Author Topic: Proxies  (Read 2860 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Actually I found the witnesses being voted for.  Just confused at whether I have to vote for a proxy or if I can choose witnesses.  Also how do I see what witnesses are doing what ?  Similarly with committee members

if you vote for a proxy, you give them the rights to vote in your stead.

if you want to vote on witnesses, committee and so on, you can not vote for a proxy

Offline 3beanzz

• @beanz on steemit.com
    • View Profile
    • V.O.T.U. Studios
  • BitShares: BEANZ-3NA
Actually I found the witnesses being voted for.  Just confused at whether I have to vote for a proxy or if I can choose witnesses.  Also how do I see what witnesses are doing what ?  Similarly with committee members

Offline 3beanzz

• @beanz on steemit.com
    • View Profile
    • V.O.T.U. Studios
  • BitShares: BEANZ-3NA
I'm also wondering not only who to vote for but how to vote.  It seems I can choose a proxy but can't choose individual witnesses to vote for?  Also, when I look at those proxy voters I can't seem to see who they're voting for.

Offline q80

• View Profile
Primary: xeroc
Reason: He is a long time member of this community, has a good reputation, great thinker and software dev, mostly python I believe. He is also an all around nice guy!

Secondary: fav
Reason: He is also a long time member of this community, very active on Telegram and Twitter, speaks his mind, and I generally like his perspective.

Both are also members of the "committee", who are elected by stake-weighted shareholder votes whose role is to periodically review and set adjustable blockchain parameters such as transaction fees, as well as worker and witness pay levels. I defer my vote to them b/c I don't have the time or inclination to research all issues and cast a vote for every issue. I believe they also have a better understanding of many aspects of this ecosystem than I do.

Not only does this free up my time to do other things, I can revoke the proxy at any time if I dislike their stance on something. I could even revoke it so I can vote contrary to them on a specific issue and then re-establish them as my proxy once my direct vote for that issue is counted. It isn't perfect, but it can be made to work.

This is another area where some tools could be created to provide users more information on how proxies vote or how they set fees. If that were tracked over time it could also be charted to provide visual trend analysis.

Thank you for replying much appreciated. What's fav's twitter handle?

Offline Thom

Primary: xeroc
Reason: He is a long time member of this community, has a good reputation, great thinker and software dev, mostly python I believe. He is also an all around nice guy!

Secondary: fav
Reason: He is also a long time member of this community, very active on Telegram and Twitter, speaks his mind, and I generally like his perspective.

Both are also members of the "committee", who are elected by stake-weighted shareholder votes whose role is to periodically review and set adjustable blockchain parameters such as transaction fees, as well as worker and witness pay levels. I defer my vote to them b/c I don't have the time or inclination to research all issues and cast a vote for every issue. I believe they also have a better understanding of many aspects of this ecosystem than I do.

Not only does this free up my time to do other things, I can revoke the proxy at any time if I dislike their stance on something. I could even revoke it so I can vote contrary to them on a specific issue and then re-establish them as my proxy once my direct vote for that issue is counted. It isn't perfect, but it can be made to work.

This is another area where some tools could be created to provide users more information on how proxies vote or how they set fees. If that were tracked over time it could also be charted to provide visual trend analysis.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:45:42 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline q80

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

BTSR holder here I'm wondering who is your proxy of choice and why?

Thanks.