confused using the console. I have never used any console before yesterday.

When I tried to "rescan" I got the OK but when I entered "getinfo"  I did not get The relevant return line is "wallet_scan_progress". I got this:

{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 1356229,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "2 years 4 months old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2014-12-26T05:30:20",
  "blockchain_head_block_id": "c0187a684f9a5348a938b726ab74a5715fc09890",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "0.00 %",
  "blockchain_share_supply": "2,498,586,471.66562 BTS",
  "blockchain_blocks_left_in_round": 100,
  "blockchain_next_round_time": "at least 17 minutes in the future",
  "blockchain_next_round_timestamp": "2017-05-03T14:58:30",
  "blockchain_random_seed": "7751a26e03131e6ebed7a8bd28348f11c9df89d5",
  "client_data_dir": "C:/Users/My Name/AppData/Roaming/BitShares",
  "client_version": "0.9.3c",
  "network_num_connections": 0,
  "network_num_connections_max": 200,
  "network_chain_downloader_running": false,
  "network_chain_downloader_blocks_remaining": null,
  "ntp_time": "2017-05-03T14:41:52",
  "ntp_time_error": "0.654131000000",
  "wallet_open": true,
  "wallet_unlocked": true,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": "12 days in the future",
  "wallet_unlocked_until_timestamp": "2017-05-15T04:25:57",
  "wallet_last_scanned_block_timestamp": "2014-08-11T01:39:10",
  "wallet_block_production_enabled": false,
  "wallet_next_block_production_time": null,
  "wallet_next_block_production_timestamp": null
}

I also noted there is this function: wallet_rescan_blockchain [start_block_num] [limit] [scan_in_background]. I don't know if I need to use that instead of just "rescan" but I don't know what parameters to use if I did.

I have tried to re-export the keys but it says the file already exists even if I change the name to keys2.json.

I don't understand why this is so difficult. I know I am so close.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
You're basically there already. I don't know why the 2.0 wallet isn't importing your funds, and giving that TypeError.

My best guess right now would be to rescan your wallet in 0.9.3c, then re-export the keys, and try importing them again.

I found old documentation by using archive.org that helped me. Here is the info (converted to GitHub markdown):

https://gist.github.com/flux627/f16ad0daf02c3fe7fe58ce9d39b753ee

In my case, I had to do everything here except the last step (wallet_recover_transaction)

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
This looks like a bug in the latest wallet.

Didn't you use the same version? How did the migration work for you? And what did you have to do after importing the keys?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
Here are the non-broken images for you:

Thank you. You beat me to it.

I read in another thread that you "recently had to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to upgrade to 2.0 from my old 1.0 backup"

Can you help me?