Author Topic: Light client turns to a complete white screen.  (Read 2871 times)

Offline svk

Good to see you figured it out. I've made some modifications locally that ensure the sync-error screen gets shown properly, I just want to test it some more before I push it in a live version.

Now I can move back to the virtual machine I normally use for bitshares. I'm not all that comfortable having bitshares in my day-to-day  use browser, or desktop for that matter. Any suggestions how to safely remove the bitshares wallet from firefox, without destroying my profile? I've become rather sentimentally attached to it and it's impressive history.

You can delete the wallet in the settings under Wallet, then navigate to the account you want to track and click Follow, that will make it look the same as when you had the private keys in the wallet.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline JoeyD

I'll try rerunning the ntp-client to see if it fixes it then, and I'll get back to you if it does.

I've had an issue with time being slightly offset in the past, but from what I remember that did not blank out the display, but gave a warning about it. That is of course dependent on if I remember correctly.

UPDATE:
Yeah, seems that resyncing my ntp time did the trick. Sorry about that. It would be nice however if it showed an error instead of completely blanking out.

Now I can move back to the virtual machine I normally use for bitshares. I'm not all that comfortable having bitshares in my day-to-day  use browser, or desktop for that matter. Any suggestions how to safely remove the bitshares wallet from firefox, without destroying my profile? I've become rather sentimentally attached to it and it's impressive history.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:18:03 pm by JoeyD »

Offline svk

Abit suggested to me this was an issue with your local clock being ahead of the actual time, I'll be taking a look today to see if I can reproduce it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline JoeyD

Running the wallet from firefox through bitshares.org/wallet works fine for me.

As far as I recall the exact same installed light-wallet used to work, but maybe an update on ubuntu messed things up. After the problem started occurring I downloaded the most recent version, but the white-screen problem remained the same.

Someone mentioned in the telegram group as a response to someone else having the same problem, that it could be an issue with having and AMD-cpu, which I do have, but I don't understand how that's relevant, unless someone went overboard with the CFLAG-optimizations.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Similar issue on the latest build for win10 as well.  Screen stays grey in color unless I launch it as an administrator and hit reload at the top for some reason takes care of this issue.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
170410 works fine for me. I'm using Ubuntu as well. Could you check bitshares.org/wallet? It's the same GUI.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I have absolutely the same problem and it is almost 100% sure somehow connected to chat.
My system UBUNTU, last version of Light client

Offline JoeyD

Don't know if other people suffer from this, but lately the light client on linux always ends up as a  white screen. It seems to start up properly, but it does something after the chat button pops up that makes it turn completely white and judging by the non changing mouse pointer it turns inoperable as well.

Reloading the view does not solve the problem.

Any ideas on how to solve this?