Author Topic: 0.9.3c sync issues from downloaded blockchain Any ideas?  (Read 2524 times)

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
You cannot connect to the old network, because it doesn't exist anymore. The good thing is that you don't need to, if you have downloaded the old blockchain.
You have to start the old client with option --rebuild-index to have it scan the old blockchain and build up its database.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline mrbildo

• View Profile
He's obviously trying to, all guide say to sync Bitshares 1 in order to do this.

Offline testz

Hello,
 I have installed 0.9.3c on my windows 7 and used my backed up .json file to load in my accounts
This works but I no longer have any balances so I have downloaded the old blockchain via the bittorrent and replaced my the chain file under
C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares  but my wallet just hangs when I start it up.  I have noticed that under
chain/raw_chain/block_id_to_block_data_db there is an additional file LOG.old that isn't in the original chain file folder. Not sure why it would be different. I have tried just copying over the files that are the same between the two different chain files but it still hangs.   Also I was wondering if my problems were being caused by using 0.9.3c instead of 0.9.3. I downloaded 0.9.3 but its just the source code so its a bit beyond me to try and get that to work.  My wallet also says it cannot connect to the network.  So I wondered if it was something to do with my security settings.  I deactivated those.  I guess I'm so late to the transfer party that it wouldn't be able o connect now.
I tried just importing my keys into bitshares 2.0 web wallet, I have the private keys for each account as well as the .json file  just in case, but no balances can be seen which leads me back to 0.9.3c and trying to get my wallet to sync.
Each time I strip bitshares off my machine and reinstall it onto my machine from scratch but that doesn't seem to make a difference
2 days in now and starting to wonder if my coins are just dead................ I've got a bit obsessed trying to get this to work
Any ideas anybody? Any help really appreciated.
Thanks,

Jay

You should migrate to BitShares 2.0, more info you can found here: http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/index.html

Offline jay70

• View Profile
Hello,
 I have installed 0.9.3c on my windows 7 and used my backed up .json file to load in my accounts
This works but I no longer have any balances so I have downloaded the old blockchain via the bittorrent and replaced my the chain file under
C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares  but my wallet just hangs when I start it up.  I have noticed that under
chain/raw_chain/block_id_to_block_data_db there is an additional file LOG.old that isn't in the original chain file folder. Not sure why it would be different. I have tried just copying over the files that are the same between the two different chain files but it still hangs.   Also I was wondering if my problems were being caused by using 0.9.3c instead of 0.9.3. I downloaded 0.9.3 but its just the source code so its a bit beyond me to try and get that to work.  My wallet also says it cannot connect to the network.  So I wondered if it was something to do with my security settings.  I deactivated those.  I guess I'm so late to the transfer party that it wouldn't be able o connect now.
I tried just importing my keys into bitshares 2.0 web wallet, I have the private keys for each account as well as the .json file  just in case, but no balances can be seen which leads me back to 0.9.3c and trying to get my wallet to sync.
Each time I strip bitshares off my machine and reinstall it onto my machine from scratch but that doesn't seem to make a difference
2 days in now and starting to wonder if my coins are just dead................ I've got a bit obsessed trying to get this to work
Any ideas anybody? Any help really appreciated.
Thanks,

Jay